Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allifeur- View Post
    I will repost a link that might give some support to your theory :
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ion?p=47770210
    I just realized that with the Echo Isles getting a Zandalar dock, apparently, maybe they're updating the Troll and Gnome zones to make up for the two capital cities we're losing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Thanks for all the mogu shit in a thread about Gnomes!
    Well, what did you expect? Gnomes are a joke race.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    What do we know? Apparently monkeys with helmets and swords would make fine elite shocktroops for the Horde and guards to the warchief; the Monk'kron.
    Makes you wonder what would be worse received by the community. A patch themed around Hozen or the midget races?

Deleted
    I just realized that with the Echo Isles getting a Zandalar dock, apparently, maybe they're updating the Troll and Gnome zones to make up for the two capital cities we're losing?
    I didn't though of that but you're right... That might be the actual reason.
    A way for us not to feel like we're loosing content because of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well, what did you expect? Gnomes are a joke race.
    What did the gnomes do to you for you to hate them so much? Damn you, you gnome racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jutath View Post
    Mechagnomes would be fricking sweet, but what classes could they possibly be?
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Mage

Maybe shaman, because ... thunder aka eletricity and manipulate elements like goblins

Maybe monk as well.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-05-13 at 08:34 PM.

Gnomes are for punting not playing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I've found another statistic where both races were between 3-4%. In the end it doesn't matter, Goblins and Gnomes are both not a wanted or favorited race by the overwhelming majority of players. Dwarf and Pandaren are close but Gnome and Goblin are represented by the smallest amount of players.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/races

- - - Updated - - -

Those statistics are clearly out of date as they don't even include the new allied races.

Your conclusion is also not accurate. They are not unwanted. They were just chosen less than the others, but the difference isn't big enough that you can make that conclusion as many other races are 1 or 2% away from them. They are in the pool of less popular races, but they are not clearly behind the others. Actually, aside from humans, Blood elves, Night elves and Orcs, the other races are fairly evenly distributed.

But, i see your point, even if not accurate. It is misguided though. Someone will always be the least popular.
    For example monk was the least popular class for quite a while, but in the latest census it seems to have gained popularity and is now above rogue and shaman. I guess shaman is now the class no one wants? Not accurate is it? Lots of people still love playing these races/classes. They are not so unrepresented that you can say everyone dislikes them without saying everyone dislikes everything that isn't human, belf and nelf.

Anyways, don't fret. It's highly unlikely this will be an allied race. I still think we got all the races we are getting (at least until the .2 patch). At best we get 2 more.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-05-14 at 01:09 AM.

I think the whole thing with allied races is they can actually afford to offer some more niche options with them. They don't have to put two races as the face of an expansion, they can instead offer 12 and let people find one or two that suits their tastes. If they designed strictly by shooting for maximum possible popularity, then we'd never see anything like broken or ogres either. I think we'll definitely see something gnome-related before BFA is over, but I can't really imagine what it'll be just yet.

An art director, I think Chris Robinson, commented on that cyborg-gnome concept thinking it was the coolest thing, so maybe that'll be the direction they go. I'd prefer actual mechagnomes, but I'm sure whatever they come up with will be fun and interesting in the end.

Besides, how many people still want Mimiron's Head? The mount alone could be incentive enough for people to do the content associated with unlocking them, even if they don't want to actually play one.

So maybe they could all be at Balor. I'm guessing the place would be Drisburg?

- - - Updated - - -

That would be awesome!! What do you think the Darkspear Trolls will have a skyscraper style Capital? I hope if the Gnomes get get Gnomeregan that they get to have those awesome trams running all throughout the city as it would make it amazing and unique

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    Gnomes are for punting not playing!
    Punting is a form of playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, Horde getting Vampire Elves and we get some frikkin' gnomes and getting that fishface race seems to be the pinnacle of Alliance hopes. SAD!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Oh right, all those old Gnomish submarine from Warcraft II that joined up with the Kul'Tiras fleets of Battleship and High Elves Destroyers.
    Yeah I reckon this might have been, as a poster mentioned above, an old abandoned Submarine factory from the second war....this would explain why there is no mass produced Gnomish Submarines after the second war.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Great, Horde getting Vampire Elves and we get some frikkin' gnomes and getting that fishface race seems to be the pinnacle of Alliance hopes. SAD!
    Alliance has Void Elfs, that also like vampires visually.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=284414/b...ralus-city-map

So, today Blizz added a bunch of prairie dogs. One of them in particular caught my eye.

There are a lot of robot prairie dogs, and a lot of regular prairie dogs: this is the only one that is half-flesh, half robot.

The kicker? It's called inv_mechanicalprairiedog_junker.jpg , just like the "Junker Gnomes" we've been speculating about.

You know, I remember back when the new player models were revealed and Shoc made those sub races. The Gnome one in particular impressed Chris Robinson. I remember him calling it awesome or something.

It wouldn't surprise me if he and the team liked it so much that when allied races were being talked about at Blizzard they went with this idea for a Gnome allied race.

Also great find EbaumsTipster.
    Last edited by The Hero of Legend; 2018-05-16 at 12:41 AM.

This prairie dog has been in the files for a while now. I'm guessing it's the hunter pet for these junker gnomes.

The look implies they might be titanforged? More golden than mechagnomes.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-05-16 at 01:01 AM.

man this is very interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    This prairie dog has been in the files for a while now. I'm guessing it's the hunter pet for these junker gnomes.

The look implies they might be titanforged? More golden than mechagnomes.
    Oh wow, that's pretty wild. Its literally a cyborg!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    There is a werid tunnel at the south of the junkyard, I tried to enter it but a giant gear is blocking the way. The gnomes probably left on their own will.

Maybe have they decided to create their own secret Gnomeregan ? Many leaked gnome assets are nowhere to be found here, moreover Blizzard already created new textures for icy undergrounds :

Quote Originally Posted by Allifeur- View Post
    There is a werid tunnel at the south of the junkyard, I tried to enter it but a giant gear is blocking the way. The gnomes probably left on their own will.

Could you post some pictures of the gear and tunnel? I'm assuming it will slide open like a Vault later.