Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zombieland 2 With Original Cast Is On The Way, Writers Say

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/zo...source=twitter

The cult classic Zombieland, which came out in 2009, may be getting a sequel. Writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick--who wrote the original--told Vulture that a sequel with the original cast might be in theatres by October 2019 to celebrate the original's 10-year anniversary.

"We're going on the tenth anniversary of Zombieland,” Wernick said. "Zombieland came out October of 2009. We don't know what you get someone for their tenth anniversary, but it may be a Zombieland 2...with the original cast, by the way."
    Zombieland starred Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin, and Woody Harrelson, as well as Bill Murray in a wonderfully silly and morbid cameo. The movie, which was directed by Ruben Fleischer, made $102.4 million against a $23.6 million budget. It was generally well-liked by critics for its silly story and zombie-killing mayhem.

Wernick added that they will hopefully be able to share more news soon about the sequel, which will reportedly start shooting in early 2019.

"We are sitting on information that we can't entirely share at this moment," he said. "But we can just say we think fans of Zombieland who have been hoping for a Zombieland 2, that we will grant their wish very, very soon."

Wernick and Reese went on to enjoy even more success after Zombieland, as they wrote 2016's beloved and commercial smash Deadpool; they also wrote Deadpool 2.

Last year, Wernick said he was hopeful that Zombieland 2 would eventually get made, but this is the first time he and Reese are talking specifics about when it may enter production and release. A pilot for a Zombieland TV show was produced for Amazon, but it did not get picked up to a full series.
    Can't wait.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think they waited too long. Zombies are so overdone by this point that unless they do something really unique, I just don't see anyone caring anymore.

It won't be good. You can't make a funny movie after ten years, with the aging actors, and put them in a situation that feels fresh. This is going straight to YouTube Red.

Does Emma Stone need money? Thought she was pretty successful.

How are they going to top Bill Murry?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The original movie was so overrated when it was released and after years of having zombies jammed down our throats people are completely worn out on the genre.

This is gonna bomb hard

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I always enjoy zombie movies will be good to get a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    The original movie was so overrated when it was released and after years of having zombies jammed down our throats people are completely worn out on the genre.

This is gonna bomb hard
    There hasn’t really been any zombie movies in a while the last I can remeber was world war z and that was a while ago.

This is gonna bomb hard
    How many real zombie movies have come out since zombieland? I don't mean straight to dvd or syfy nonsense because you can find a million movies of every genre. What exactly has been jammed down your throat?

What like 50 people still care about this? Zombies are played the fuck out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    How many real zombie movies have come out since zombieland? I don't mean straight to dvd or syfy nonsense because you can find a million movies of every genre. What exactly has been jammed down your throat?
    You must have been sleeping through all the Walking dead shit then.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That has barely been about zombies since like season 3. If you're so burnt out on zombies because of one soap opera, that's a you problem.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The walking dead isn’t a movie.......

That was when Emma stone was in her prime, shes a beauty in that film

yes! zombieland is an awesome movie and fun to watch over and over, hope they can recapture that.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The walking dead isn’t a movie.......
    And? It has permeated pop culture, show or movie it has been part of "Zombie culture" and aided in the genres fatigue.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    And? It has permeated pop culture, show or movie it has been part of "Zombie culture" and aided in the genres fatigue.
    People don’t treat tv shows and movies the same, people who don’t have time to sit down every week to watch a show will happily go see a one off movie. Not to mention genre fatigue isn’t a thing, are you one one of thoses people who thinks every next marvel movie will fail because of super hero fatigue when they keep doing wonderfully?

People don’t treat tv shows and movies the same, people who don’t have time to sit down every week to watch a show will happily go see a one off movie. Not to mention genre fatigue isn’t a thing, are you one one of thoses people who thinks every next marvel movie will fail because of super hero fatigue when they keep doing wonderfully?
    What a load of crap! Movie or TV series its all the same it all adds to genre fatigue... and yes it is a thing. Zombies are a rather limited genre and there is only so much that can be done with that medium before it all feels.... samey.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a load of crap! Movie or TV series its all the same it all adds to genre fatigue... and yes it is a thing. Zombies are a rather limited genre and there is only so much that can be done with that medium before it all feels.... samey.
    I disagree and there really not that limited.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-05-17 at 05:57 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it's called Zombieland doesn't mean it's a movie just about zombies. Most of what made it enjoyable was centered on the cast interacting with each other.

I thought it was an okay movie and it does feel rather late but strictly calling it a zombie flick is a little disingenuous.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

People don’t treat tv shows and movies the same, people who don’t have time to sit down every week to watch a show will happily go see a one off movie.
    Agree... sometimes you want a one and done... and some series can linger well past their fresh date.
    Not to mention genre fatigue isn’t a thing, are you one one of thoses people who thinks every next marvel movie will fail because of super hero fatigue when they keep doing wonderfully?
    I disagree on this premise... genre fatigue is a thing but individual tolerance varies wildly. It's harder to pinpoint the cultural shift but it's real. Example we no longer are getting sword and sandal movies like Troy, 300, Spartacus... like we were a few years ago... or vampire movies like Underworld, Twilight, Vampires, Dracula... though for a while that's all we had on screen. Most people enjoy variety... Hollywood prefers to shovel as much sameness as possible once a genre hits it big. That leads to genre fatigue and shifts in genre trying to find the next blockbuster.

Just a thought,
    Kalium
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Agree... sometimes you want a one and done... and some series can linger well past their fresh date.

I disagree on this premise... genre fatigue is a thing but individual tolerance varies wildly. It's harder to pinpoint the cultural shift but it's real. Example we no longer are getting sword and sandal movies like Troy, 300, Spartacus... like we were a few years ago... or vampire movies like Underworld, Twilight, Vampires, Dracula... though for a while that's all we had on screen. Most people enjoy variety... Hollywood prefers to shovel as much sameness as possible once a genre hits it big. That leads to genre fatigue and shifts in genre trying to find the next blockbuster.

Just a thought,
    Kalium
    We do how ever still get vampire tv shows and the last underworld was only a few years ago. Not to mention something like twilight is a book series not something to be contuined. We have been having super hero movies for over 10 year now and there still doing amazing because there well made not because of there genre.