Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kul'Tiran Aquatic Form

Right to the point: You mean to tell me that the aquatic form for the Kul'tiran is not an octopus? Not only would it make sense for a maritime society to have a more intricate aquatic form, but it also make sense given the old god influence on the society.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...AquaForm01.jpg (for the image of the current form direction)

This seems like a lost opportunity. An octopus with tentacles that mirror that witch-esque wood would look incredible. Honestly, anything distinct would have been nice given the role water plays in the Kul'Tiran society. This is essentially a more round version of the original form, with tusks.
    Last edited by Ohmega; 2018-05-17 at 12:18 PM.

I don't know about that but i like how the Kul'Tiran Aquatic Form is.

Well, the Drust Magic users that are Kultiran Druids and the Old God worshipping Sea Priests seem to be two separate groups, it's only natural that all Kultiran Druid form look Drust-y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Well, the Drust Magic users that are Kultiran Druids and the Old God worshipping Sea Priests seem to be two separate groups, it's only natural that all Kultiran Druid form look Drust-y.
    Pretty much this. New datamined text explains that the Kul-Tiran Druids ise a form of Drust magic from what is possibly a Drust that did not participate in the war between the two races in ye olden days; e.g. there were Drust that simply mingled into Kul-Tiran society.

Here's a link to the entire datamined bit:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=284450/b...st-druid-magic

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Pretty much this. New datamined text explains that the Kul-Tiran Druids ise a form of Drust magic from what is possibly a Drust that did not participate in the war between the two races in ye olden days; e.g. there were Drust that simply mingled into Kul-Tiran society.

Here's a link to the entire datamined bit:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=284450/b...st-druid-magic
    You can't have a "Drust-y" octopus? To me, this seemed so obvious for the aquatic form that I wasn't even expecting anything less.

It should be a whale considering how fat they are.

I think the current one is pretty awesome looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Enchant View Post
    I think the current one is pretty awesome looking.
    It is definitely better than the original, but "awesome"? If I decide to go with the skinny Kul'Tiran model, I am going to go into my aquatic form and assume a the form of a manatee (a fat, round, sea-dwelling creature) with tusks? A creature like an octopus makes more sense from this standpoint as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmega View Post
    Right to the point: You mean to tell me that the aquatic form for the Kul'tiran is not an octopus? Not only would it make sense for a maritime society to have a more intricate aquatic form, but it also make sense given the old god influence on the society.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...AquaForm01.jpg (for the image of the current form direction)

This seems like a lost opportunity. An octopus with tentacles that mirror that witch-esque wood would look incredible. Honestly, anything distinct would have been nice given the role water plays in the Kul'Tiran society. This is essentially a more round version of the original form, with tusks.
    Maybe this, and its other variants, are just the basic taught aquatic form and has nothing actually to do about the general culture but the nature of the spellweavers?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Maybe this, and its other variants, are just the basic taught aquatic form and has nothing actually to do about the general culture but the nature of the spellweavers?
    If that is the case, I would love to hear the lore behind the seal-esque creature that is the current aquatic form.

Either way, if we are getting a dolphin glyph, maybe they could add an octopus glyph? Seems timely and would be incredible to venture through all of the new bodies of water in such a form.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that is the case, I would love to hear the lore behind the seal-esque creature that is the current aquatic form.

Either way, if we are getting a dolphin glyph, maybe they could add an octopus glyph? Seems timely and would be incredible to venture through all of the new bodies of water in such a form.
    The glyph could be a possibility. And by lore, that would most likely lie under the existence of adapting to where you are. The current form, is by old quests, granted by the being of druidism. In the past, you had quests for for the shapeshifting forms after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The glyph could be a possibility. And by lore, that would most likely lie under the existence of adapting to where you are. The current form, is by old quests, granted by the being of druidism. In the past, you had quests for for the shapeshifting forms after all.
    If they are adding a dolphin glyph, why not do an octopus? The dolphin doesn't make any real sense, after-all.

I tried looking around for some lore concerning the aquatic form and its foundation and there is little to nothing to be found. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

- - - Updated - - -

Before they released the model for the Kul'Tiran, I was expecting an octopus or Hippo for the Kul'Tiran and a croc for Zandalari. Given how new and varied the new druid forms are for these races, I find it odd that the aquatic form looks so close to the original.

Kul Tiras is an island nation that is inexplicably like Scandinavia in climate despite being almost nearly at Azeroth's equator. You don't think they know what walruses are?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are adding a dolphin glyph, why not do an octopus? The dolphin doesn't make any real sense, after-all.

I tried looking around for some lore concerning the aquatic form and its foundation and there is little to nothing to be found. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

- - - Updated - - -

Before they released the model for the Kul'Tiran, I was expecting an octopus or Hippo for the Kul'Tiran and a croc for Zandalari. Given how new and varied the new druid forms are for these races, I find it odd that the aquatic form looks so close to the original.
    But the Dolphin DOES make sense. We are technically having waters with them. As well, an octopus could happen for the future. And no, I would never expect a hippo or croc due to the past of the spell.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Aquatic_Form_quest_chain

Is basically the quests, and within them, it explains your form as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Kul Tiras is an island nation that is inexplicably like Scandinavia in climate despite being almost nearly at Azeroth's equator. You don't think they know what walruses are?
    Sea lion hybrid.

I am not sure, but people in beta could shed light on the prevalence of walrus in that area as a counter-point.

- - - Updated - - -

But the Dolphin DOES make sense. We are technically having waters with them. As well, an octopus could happen for the future. And no, I would never expect a hippo or croc due to the past of the spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Sea lion hybrid.
    So to you, any sea-inhabiting creature would work as long as it is distinctly of the sea?

no old lore applies to either kultiran or zandalari druid, blizzard straight up said they're not druids in the same sense that the current druid races are.

i think the form's ok. if drust are connected to vrykul, a walrus is definitely fitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no old lore applies to either kultiran or zandalari druid, blizzard straight up said they're not druids in the same sense that the current druid races are.

i think the form's ok. if drust are connected to vrykul, a walrus is definitely fitting.
    Hence I had added in a previous comment

- - - Updated - - -

So to you, any sea-inhabiting creature would work as long as it is distinctly of the sea?
    Well, one would imagine them to fit where they belong to be taught.

Hence I had added in a previous comment

- - - Updated - - -

Well, one would imagine them to fit where they belong to be taught.
    Right, so the octopus makes even more sense, right? The prevalence of tentacles alone seems to be a reason to head in that direction.

Either way, I think we can agree that the current form doesn't mirror the sea life currently found in BFA, right? Can someone in beta shed light on this?

As well, an octopus could happen for the future.
    I kind of doubt this. We already have two "octopus" aquatic mounts, and things with tentacles are pretty explicitly Old-God related.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure, but people in beta could shed light on the prevalence of walrus in that area as a counter-point.
    Not much of a counter argument when there are no aquatic mammals at all in WoW outside of orcas and... swim form has been a seal since it was introduced.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I kind of doubt this. We already have two "octopus" aquatic mounts, and things with tentacles are pretty explicitly Old-God related.

- - - Updated - - -

Not much of a counter argument when there are no aquatic mammals at all in WoW outside of orcas and... swim form has been a seal since it was introduced.
    Which is precisely why the Kul'Tiran and Zandalari are prime candidates for out-of-the-box forms. Using the seal base just seems like a phone-in approach, imo.

Also, aren't both of those races some of the oldest in all of Azeroth? Kul'Tiran druids are descendants of Vrykul, right?
    Last edited by Ohmega; 2018-05-17 at 01:57 PM.