Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm not a big fan of Golden's work for one simple reason, she picks favourites, for a game such as WoW it doesn't serve well if you have an author who turns characters into mary sues and others into villains. I mean Sylvanas was already pretty evil already and we're probably gonna kill her Garrosh 2.0 style but the Anduin writing is terrible, the guy can literally do no wrong.

I've personally had enough of those types in the WoW novels, Thrall and Rohnin were bad enough.

I'd love to own that set

Deleted
    Spoiler alert: all that talk about complexity and ambiguity was bullshit. Sylvanas is an irredeemably evil manipulative control freak, Celia gets killed off without her character used for everything and Anduin is just an uncorrubtable fountain of goodness wise and powerful beyond his years that nobody can help to comment on. Sheesh. I've read hentai with better written characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Cue all those amazing, acknowledged, published writers lurking on MMO-C and their hatred for... well, everything.
    my hatred for making the alliance nothing but human cock sucking, and anduin the chosen one. you'd have to be an idiot to not think that's shit writing.

Can anyone give me a tl;dr?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Golden is competent.
    For the price they're charging, I expect more than "competent". I'll stop there, because I'll admit up front I'm a long time sci fi/fantasy bookworm, and I don't take the WoW books seriously, they're semi-pro fan fiction, and I don't have time for that - there are too many good books to spend my time and money on. The books to me have always been a missed opportunity, but whatever.

And using George as an example is funny - he's a massive outlier to how normal authors work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    For the price they're charging, I expect more than "competent". I'll stop there, because I'll admit up front I'm a long time sci fi/fantasy bookworm, and I don't take the WoW books seriously, they're semi-pro fan fiction, and I don't have time for that - there are too many good books to spend my time and money on. The books to me have always been a missed opportunity, but whatever.

And using George as an example is funny - he's a massive outlier to how normal authors work.
    Oh, that was less an example, more me venting frustration.

God how sad so many of you are, I am fairly sure even if the book was the best thing ever written you'd still come here to bash it and complain. I personally always enjoyed her books, guess I am able to enjoy things.

Kinda funny to see people's responses to the factions. I see some that say Horde looks like the bad guys again (though they seldom really are, more an individual) but that's AWESOME, as an Alliance player I am incredibly tired of the whole "tiihii we defend and we are heroes" vibe the faction is 100% locked into. So it really depends on what you want. Horde has way more free writing - just look at the post-Argus cinematics where one side gets a boring heroic speech and the other gets an interesting dinner scene; however, some probably find the reverse interesting if they actually want a heroic faction or whatever.

So it's an interesting dynamic within the player on top of the underlying faction dynamics, I think. You have the people that want red v blue, or just many colours at once. Anyway, i think there is some cause for Alliance members to rethink the alliance if this expansion proceeds as hinted. Looking at the Night elves mainly. I don't think it will happen for game mechanics but still. Also, I admit i am still looking for a reason why Anduin is high king - the Alliance is not a monarchy.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=284452.9...ilers#comments

There seems to be even more pages. Keep in mind that the order is messed up.

Uhm... few months ago there was a tweet from Alex Afrasiabi saying Kalec and Jaina broke up. I see they changed their minds on that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    ..i think there is some cause for Alliance members to rethink the alliance if this expansion proceeds as hinted. Looking at the Night elves mainly.
    As a nightelf I've already been rethinking all the way since I heard Teldrassil is gonna burn.

Not that I have any idea of what you are actually refering to, but I am gonna assume it has something to do with my concerns, since I'm a nightelf fed up with my faction atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    As a nightelf I've already been rethinking all the way since I heard Teldrassil is gonna burn.

Not that I have any idea of what you are actually refering to, but I am gonna assume it has something to do with my concerns, since I'm a nightelf fed up with my faction atm.
    Pssst, you are a human being.
    Or a relatively-sophisticated AI script.
    Or a dolphin with some accessibility assistance.
    IDK, but not a night elf.

But like where did Uldum go tho?

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    Pssst, you are a human being.
    Or a relatively-sophisticated AI script.
    Or a dolphin with some accessibility assistance.
    IDK, but not a night elf.
    What if were Night Elves, but with human AI script?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    No, it is not good. It is supremely sub-par writing. Anyone over the age of 14 should be able to recognize this fact.

And yes, reading her books makes my eyes bleed.
    You don't get to her position in the writing community by being sub-par lol

not bad I do agree they did some pretty good work on that armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    You don't get to her position in the writing community by being sub-par lol
    I find most fantasy to be on this level. I find Christie's writing to be representative of most fantasy being published commercially these days. Is any contemporary fantasy comparable to real literature? Sci fi is genre, but I find much better writing present in sci fi novels. Even GRRM's prose is pretty woeful. His worldbuilding makes up for it, and the suspense of waiting 84 years between novels, but his "she brushed her hair 3990 times until it shone" level of prose is cringeworthy.