Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Blizzard isn't just blizzard, Its Activision-Blizzard and they are there every year. Hell we are getting Call of Duty on the Battle Net client so why does it surprise people if the blizzard part of the company (still the same company) shows up at E3.
    Ok the Blizzard part of the company doesn't go to e3

Happy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    While FF14 shouldn't always be used as a benchmark. It is a good example. Hell people claim the GCD is the reason it can be played with a controller but 2.5 sec even on a controller is slow. Should be 1.5 max imo.

But yeah as I said how times have changed since FF11 when Sony and Microsoft systems were playing together.
    And wow IS adding a 1.5 sec gcd...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Ok the Blizzard part of the company doesn't go to e3

Happy?
    And yet there is times they have....

Just like any other company they only go when they feel like going.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    This is where Classic WoW is only released on the PS4, just to piss you Vanilla babies off
    The recent uproar over High Elves and Masterloot would pale in comparison to the salt that would be thrown if this were to happen.

And yet there is times they have....

Just like any other company they only go when they feel like going.
    They've openly said they aren't going to e3 anymore

Also there is a battlefield 1945 on there when it's already been announced that the next installment is called battlefield 5

More evidence its fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont really know what that entails. I have a ps4. I guess if it actually comes to ps4 i might give it a try. Downside being it costs more per month because fif PS+. Most likely the connection is going to be shit aswell. You can forget about high end m+ on a ps4 thats for damn sure.
    Actuallly sony often waivs ps+ requirements ESPECIALLY for sub based games. Take ffxiv no ps+ needed

This is also a big reason ffxiv is not on the xbone since ms refuses to waiv the gold requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    They've openly said they aren't going to e3 anymore
    More evidence its fake.
    Never said it was real.

Also how many times has Activision-Blizzard said one thing and done another, That list is as long as my arm. If Activision deem's it worth the time then a blizzard product will be there.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-05-17 at 08:18 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    This is where Classic WoW is only released on the PS4, just to piss you Vanilla babies off
    That would actually be the all time biggest/best troll!

I actually hope this happens.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the first 5 minutes(i'm at work). So i see very notable differences from wow raids to this boss.

1. There was little to no movement. In the t minutes i watched i think the guy we followed had to move 2 times.
    2. His camera didnt need to be moved at all. He changed angle once or so to account for the flying gargoyle.
    3. THere was no target switching.

If this changes or this fight is not a good representation then thats fiar, but fro mwhat i saw its not comparable

Edit.

As for whats actually happening during the fight its hard for me to see since i dont know the spell effects. I dont know whats player stuff and whats boss stuff. It looks like they are pretty much clumped together most of the time and then once in a while the raid takes some damage thats instantly healed. THe difficulty of mythic raiding isnt there for me. Unless i am missing something
    You can easily cycle targets with either the dpad or a button combo that replicates tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There was a supposed leak of various E3 lineups (not just Blizzard titles) on Troupster. It included WoW on PS4 as well a Diablo IV announcement.

It didn't sound amazingly credible, but I'm not an expert in these things. OP didn't make things up, but it's still far from confirmed.

Personally, I would not be hugely surprised. With the way WoW has been going, simpler rotations, automatic voice chat, etc., it has definitely removed some previous hurdles. And D3 on consoles means it's not wholly uncharted territory for Blizz. Also, WoW would be a good fit for console players because while they are a much more casual demographic than the "traditional" WoW player, those are a dying breed at this point, and I do think WoW has become a lot more attractive in its makeup to console demographics.

That being said, it's certainly a bold move and not without its own set of problems (I doubt there'd be crossplay, for example, which could be a severe problem). About a month until we know for certain.
    i get that, but they would have to do a serious rework of the targeting system in wow for console, for healers/tanks and stuff, or they would just have to change the way heals and taunts and stuff interact.

its plausible dont get me wrong, but alas,
    i ohnestly dont think its worth the time invested for the small playerbase they would get.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    This may be a better example

But trust me its there, Just like raiding in WoW some fights are easier than others. This is a tank playing on PS4 by the way.

To add unlike WoW the raids have a time limit when your in them, If u don't clear by the time the timer is up then you fail the run. The dungeons have the same system as well.
    Yeah thats a better example. Still looks closer to heroic raiding to me. I foresee target switching for fast interrupts and the stuff being a problem especially in mythic plus with like 6-7 mobs at once where you need to quickly target a specific one for an interrupt being a problem without a mouse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You can easily cycle targets with either the dpad or a button combo that replicates tab.
    Tab targetting is not the same as quickly targetting a specific mob for an interrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    i ohnestly dont think its worth the time invested for the small playerbase they would get.
    There is 80 million PS4 unit's out in the wild, If just 1 million bought it that would be huge. Even more so when its likely WoW's current playerbase is smaller than it has been since classic.

(Don't take that comment as me saying wow is dying, I'm just saying its a old game and a lot of people have left it).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-05-17 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah thats a better example. Still looks closer to heroic raiding to me. I foresee target switching for fast interrupts and the stuff being a problem especially in mythic plus with like 6-7 mobs at once where you need to quickly target a specific one for an interrupt being a problem without a mouse

- - - Updated - - -

Tab targetting is not the same as quickly targetting a specific mob for an interrupt
    You can use the mousepad on the ps4 controller if you really must or as i said cycle VEEY fast(and you can generally know what you will target mext depending on button)

Healing is up and down on d pad btw

Unending coil of bahamut ultimate is probably a more comparable fight to WoW with Argus. It's a lot longer fight though, like 20mins long.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Unending coil of bahamut ultimate is probably a more comparable fight to WoW with Argus. It's a lot longer fight though, like 20mins long.
    Ya good example.

@Nupomaniac check out this one, as the fight goes on there is more you got to do.

Deleted
    You can use the mousepad on the ps4 controller if you really must or as i said cycle VEEY fast(and you can generally know what you will target mext depending on button)

Healing is up and down on d pad btw
    I hate the mousepad. Might just be me. Is not comparable to a mouse for me.

Anyway idk. I dont see it happening but wth do i know

Lets hope this is not true. If you think we are pruned now, imagine what they would have to do to the specs if they wanted WoW to work on a console.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Lets hope this is not true. If you think we are pruned now, imagine what they would have to do to the specs if they wanted WoW to work on a console.
    You know if you just read the last two pages you wouldn't have to post ignorant stuff like this?

Wow could have a million ability's and you can bind them to a controller just fine, FFXIV proves this. Hell there is more binds in FFXIV now then most (if not all) classes in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway idk. I dont see it happening but wth do i know
    Ya I'm not going to say its happening.

But I am 100% sure blizzard has internally tested the idea, They do have dev kits so I wouldn't be surprised. It would also give WoW a nice boost of life (IMO).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by q8crescent View Post

Since I can finally post links here it is
    https://imgur.com/a/A7IZRU0
    An Imgur link is not a source.

Watched the first 5 minutes(i'm at work). So i see very notable differences from wow raids to this boss.

1. There was little to no movement. In the t minutes i watched i think the guy we followed had to move 2 times.
    2. His camera didnt need to be moved at all. He changed angle once or so to account for the flying gargoyle.
    3. THere was no target switching.

If this changes or this fight is not a good representation then thats fiar, but fro mwhat i saw its not comparable

Edit.

As for whats actually happening during the fight its hard for me to see since i dont know the spell effects. I dont know whats player stuff and whats boss stuff. It looks like they are pretty much clumped together most of the time and then once in a while the raid takes some damage thats instantly healed. THe difficulty of mythic raiding isnt there for me. Unless i am missing something

Well I don't know about the most recent raid fights in FF XIV but I remember them being a lot more dynamic than this one. Also the hardest difficulty in XIV is kinda in between Heroic and Mythic.

Nothing compares to the Mythic+ dungeons in wow (at least not that I know of).

FF XIV has some nice end game PVE but at the time I was heavily invested in it, the biggest problem wasn't difficulty, but server LAGs. It's been resolved since then, but difficulty hasn't really gone up. I came back a few months ago for the new XPAC and was really disapointed.

Oh and it would be nice to remember that FFXIV has been thought for both PC & PS4 gameplaywise (ever thought of why you have a global 2.5s GCD? Well it's because it's easier for gamepad to chain skills since you have to press multiple buttons at once to activate a skill).

WOW in the other hand, has never been thought for another platform than PC and the gameplay wouldn't adapt as easily. I know some people already play WoW casually with a controller but I doubt they can play it ptoperly in high end content.

- - - Updated - - -

And wow IS adding a 1.5 sec gcd...
    Only for a small amount of Cooldown skills. Not EVERY skills like in FFXIV...