Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by q8crescent View Post
    A new leak from E3 showing PS4 will get a a world of warcraft version i hope they wont treat it the same way they treated diablo 3 if the leaks prove to be true

Since I can finally post links here it is
    https://imgur.com/a/A7IZRU0
    There's just one teeny tiny problem with that theory.

Blizzard are *NOT* exhibiting

As the properties mentioned are their registered trademarks it is Blizzard who dictates who reveals them. And I very very very much doubt they would allow anyone else other themselves to present a PS4 version of World of Warcraft or Diablo 4.

Here's my sources.

https://www.e3expo.com/
    Yellow 3 lines menu on the Left -> Participating Companies (Under Attending)

https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7...st.cfm?alpha=B

Does not list Blizzard Entertainment.

They are however showing up for Gamescom -

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/bliz...-gamescom-2018

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's always possible to rig and shoehorn something in a technical way.
    My point was about an UI that is actually efficient, comfortable and doesn't restrict the use of the game. A pad for WoW is not going to be as good as KB+M, and I have strong doubt it decently allows to tackle very challenging content.
    Well even if it wasn't technically as good as m+kb for some things, that doesn't mean it'd be incapable of doing a lot of high level content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Most buffs and a few others are off of it in ffxiv ya know. Remember weaving in the ogcd skills is key in ffxiv

I'm perfectly aware thanks. Doesn't take a genius to get the hang of it. But a few buffs and off GCD skills doesn't make up for the full retarded 2.5 gcd. It makes combat feels very slow especially for melee classes. And this gameplay has been thought for console first. Not the the other way around.

If you're so fond of FFXIV gameplay and availability on PS4, you can just stay there. Let the PC Master race enjoy WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Belmonkey View Post
    Well even if it wasn't technically as good as m+kb for some things, that doesn't mean it'd be incapable of doing a lot of high level content.
    So you'd be ok with a clunky game that half work, just for the sake of being on PS4? IS doing LFR high end content to you? Not even sure people could pull the necessary dps for that on console without some sort of gamepay optimization.

I'm not even gonna talk about crossplay here. This simply wouldn't work. The gap between console and PC players using addons would be tremendous (most of the raid encounters and higher PVE content is thought out by Blizz developpers with addons in mind...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Didn’t they say there are no plans for this due to technical reasons back in April?
    Yes they did.

article
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Absolutely no reason to get so aggressive mate What is it with this forum, people just jump the throat of the first guy they disagree with. What wrong with '' It works fine in FF, so it could in wow''.

How do they handle 30+ abilities with 12 or so buttons?
    Cross Hotbar system with expanded controls for that hotbar.

If you double tap L2 for example it would switch to the top hotbar. Sorry about the poor quality best I could find.

It sounds a bit awful but it's really easy to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    If you're so fond of FFXIV gameplay and availability on PS4, you can just stay there. Let the PC Master race enjoy WoW
    Hey Mr PC Master Race you do realize more player's playing WoW is better right?

Hard to call yourself the master of anything if you can't understand something so basic as that or how people can play on console just fine. WoW will come to consoles at some point, I don't see it being this gen due to how weak the CPU's hard. But next gen will likely be running Ryzen CPU's and those will be more then enough to run WoW.

If you don't think blizzard has tested it in house then I got a sea side house in ohio to sell you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm perfectly aware thanks. Doesn't take a genius to get the hang of it. But a few buffs and off GCD skills doesn't make up for the full retarded 2.5 gcd. It makes combat feels very slow especially for melee classes. And this gameplay has been thought for console first. Not the the other way around.

So you'd be ok with a clunky game that half work, just for the sake of being on PS4? IS doing LFR high end content to you? Not even sure people could pull the necessary dps for that on console without some sort of gamepay optimization.

I'm not even gonna talk about crossplay here. This simply wouldn't work. The gap between console and PC players using addons would be tremendous (most of the raid encounters and higher PVE content is thought out by Blizz developpers with addons in mind...)
    Really? Your only argument is to start the whole "HURR PC MASTER RACE" garbage.

Get some bloody perspective. FF14 is used in this example because it shows that a large amount of buttons works fine with a controller.

And what? Do you think they wouldn't rework the UI and how targeting works on the PS4 version to make it more playable? A console version for the kind of game WoW is would differ quite a bit to be accessible to that crowd. Doesn't mean the pc version has to change around it whatsoever.

And I imagine if Mythic tier players are doing Mythic on PC they would be quite capable of doing so on a console.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-17 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    So you'd be ok with a clunky game that half work, just for the sake

There's people that do high level content with controllers already. If Consoleport and / or Steam Input can lead to a well functioning game, an actual developer could make things smoother.

Only for a small amount of Cooldown skills. Not EVERY skills like in FFXIV...
    Depending on your class, most if not a majority of your skills are actually off GCD in FFXIV. This ranges from attack skills, to offensive & defensive buffs, movement abilities, CC, etc. Just depends on the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Dunno, most of the people here pile spend their time claiming "why do you care about sub numbers ?" each time the subject comes on the table

Hard to call yourself the master of anything if you can't understand something so basic as that or how people can play on console just fine. WoW will come to consoles at some point, I don't see it being this gen due to how weak the CPU's hard. But next gen will likely be running Ryzen CPU's and those will be more then enough to run WoW.

If you don't think blizzard has tested it in house then I got a sea side house in ohio to sell you.

Oh come on, can't you take a joke? Sorry if you felt offended by my bad humor.

I know full well the more the merrier, but once again I must insist that crossplay is very unlikely (due to SONY politics against addons) and that would mean very different developement teams since most of the end game content nowadays is developped with the existence of addons in mind.

Maybe things could change with the next console gen, espacially on the CPU side of things (which is very lacking atm) but the SONY third party content politics will likely never change.

Oh come on, can't you take a joke? Sorry if you felt offended by my bad humor.

I know full well the more the merrier, but once again I must insist that crossplay is very unlikely (due to SONY politics against addons) and that would mean very different developement teams since most of the end game content nowadays is developped with the existence of addons in mind.
    And yet Its Cross-Play with FFXIV even tho it has a addon. Care to admit you really don't know anything about Sony or there polices?

Hell personally I hope if it did come to a Playstation console that they did ban addon's, They have kinda turned wow into a shit hole anyway.

espacially on the CPU side of things
    Current consoles could run Wow on like medium settings at a locked 30FPS and that would be fine for a hotkey mmo like WoW.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Really? Your only argument is to start the whole "HURR PC MASTER RACE" garbage.

Get some bloody perspective. FF14 is used in this example because it shows that a large amount of buttons works fine with a controller.

And what? Do you think they wouldn't rework the UI and how targeting works on the PS4 version to make it more playable? A console version for the kind of game WoW is would differ quite a bit to be accessible to that crowd. Doesn't mean the pc version has to change around it whatsoever.

And I imagine if Mythic tier players are doing Mythic on PC they would be quite capable of doing so on a console.
    seems like I woke up the angry mob with my master race joke...

Anyways, yeah it could work with some heavy work around UX / UI and targeting but the heaviest of work would be to make the engine work on console. This is a very old engine that has been patched through the years and it's quite a mess. I remember a dev talking about this a few years back when they changed the way WoW files were packed and they adapted the client to 64bit. He was saying that the engine was a patchwork of things added over the years and that ANY small changes had the potential to BREAK everything. Long story short, even if they have cleaned things up a bit since that time, it's still an old af and I seriously doubt they have even tried to test it internally on console. Thought about it? Sure. Actually made it work? that's a whole different story here...

- - - Updated - - -

And yet Its Cross-Play with FFXIV even tho it has a addon. Care to admit you really don't know anything about Sony or there polices?

Hell personally I hope if it did come to a Playstation console that they did ban addon's, They have kinda turned wow into a shit hole anyway.

Current consoles could run Wow on like medium settings at a locked 30FPS and that would be fine for a hotkey mmo like WoW.
    Addons on FFXIV? please kind sir, point me to the magical world where they exists... they have been promised by SE since launch but the dev team has never delivered on it. Unless I missed some sort of shady thing somewhere on the darknet?

Would you play WOW on medium, locked a 30fps? I just tried it, and that's just not working for my brain. Good for you if you can satisfy yourself with mediocrity.

Banning addons? You do know that Blizzard has always promoted addons creation and use throughout the years, even going as far as making some addons functions integrated into the base game? There's been some abuses they corrected when needed, and there will always be some people trying to abuse the system, but hell, WoW without addons would just not be WoW. Developpers have embraced addons and even said that it allowed them to make some fights even better since they could imagine mechanics that addons made possible for the players to handle.

seems like I woke up the angry mob with my master race joke...

Anyways, yeah it could work with some heavy work around UX / UI and targeting but the heaviest of work would be to make the engine work on console. This is a very old engine that has been patched through the years and it's quite a mess. I remember a dev talking about this a few years back when they changed the way WoW files were packed and they adapted the client to 64bit. He was saying that the engine was a patchwork of things added over the years and that ANY small changes had the potential to BREAK everything. Long story short, even if they have cleaned things up a bit since that time, it's still an old af and I seriously doubt they have even tried to test it internally on console. Thought about it? Sure. Actually made it work? that's a whole different story here...

- - - Updated - - -

Addons on FFXIV? please kind sir, point me to the magical world where they exists... they have been promised by SE since launch but the dev team has never delivered on it. Unless I missed some sort of shady thing somewhere on the darknet?

Would you play WOW on medium, locked a 30fps? I just tried it, and that's just not working for my brain. Good for you if you can satisfy yourself with mediocrity.
    Top: Notice how I said Addon and not Addon's. There is a addon for FFXIV that Square Enix does not officially support (But won't ban u as long as ur not a dick about it) and Sony has not told them to ban it.

Bottom: If it means I can play on PS4? Yep i'm fine with that. See its smart ass comments like this
    Good for you if you can satisfy yourself with mediocrity.
    That prove your PC Master Race comment wasn't a joke and that no one should take anything you say serious.

Banning addons? You do know that Blizzard has always promoted addons creation and use throughout the years
    You do realize what these company's like the most is money right? The company is Activision-Blizzard and they give ZERO fucks on how blizzard felt before they owned them. If they see it being worth there time and profitable they will do it.

Top: Notice how I said Addon and not Addon's. There is a addon for FFXIV that Square Enix does not officially support and Sony has not told them to ban it.

Bottom: If it means I can play on PS4? Yep i'm fine with that. See its smart ass comments like this That prove your PC Master Race comment wasn't a joke and that no one should take anything you say serious.
    Are you talking about ACT? This is simply a parser to log dps/healing done and some other clonky features of debuff tracking and boss abilities. As you said it's not officially supported by SE but you can't really talk about using it In game either. As long as you don't discriminate someone for not doing enough dps / heal you can use it for your own personnal gain. So what's the point of using it if you can't really use it to tell people they're doing a bad job?

Don't get me wrong about my comment on mediocrity. I just can't stand gaming at 30fps. It really hurts my eyes and brain (and not figuratively... I get headaches and eye strain...)

I can't max out wow because of that (espacially in raid where the game has really bad performance issues) but I'm still plaing it way better than medium settings (which looks really bad on big screen...)

Yep, I'm an a..hole and probably an elitist jerk. But don't mistake my sarcasm and irony for anything else. Sorry, most people can't handle it

CBA to troll through this thread so i ask is this legit or has it been debunked so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Spathi View Post
    CBA to troll through this thread so i ask is this legit or has it been debunked so far?
    Its really nether atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It's been done many times with the PC version.. here are a guides:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2AmX-6ltH8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgvmDMBv6co
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkPs9-bJZpQ

As far as communicating with your group... you can't be serious?

You do realize that none of those Videos Showcase healing with a Controller? IIRC they all even tell that this is just 'fine' for lvling and going around (which I agree). But in no way can you Play some real endgame Content with that easily, especially not healing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    You can already play WoW with controllers. It was done years ago. I don't think input and UI would be a problem at all.
    And it's only enjoyable/possible for the most basic things. Doing anything else besides questing/leveling/pet battles with a controller is stupid.

I'd be up for a console version of WoW if id was unchanged to PC, but I can not see it happening. Probably a fake leak. E3 season is in full swing.