Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Blizzard is putting so much effort into the new weapon and armor models for Uldir (along with much of the past content that has came out). All this effort and time is being put into something that majority of players will simple transmog into something else. This kills the dignity and value that was associated behind having a complete set.

Back in classic/BC/wrath/early cata, raiding came with many rewards and one of the more essential aspects to this reward was wearing a full matching set of gear from the latest raid tier. Raids offered not only a character stat reward but also a universal cosmetic reward too. By adding transmog into the game during cata, you're essentially killing motivation for players to pursue any higher level content as someone with all greens could have any appearance he pleases. This is essentially why mythic(old heroic) participation has declined drastically.

Now transmog shouldn't be removed per say, it should simply have a variety of restrictions to it. Something like you need a piece of gear from the current raid in order to transmog that piece into a piece of gear from a previous raid as it doesn't make sense for a player who doesn't raid to have transmogged gear from a raid. There is simply no rational logic in that.
    A huge part of the player base likes the feature, many play the game for it almost exclusively. So you are about as wrong as one can possibly be.

I actully did put all my gear on in the preview window just to see what i would look like without transmogg and i'm sorry if it offends you in some way, but i really don't want to look like such a mis-matched mess, Transmogg is one of the best things that ever happent https://i.imgur.com/PIBHNR1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    Actually, can anyone tell me - Why did people rage so hard when Transmog was first added? Then suddenly, everyone loves it.. including me, obviously.
    Didn't happen. At all.

It was an incredibly well-received feature from the start. The complaints come mostly from people whom used to have certain pieces/sets that they vendored before the feature was implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I actully did put all my gear on in the preview window just to see what i would look like without transmogg and i'm sorry if it offends you in some way, but i really don't want to look like such a mis-matched mess, Transmogg is one of the best things that ever happent https://i.imgur.com/PIBHNR1.jpg
    Uhhh these remind me of a thing I did with the guild - it was No Transmog Tuesdays and we went to raid like that, transmog-free and it was hilariously awful, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh god... I'm so sorry your characters had to go through that preview window to look like that. ;_:

But yeah, no. Transmog isn't bad. This way everyone can dress up however they want, not having to deal with the next raid tier (I really don't like troll themed stuff at all. Ever.) and worst yet, mis-matching.

If ANYTHING, if Blizzard WANTS people to use the latest gear without transmogging, they better step up their game and make them look better than any other set they've made. Period.

MY EYES, THEY BURN!!!

... *ahem*
    Seeing players so well transmogged for so long almost made me forget how incredibly bad we used to look.
    Almost...

transmog is part of what is keeping this old whore alive.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    Ok.. let’s try this... if some enjoys raiding solely for the purpose of obtaining badass gear to be a show off they should quit? I mean they’re enjoying it, just for other reasons than killing bosses.

This thread is a perfect example of why it’s difficult to present a different POV of the world. People tell you to quit or assume you’re an idiot. My point is transmog makes everything white noise. No one knows what any gear means anymore because there aren’t enough people wearing the set for people to take notice.

I like transmit by the way. Just saying that the OP has somewhat of a valid argument.

I’ll be on my way now.
    Errr, that option didn't go away? Mythic raids still have unique appearances, some of which can look quite cool and unique until the expansion is over. Get a full Mythic tier and knock yourself out standing somewhere in Org/SW imagining that dozens of admirers drool over your pixels.

Then again, if you raid just for e-peen via gear, you probably won't make it far in Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Play Runescape than.
    Runescape does have transmog.

Deleted
    But your argument is invalid, in doing the super duper raid, you can transmog into items that ordinary mortals have no access to, such as Mythic apperances. You'll always be looking quite unique in the latest gear.

Even better, you can make them match, because surely you remember those times before transmog, when certain BiS wouldn't exactly match with your set because they were based on another classes' appearance, so it all works out nicely in the end.

Disliking transmog is being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian

MY EYES.

Seriously though, biggest point against the OP.

Also, transmog was my only motivation to run H Antorus so many times. Now that I have my set I'm content. If not for being able to wear cool gear, I wouldn't have put in the effort in the first place... isn't that what you're saying no one ever does anymore, OP?

Fun fact @op : The effort put into changing the colour of something is minimal, and is probably just stuff that team does while other teams are doing things like raids and quests and zones.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Unless you go into the wildie, that is.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Blizzard is putting so much effort into the new weapon and armor models for Uldir (along with much of the past content that has came out). All this effort and time is being put into something that majority of players will simple transmog into something else.
    This means that it was not as good as something else. Or it simply did not fit.
    It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I unashamedly miss that a lot actually
    Well I do get sometimes whispers from strangers that my transmog is cool, that's always something, eh?

I also got a whisper once from a stranger that my transmog is shit, told him to bugger off. :P

And nope, I don't miss the times when nearly everyone looked like mismatched clown, even raiders would have some "bis offpiece" that wouldn't match or you were in the transition between 2 different raid tiers, or god forbid you were one of the classes that didn't wear your own armor type like dps warriors in half leather or holy paladins in a mix of cloth and mail.

To quote Donald Trump, "Wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Yeah but it all looks so shitty, no one can tell.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Classic for you then. Put it on blizz design choices instead of player-choice.

Agree with realistic and simplistic gear and sets in new graphics in the future. Not all that glitters is gold.
    Easier to connect with characters this way imo.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then don't use it.

Problem solved.
    This is always a weak argument, when one argues it has an effect on a community. What the individual may choose to do has little effect on what everybody else does.