Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    stuff does not become ash instantly it will take along , long time to have it happen.
    It probably wont get to that though. I don't think they'll throw Teldrassil away 100% like that, in the same way I don't think they'll do the same with Undercity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No one is saying that Blizzard is wrong about their game.
    you need to go back to the first first comment I quoted, because that is exactly what happened.

I know reading is hard, and just saying that someone is a fan boy masks your inability to comprehend things, but that doesn't really affect the rest of us, hoss.

This change irritates me because we can visit Tiristfal Glades after the Battle for Lorderon and everything there is modeled out even giving the outdoor world the new walls from the scenario. They put that much effort into the Horde's area but when came to showing a destroyed Teldrassil they said screw it make it a 2d painting instead. And before someone points it out yes, I know if you try to go into the Undercity there's an AOE damage that will kill you now after the scenario but the point still stands, the horde area got all redone while the Alliance area got the shaft like usual. I'll be even more frustrated if the Arathi highlands gets neglected in a world map updates from the Warfront map changes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    you need to go back to the first first comment I quoted, because that is exactly what happened.

I know reading is hard, and just saying that someone is a fan boy masks your inability to comprehend things, but that doesn't really affect the rest of us, hoss.
    Here's the quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    better than the original 3d model that looked nothing like what teldrassil is meant to look like.
    Nowhere here it's saying that Blizzard is wrong about their game. Teldrassil, in the game, IS a stump, but it should be a tree - the original 3d model is not what Teldrassil is meant to look like. The devs recognized that it should be a tree, that's why it's one in BfA. Blizzard and the current players know that it's a tree, not a stump.

It's not even about Blizzard being right or wrong about the game - and, unlike you think so, they can be wrong about the game (Azshara's hair color controversy comes to mind) - but Teldrassil should not be a stump. I know it's hard when your favorite devs are criticized, but you need to see past the bias, and understand that the 3d Teldrassil is wrong. We are trying to make you understand this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyres View Post
    This change irritates me because we can visit Tiristfal Glades after the Battle for Lorderon and everything there is modeled out even giving the outdoor world the new walls from the scenario. They put that much effort into the Horde's area but when came to showing a destroyed Teldrassil they said screw it make it a 2d painting instead. And before someone points it out yes, I know if you try to go into the Undercity there's an AOE damage that will kill you now after the scenario but the point still stands, the horde area got all redone while the Alliance area got the shaft like usual. I'll be even more frustrated if the Arathi highlands gets neglected in a world map updates from the Warfront map changes.
    They didn't change anything on Ashenvale or Darkshore? Damn.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2018-05-16 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It probably wont get to that though. I don't think they'll throw Teldrassil away 100% like that, in the same way I don't think they'll do the same with Undercity.
    In a realistic scenario, the tree would probably be far to large to completely turn to ash anyway. The fire would just simmer out eventually, leaving the worlds biggest piece of charcoal.

I figure after they think it has burned long enough, they will rephrase in the stump, just retextured to be a charred husk of a tree with maybe a few "tiny" fires on it still for effect.

That or they will have it fall into the sea, and we'll get a Naga themed zone out of it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    That or they will have it fall into the sea, and we'll get a Naga themed zone out of it.
    It will be like a partially underwater Grizzlemaw, but with naga instead of furbolg.

YES!

It will be like a partially underwater Grizzlemaw, but with naga instead of furbolg.

YES!
    See. Potential content. With no humans involved.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyres View Post
    one is damaged
    the other is literally fucking destroyed, and there is no way they could reasonably model the whole tree turned to ash and burning without
    1. spending thousands of man hours wasted
    2. making anyone lower then top quality pc crash any time they approach it.
    3. the alliance does a full out army attack, attacking head on with EVERYTHING they have, in a full out war, so yeah the place is going to be devistated
    4. the horde attack with a small elite attack force while the alliance is distracted, allowing them to use minimal force to take out the tree.

also i find it funny that you say "horde bias the horde got an update and alliance got shafted"
    the alliance doesent even see the scenario, and its the alliance getting fucked...
    "Wow he got shot but i got stabbed!? Wow look at this bias wtf i want to be shot too!"
    This is more alliance bias then horde, not horde getting the "better remake" cause its not even a horde zone now.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-05-16 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Allifeur- View Post
    I don't think it's very useful for anyone to go into a burning Teldrassil, except if they wanted to bring back druids of the flame or something. Particle effects like fire are quite heavy for the game, so just imagine the lag in a whole zone made out of it.

Maybe they can add it back once everything got burned down, but not now that it's a giant bonfire.
    hmm.. A Land of fire.. I feel like we have been somewhere with tons of fire particle effects but I can't quite put my finger on it.. hmm.. fiery lands.. fire town... Konoha .. no.. hmm.. what was it again?

I half expected a tasteless Toy to "commemorate" the attack. Like the Theramore bomb set.

It is pretty much 100% an upgrade, honestly.

It's either you get this burnt tree in 3D or a raid tier.

your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    one is damaged
    the other is literally fucking destroyed, and there is no way they could reasonably model the whole tree turned to ash and burning without
    1. spending thousands of man hours wasted
    Well, one way of doing it reasonably inexpensively would've been to modify the existing textures to something that already exists that's more burnt. hell, reusing all those nightmare textures would've been enough.

Same thing with replacing trees etc with baked, burning trees, we have lot's of assets like that already in game.

I think the psychology behind and justification of the content is important though, would people have actually used this burnt tree for anything at all? most likely not.

..do people even currently use darnassus as it currently stands for anything? not really, it's too far out.

In my opinion - If you take a large nothing-tree and burn it to a crisp, creating a burnt-nothing-tree then nobody was going to use it ANYWAY and I don't care personally. the lore is important I guess but realistically in practice, the gameplay implementation is unjustified.

people might fly over it ONCE or watch a youtube video and say "wow...this is tragic, look what the horde did" but then they'll NEVER go back there EVER again.

..I think that although you'd really get a hatred of sylvanas from seeing all that death and destruction she wrought, that there are better ways to communicate that elsewhere in the world.

- I question why Blizzard even decided to burn the tree at all, but I guess they need to have a permanent and significant change that justifies turning sylvanas into a raid boss, and have something that makes old players say "shit, she burnt the tree?!"
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2018-05-17 at 02:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's the quote:

Nowhere here it's saying that Blizzard is wrong
    MY GUY, you can't tell someone who designed a game what their game is suppose to look like.

I know, you're like SUPER DUPER versed on the lore and you're like, totally, smarter than them, but your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. it's trying to tell them they made a mistake designing their game. Full stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    hmm.. A Land of fire.. I feel like we have been somewhere with tons of fire particle effects but I can't quite put my finger on it.. hmm.. fiery lands.. fire town... Konoha .. no.. hmm.. what was it again?
    Yes, it has his own separated map without being very massive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post

your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, one way of doing it reasonably inexpensively would've been to modify the existing textures to something that already exists that's more burnt. hell, reusing all those nightmare textures would've been enough.

Same thing with replacing trees etc with baked, burning trees, we have lot's of assets like that already in game.

I think the psychology behind and justification of the content is important though, would people have actually used this burnt tree for anything at all? most likely not.

..do people even currently use darnassus as it currently stands for anything? not really, it's too far out.

In my opinion - If you take a large nothing-tree and burn it to a crisp, creating a burnt-nothing-tree then nobody was going to use it ANYWAY and I don't care personally. the lore is important I guess but realistically in practice, the gameplay implementation is unjustified.

people might fly over it ONCE or watch a youtube video and say "wow...this is tragic, look what the horde did" but then they'll NEVER go back there EVER again.

..I think that although you'd really get a hatred of sylvanas from seeing all that death and destruction she wrought, that there are better ways to communicate that elsewhere in the world.

- I question why Blizzard even decided to burn the tree at all, but I guess they need to have a permanent and significant change that justifies turning sylvanas into a raid boss, and have something that makes old players say "shit, she burnt the tree?!"
    just updating the tree to a more burnt texture would look horrible, we have all these new updated zones, then this thing advertised as new looks like that!?
    Reusing all those nightmare textures wouldnt have been enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    allmost like BOTH places of the firelands are in their own maps, and dont literally have a whole zone on fire like darnasus would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    i dont know what i expected.. maybe that they had kept teldrassil as it was, but with smoke and fire everywhere and everything to be charred and dead.
    i certainly dont like what theyve done with it.

one thing ive always loved about wow, is that whatever i see in the distance, i can always get up close to it.. unlike this cardboard tree, and the design of argus backgrounds aswell.
    It wouldn't have the visual design they want without wasting a shit ton of resources for something that literally serves no purpose other than to fly around a dead burning tree.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    Except those are two completely separate teams. The joke is overdone. If you wanna be realistic, you could say we either get the 3D tree or one less area to quest in.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    If Porsche wants to do that, you're free to NOT LIKE IT but not say IT'S NOT A PORSCHE.
    Except Porsche isn't run by retarded asshats and actually cares about their product and its reception to those who buy their product, they *know* it's not a porsche if they do that, and sticking a badge on some piece of crap isn't good enough and so too do their buyers. The same way putting a label that says 'diamond' on a pile of dogshit doesn't make it diamond. That's the bloody point, or is reputation something beyond your ken. I guess you never get annoyed about the build quality of something that used to be decent but went to hell in the interest of 'saving money' or 'efficiency'. Then again you probably have no idea what quality is.

Let me know what confuses you most about this. Also be sure to let me know when you leave this forum to stop complaining about something you don't actively feed money into.
    What is confusing to me is you thinking you have a point. You are proving you are as dense as oceanic crust: the fact I am paying for something means I have a vested interest in it, you cretin. You seem to be confused about reality and how the mutualism between customer and company work. Any company that tells its LOYAL AND EXTANT customers 'we don't care about you, piss off if you don't want our product' will fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Like I said , Teldrassil will be turned into an appendage of N'zoth writhing in the distance to annihilate Lor'danel. As for Undercity, nothing changed beyond some damage to the walls. It was a sewer it's still a sewer and will continue to be a sewer. The Forsaken lost nothing. Sylvanas is the one who destroyed it anyway.
    Last edited by Blizzard Moneybot; 2018-05-17 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    Like I said , Teldrassil will be turned into an appendage of N'zoth writhing in the distance to annihilate Lor'danel. As for Undercity, nothing changed beyond some damage to the walls. It was a sewer it's still a sewer and will continue to be a sewer. The Forsaken lost nothing. Sylvanas is the one who destroyed it anyway.
    Apart from she totally obliterated the city with plague, so much so that it instantly kills you when you get close to it. Sure, it can be cleaned up, but the Alliance now have Lordaeron back so The Forsake did kinda lose an entire city. In saying that though, I don't think Anduin would hold it from them in the future (with Calia as their leader) due to the fact he was at the meeting with the desolate council finding ways that humans and forsaken could live together.