Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    white noise
    No i understood perfectly. I think you missed the memo that told you you're not entitled to everything. Wanna "collect" everything? Get gud.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    You are right it isn't about racials at all anymore, it's hard to recruit on Alliance side and harder to do sales.
    Actually with sales it seems to be the opposite - horde competition is fierce and prices are undercut harshly, while there is still similar amount of casuals and whales on both factions because they don't really seem to be paying much attention to top tiers. No.1 guild on my server was advertising selling mythic Antorus and Argus and immediately some people jumped into the thread saying "but on horde it's much cheaper!" well duh, more sellers = prices drop.

There are even some horde guilds that have an "alt guild" on alliance to tap into the alliance market.

Anyway, what was the nail to the coffin for the alliance pve scene, was mythic+ community. When mythic+ fostered playing together among top players, no matter your guild or server, one barrier remained, faction. To remove that barrier, everyone started converging on horde, helped by the fact belf racial was so goddamn sweet for m+ pushing.

Before the era of m+ people mostly looked at server population, since mythic raiding didn't include cross realm. There were several alliance dominated servers in the EU that did just fine, like Sylvanas or Frostmane. They're nearly dead now. Ravencrest is the last bastion and seems guilds are fleeing from it to horde servers in droves.

1 expansion of mythic+ did more to further the imbalance than years of preferential racials in raiding.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-05-16 at 01:05 AM.

There might be some whom are planning to go Alliance, for better chance of obtaining said achievement/title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    No i understood perfectly. I think you missed the memo that told you you're not entitled to everything. Wanna "collect" everything? Get gud.
    You have a very elitistic view on the game. You seem to only value the hardcore players and the casuals, are they trash to you? Are you really in ScrubBusters? I mean come on, I would expect people in such good guilds to be at least a little humble. "Get gud" is something I would expect of a 14 year old who got boosted by his older brother and now wanna get back to his friends who called him a noob, not from a raider in the 7th best guild. Where is your professionalism? Does your guildmates know you lurk forums and insult those who are below you, or do they encourage you to do so?

Obviously you outplay me, good for you, but I am sure we are paying the same kind of subscription to play this game. No matter how you look at it, in Blizzards eyes, we are equal. We are both paying customers, and our voices should matter equally much. You wanna push world rankings in raids, fine. I wanna collect stuff, cause I am a collector. We play the same game, but in different ways, and guess what, both are fine.

Neither of us are alone in what we do either, and if Blizzard wanna keep the game healthy, and to keep as many people playing as possible, they really, really need to cater to all of us. Cause if they just cater to you, the elitists, us mortals will get bored one day and seek other games and while you think "good riddence", I promise you, if WoW start to lose hundreds of thousands of players rapidly, what do you think will happen to the quality of the game? How cool is your world rankings then, if you get it for a dead game?

These raid titles might seem like a small thing, but the cup is starting to run over, there are already enought unobtainable things in this game as it is.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I thought the top end guilds went horde for bloodlust back in the day. Hence all the "good" players went there and stayed.

So it was for shaman and faction only class.....and no reason to move now
    The real shift that caused the vast imbalance happened thanks to ToT where 5 or 6 out of the 13 bosses either were beast or had beasts in the fight which back then the troll racial of extra damage vs beasts was vastly superior to anything the alliance had to offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amaze123 View Post
    Let me rephrase it. Having 2-3 blood elfs in your group is extremly helpfull. Shadowmeld and stoneform can be really good, but is nothing compared to a 3 seconds aoe silence on 90 seconds cooldown.
    Shadowmeld? Apart from necrotic and trolling your mates if you're a night elf tank I can't think of any actual uses for shadowmeld. Admittedly this may be due to a lack of creativity, but if you got some examples of how shadowmeld is useful apart from necrotic and maybe to lessen major fuckups I'd honestly like to hear it.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

You have a very elitistic view on the game. You seem to only value the hardcore players and the casuals, are they trash to you? Are you really in ScrubBusters? I mean come on, I would expect people in such good guilds to be at least a little humble. "Get gud" is something I would expect of a 14 year old who got boosted by his older brother and now wanna get back to his friends who called him a noob, not from a raider in the 7th best guild. Where is your professionalism? Does your guildmates know you lurk forums and insult those who are below you, or do they encourage you to do so?
    Wow. Lots of hot takes in there. No I don't think casual players (or non raiding players) are beneath me, that said, I don't value their opinions much when it comes to class or PvE design, and it does piss me off when things get watered down to cater to pet collectors. You have your thing, just let us have ours. As for professionalism, IDK what to tell you about that. Do you think people in a "serious" guild sit there raiding in a shirt and tie? Nah we're just normal human beings with our own emotions and thoughts, when I speak I don't speak for anyone in my guild.

Obviously you outplay me, good for you, but I am sure we are paying the same kind of subscription to play this game. No matter how you look at it, in Blizzards eyes, we are equal. We are both paying customers, and our voices should matter equally much. You wanna push world rankings in raids, fine. I wanna collect stuff, cause I am a collector. We play the same game, but in different ways, and guess what, both are fine.
    Ah the "my 15 dorrahs is the same as your 15 dorrahs" trump card. Your 15 dollars gives you ACCESS to the exact same stuff I have access to. Nothing more nothing less. I choose not to collect pets, that's my choice. You choose not to raid mythic, again, it's your choice.

Neither of us are alone in what we do either, and if Blizzard wanna keep the game healthy, and to keep as many people playing as possible, they really, really need to cater to all of us. Cause if they just cater to you, the elitists, us mortals will get bored one day and seek other games and while you think "good riddence", I promise you, if WoW start to lose hundreds of thousands of players rapidly, what do you think will happen to the quality of the game? How cool is your world rankings then, if you get it for a dead game?

These raid titles might seem like a small thing, but the cup is starting to run over, there are already enought unobtainable things in this game as it is.
    Throwing the odd exclusive title at top tier players every now and then is certainly not "Catering to elitists". Again, it doesn't infringe on your gameplay in anyway. If mythic raiders were given a limited-time title, does it really impact you at all that you miss out on getting your 340th title that you won't ever wear? Even if you are that insane to say it would, guess what, nothing stops you from raiding mythic and getting it yourself.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Lots of hot takes in there. No I don't think casual players (or non raiding players) are beneath me, that said, I don't value their opinions much when it comes to class or PvE design, and it does piss me off when things get watered down to cater to pet collectors. You have your thing, just let us have ours. As for professionalism, IDK what to tell you about that. Do you think people in a "serious" guild sit there raiding in a shirt and tie? Nah we're just normal human beings with our own emotions and thoughts, when I speak I don't speak for anyone in my guild.

Ah the "my 15 dorrahs is the same as your 15 dorrahs" trump card. Your 15 dollars gives you ACCESS to the exact same stuff I have access to. Nothing more nothing less. I choose not to collect pets, that's my choice. You choose not to raid mythic, again, it's your choice.

Throwing the odd exclusive title at top tier players every now and then is certainly not "Catering to elitists". Again, it doesn't infringe on your gameplay in anyway. If mythic raiders were given a limited-time title, does it really impact you at all that you miss out on getting your 340th title that you won't ever wear? Even if you are that insane to say it would, guess what, nothing stops you from raiding mythic and getting it yourself.

If you want 100%, as in really 100% of all things, mounts, pets, toys, titles, achievements etc, you would not settle with 99%. I obviously don't have 100%, but it's something to strive for, a final goal. What keeps me going is "one day I have it all". Closest I've been was in Cataclysm, where I had almost every mount in game, except TCG ones and some PvP ones and every achievement except PvP/RBG rated-achievements. I looked at those rating achievements, and while I know I prolly never get Gladiator, I still know that I CAN get it, and that's really important.

And that's all I ask for, a chance to get it ALL. Limited-time titles are out of my reach. My IRL situation doesn't leave enough room to raid Mythic atm, and absolutely not top 100 mythic, even if I had the skill for it, which I'm not even sure I do. So why make the limited time? Why not add a title for killing Mythic bosses, like you get "Titanslayer" for killing Mythic Argus. Don't you think having the title Titanslayer NOW is enough? WHY does it bother you if I get the title next expansion, like I will (I can only assume killing Mythic Argus next expansion will be somewhat like killing Mythic Archimonde now, which is quite easy).

You had a cool title, Titanslayer (if you don't think it's cool, it's atleast some bragrights) when it MATTERED to have it. Next expansion, it lose value, as anyone can get it, but so what? Then you will have a new cool title from the current Mythic end boss. Us casuals are always one expansion behind on the cool stuff, so why does it bother you if we can collect it later? WHY do you need limited time titles, what harm is it that casuals eventually get it, for collective purposes. You had them current expansion for bragrights or w/e, and we have the next expansion for collection. To me, it sounds like everybody wins!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Shadowmeld? Apart from necrotic and trolling your mates if you're a night elf tank I can't think of any actual uses for shadowmeld. Admittedly this may be due to a lack of creativity, but if you got some examples of how shadowmeld is useful apart from necrotic and maybe to lessen major fuckups I'd honestly like to hear it.
    At high keys where some stuff can 1 shot you like the cast from Xavius in DHT you can cancel it if you quickly shadowmeld, you can also quickly blink out of its range or feign death etc. but not every class has it plus it can target you more than once. You can also cancel the annoying beam from the eye miniboss in COS before Talixae so you don't take reduced speed / damage debuff. I reckon you can also shadowmeld if Habaron targets you for adds, but he will just recast it on another person (if other people have immunity it might be worth it). There are few other abilities you can cancel but I don't recollect all of them now.

And that's all I ask for, a chance to get it ALL. Limited-time titles are out of my reach. My IRL situation doesn't leave enough room to raid Mythic atm, and absolutely not top 100 mythic, even if I had the skill for it, which I'm not even sure I do. So why make the limited time? Why not add a title for killing Mythic bosses, like you get "Titanslayer" for killing Mythic Argus. Don't you think having the title Titanslayer NOW is enough? WHY does it bother you if I get the title next expansion, like I will (I can only assume killing Mythic Argus next expansion will be somewhat like killing Mythic Archimonde now, which is quite easy).
    Take server first titles for example. They were fucking cool. They're still fucking cool. Titanslayer is nice when you first get it but loses value every week and every nerf. In a few more weeks the pre patch will hit and it will be worthless. If there was a server first Argus title I could wear it with pride until I quit the game, that's the difference. But server first titles are another casualty of the "I want everything, I deserve everything" crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take server first titles for example. They were fucking cool. They're still fucking cool. Titanslayer is nice when you first get it but loses value every week and every nerf. In a few more weeks the pre patch will hit and it will be worthless. If there was a server first Argus title I could wear it with pride until I quit the game, that's the difference. But server first titles are another casualty of the "I want everything, I deserve everything" crowd.
    I just don't get it, is your "bragrights" so to speak, that important? Why do you take pleasure in knowing others don't have what you do? I just want to understand. In IRL, lets say you want a nice car. What's most important, that YOU have a nice car, or that your car is NICER than your neighboors car? I am not really aiming this at you specifically, but I have seen so many people, almost litterally saying "look what I got, you don't have this, na na na na na na". Everyday I see people bragging with their stuff and I don't get it.

I just don't get it, is your "bragrights" so to speak, that important? Why do you take pleasure in knowing others don't have what you do? I just want to understand. In IRL, lets say you want a nice car. What's most important, that YOU have a nice car, or that your car is NICER than your neighboors car? I am not really aiming this at you specifically, but I have seen so many people, almost litterally saying "look what I got, you don't have this, na na na na na na". Everyday I see people bragging with their stuff and I don't get it.
    Do I really need to explain the appeal of working harder for something better?

In your car analogy, I would work hard and get a nice car. But then in a year, you get the same car for free, because you call yourself a car collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    At high keys where some stuff can 1 shot you like the cast from Xavius in DHT you can cancel it if you quickly shadowmeld, you can also quickly blink out of its range or feign death etc. but not every class has it plus it can target you more than once. You can also cancel the annoying beam from the eye miniboss in COS before Talixae so you don't take reduced speed / damage debuff. I reckon you can also shadowmeld if Habaron targets you for adds, but he will just recast it on another person (if other people have immunity it might be worth it). There are few other abilities you can cancel but I don't recollect all of them now.
    I'd honestly forgotten about both of those shadowmeld use points, even though I had seen it. A herpderp point to me it seems :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Do I really need to explain the appeal of working harder for something better?

In your car analogy, I would work hard and get a nice car. But then in a year, you get the same car for free, because you call yourself a car collector.
    And then everyone would lose their cars and have to earn a car again when the next car expansion came out.

This topic has been beaten to death in a previous thread, the answer is no. These titles won't do anything, they certainly won't entice top guilds to switch over.

In the shrinking hardcore raiding scene, recruitment pool >>>>>> everything else.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Blizzard barely does anything that's only available to top players anymore. Adding one title for the top100 guilds per faction per raid/tier is hardly a lot. If you want to collect everything, you'll just have to get better at the game, which a lot of other collectors have done(like the ones who completed 100% of all achievements). Just because you pay the same subscription doesn't mean you should have every reward handed to you, even once it's no longer current.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    It's huge on Xavius and Shade of Medivh, because it drops target and cancels their 1shot casts, essentially giving you an immunity.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want 100%, as in really 100% of all things, mounts, pets, toys, titles, achievements etc, you would not settle with 99%. I obviously don't have 100%, but it's something to strive for, a final goal. What keeps me going is "one day I have it all". Closest I've been was in Cataclysm, where I had almost every mount in game, except TCG ones and some PvP ones and every achievement except PvP/RBG rated-achievements. I looked at those rating achievements, and while I know I prolly never get Gladiator, I still know that I CAN get it, and that's really important.

You had a cool title, Titanslayer (if you don't think it's cool, it's atleast some bragrights) when it MATTERED to have it. Next expansion, it lose value, as anyone can get it, but so what? Then you will have a new cool title from the current Mythic end boss. Us casuals are always one expansion behind on the cool stuff, so why does it bother you if we can collect it later? WHY do you need limited time titles, what harm is it that casuals eventually get it, for collective purposes. You had them current expansion for bragrights or w/e, and we have the next expansion for collection. To me, it sounds like everybody wins!
    If you want 100%, as in really 100%, not just 99%, you'd be dedicated enough to do what it takes and get better at the game instead of just complaining it's too hard. Also as Durrtygoodz says, titles like Death's Demise are still cool to this day(as in almost a decade later), because you know the guy who has it did something impressive immediately just from looking at it. Blackwing's Bane? Savior of Azeroth? Those titles mean nothing anymore. And you can't get the season-specific Gladiator titles or tabards.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    "Will any guild go alliance for a better shot at the new mythic raid titles?"

Yeah, of course.

Weird how so many people ignored the question.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

What's the point of having collectibles when getting them is just a matter of grind/time? It would literally make any kind of collecting meaningless. Some things should be determined by skill. Haven't seen you crying about gladiator mounts and rank 1 titles but maybe I've missed something.

Also, stop with the 'we are all paying customers' bs. If you have an unreasonable request then people should call you out. I'm a collector and I miss certain titles/mounts because I am not raiding mythic anymore and I am not doing pvp. And that's how it should be.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2018-05-16 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    "Will any guild go alliance for a better shot at the new mythic raid titles?"

Yeah, of course.

Weird how so many people ignored the question.
    Why would they? They'd gimp their own recruitment options so hard it's not even funny

Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    Why would they? They'd gimp their own recruitment options so hard it's not even funny
    And still some guilds will do. Maybe only get a Title and then disband but for sure some will try

If there was a server first Argus title I could wear it with pride until I quit the game
    You would bitch about players who got it during the next expansion because they're on a dead server (or even worse if you got benched for the last boss for x or y reason).

The old system was trash, and this one probably will be too.