An antagonistic, evil character suddenly becoming good like everyone is suggesting would be far worse than anything in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This is why factions should be done away with.

It contorts people's thoughts. It's us or them am i right? Such a tireing concept.

It's guys like you showing horde are whinners and guys on the other threads showing alliance are whinners. Enough already! You are all wrong. Things aren't black and white.
    Well, it won't help. Just look at the Alliance, it's all about the true potential of humans there. Moreover, Golden is openly fangirling over her own character: Anduin. In all honesty, the Horde prob drew the shortest straw in this case, but Ally non-human races or less relevant human members aren't safe either.

No one is safe from being used for Anduin's development into the God Emperor he's destined to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    What the actual fu*k are those previews for Before the Storm. We are in tumblerina fan-fiction territory. Wth? I liked some of Golden's previous books, what is going on... A feminist Sylvanas, Calia tries to usurp Sylvanas (even though she said she didn't want to in legion), gets killed and re-animated by the light?
    We may have dodged illidan's cringy prophecy as the child of light and shadow, but they are getting back to us now
    Yeah, I think I might be done giving any semblance of a fuck about the story in this game. Characters change hands too often to be consistent, and this is just another case of a shitty writer putting her spin on an established character. In this case it's worse because it's sending a political message blatantly, where they never really has been before. This is what happens when you have someone who writes characters based on something they read on salon.com.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    ....and he got that from the scourge motto that they've said since the game started.

i remember being there in brill at lvl 4 giving strange herbs and poisons to an imprisoned dwarf because they were trying to preferct the plague that would kill all life and scourge
    Contrary to popular belief the Forsaken motto has always been "Beware the living" Not "Death to the living." The Forsaken only existed to destroy the scourge and anything that stood in the way of that goal before Cataclysm. A plague that was going to destroy the scourge was never going to spare the living and the Alliance was their enemy. They had no reason to make a plague that wasn't going to wipe out all life.

Deleted
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/mission=1913/echo-isles-navy

" Much of the Horde's naval power is docked in the Echo Isles. Infiltrate the troll capital, and set fire to their ships. "

Such naval power. Waow. A single dock !

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, it won't help. Just look at the Alliance, it's all about the true potential of humans there.
    People openly salivate over the chance to scream about humans to the point where they find one line and spam it. Pretty pathetic really.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That is silly. It's not like the Horde had elections to change Warchiefs. Thrall was it when the new Horde was founded, the Horde did not allow for elections or anything similar, Garrosh got a nomination directly then Vol'jin got it because it was politically expedient (had they picked Thrall or Sylvanas, Varian most likely would not have called for a truce). All the races of the Horde have both male and female military commanders. She could have challenged anyone she wanted on a Mak'gora, Vol'jin himself picked her instead of Baine or Saurfang. To talk about a glass ceiling without actually showing it seems disingenuous.
    Oh, absolutely. No disagreement, whatsoever.

It's also schizophrenic writing, as previously noted.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Oh my god the amount of edgelords spewing "anti-SJW" buzzwords in this thread is kind of hilarious, and just makes me love Christie Golden even more

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    People openly salivate over the chance to scream about humans to the point where they find one line and spam it. Pretty pathetic really.
    TBF, it's not our fault that that scenario and this phrase in particular were so cringey that the phrase became a meme.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-05-16 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Oh, absolutely. No disagreement, whatsoever.

It's also schizophrenic writing, as previously noted.
    It's good to see someone who I assume is a feminist agree that this is stupid writing.

If your crowning achievement in life, that one thing you are most proud of, is your gender, you are pathetic.

Pointing this out in the way golden does makes no sense in a universe where we have to deal with world ending threats on an almost daily basis.

"I have just killed this giant burning demon from another dimension with nothing but a butter knife!"
    "Amazing, you are a woman."
    "Yeah, so ... what does this have to do with.."
    "Wow, your life must be so difficult. Please tell us all about how being a woman makes you feel, I just wish to indulge in your female wisdom."
    "... but ... what about that demon?"

I will never understand why in a medium where you have literally thousands of quests per expansion Blizzard feels restricted into developing such a limited roster of characters.
    Well, IIRC, the last time they're asked about it, I think it's before ToS opening in Legion, they said that having multiple significant storylines being developed and told simultaneously would make WoW story too chaotic. That question was about poor and gated questing experience post-launch.

So to avoid the "chaos", Blizz opted for gated questlines, the 1 quest per week stuff, that lead to raids' releases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Oh my god the amount of edgelords spewing "anti-SJW" buzzwords in this thread is kind of hilarious, and just makes me love Christie Golden even more
    Because it's virtue signaling by projecting a real world issue onto a fictional universe which has thus far been presented as having nearly no sexism whatsoever.
    Every time the breaking of gender roles is emphasized and pointed out in such a ham-fisted way it undermines the whole point of equality by reinforcing the idea that it's an exception and not what should be a self-evident norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Because it's virtue signaling by projecting a real world issue onto a fictional universe which has thus far been presented as having nearly no sexism whatsoever.
    Every time the breaking of gender roles is emphasized and pointed out in such a ham-fisted way it undermines the whole point of equality by reinforcing the idea that it's an exception and not what should be a self-evident norm.
    Yeah, this essentially ends the debate in my opinion. Well said.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Oh no Golden what are you doing? Well the books shaping up to be as fun as “Warcrimes” to read.

It’s like they are trying to beat her down to the same dumb level of the other two windrunner sisters.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-05-16 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Sooooooo, where is the charakter progression during the leveling to 120?
    Somehow it feels like 110 but there is a 2 between the 1 and the 0...

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Yeah, I think I might be done giving any semblance of a fuck about the story in this game. Characters change hands too often to be consistent, and this is just another case of a shitty writer putting her spin on an established character. In this case it's worse because it's sending a political message blatantly, where they never really has been before. This is what happens when you have someone who writes characters based on something they read on salon.com.
    I love the lore of this game. Their world building. I loved some of the stories told in the game too, but overall, goddamn they have a really hard time storywise. And yes, I do agree that it is because they change hands all too often. Jaina being a paramount example of inconsistent writing through different mediums.
    And as I've responded before to the accusation of being a "redpill redhat", I am quite the contrary. But whether I endorse or oppose certain political statements doesn't mean I can't criticize them for being shoehorned in and so blatantly out of place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikkui View Post
    Sooooooo, where is the charakter progression during the leveling to 120?
    Somehow it feels like 110 but there is a 2 between the 1 and the 0...
    This is exactly was i was pointing out earlier. There is 0 progression in the leveling progress this time. (Dont come with Azerite Traits, they are a fucking joke).

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Also Sylvanas is not going to die just by this bit alone. Blizzard has an agenda.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/411187738520322050/446270420925284373/snippet_3.png
    Now she has PC SJW armor as well as plot armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Oh no Golden what are you doing? Well the books shaping up to be as fun as “Warcrimes” to read.
    Her writing is worse than an actual war crime.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

5+ Year Old Account
    Trying to present a clearly evil character whose main issue is authoritarianism perceiving herself as feminist should draw complaints MOSTLY from feminists. It's a stupid bigoted trope that belongs in the pantheon of propagandist semiotics alongside the Jezebel and the evil urban gay.

I might swoon.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.