Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Apart from she totally obliterated the city with plague, so much so that it instantly kills you when you get close to it. Sure, it can be cleaned up, but the Alliance now have Lordaeron back so The Forsake did kinda lose an entire city. In saying that though, I don't think Anduin would hold it from them in the future (with Calia as their leader) due to the fact he was at the meeting with the desolate council finding ways that humans and forsaken could live together.
    And they are all dead(er) or something.

As for Undercity... this basically sums up the 'destruction of Undercity'
    https://youtu.be/aVjWkkEJkZs
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    And they are all dead(er) or something.

As for Undercity... this basically sums up the 'destruction of Undercity'
    https://youtu.be/aVjWkkEJkZs
    looool. but really though, even has Horde players (including Undead) you have to wear a gas mask to get through it when you're fighting outside Undercity.

Clearly it's only a model.

looks better than a tree stump from 2004

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The now-plagued ruins of Lordaeron are sitting literally in the middle of the zone, can be approached from all sides, and can be seen from the air. The burning tree stump is sitting on a forlorn islet way off to the side of Darkshore and is only ever seen from one relative angle. How deluded does one need to be to think that they would fully model and texture something like that? But no its gotta be "muh-horde bias!".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    MY GUY, you can't tell someone who designed a game what their game is suppose to look like.

I know, you're like SUPER DUPER versed on the lore and you're like, totally, smarter than them, but your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. it's trying to tell them they made a mistake designing their game. Full stop.
    Oh the audacity of some folks! Blizzard can do no wrong!

Trying to tell the devs they made a mistake designing their game not only is a correct thing to do, but also supported by the devs. Every artist can be criticized, and once you meet an artist, you'll see that this type of profissional likes positive and negative critics (that are well-made).

Teldrassil's status as a stump has been noted by playerbase and other devs a long time ago, and it was a mistake made by technical limitations. So yes, the current Tree in BfA is more accurate

But it seens that you are ok with lore and game discrepancies in a RPG. Let's replace all the Stormwind Lions for Cows, just because. Devs can't do mistakes designing their game, correct?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Greatly prefer this over the grey rock it was before. What's the point of going there anyway after this? It's literally going to be a heap of coal.

Well I'm pretty sure Blizzard has plans for both Hyjal and Undercity. Maybe not in 8.1 but pretty sure there'll be something around 8.3.

For now, LET IT BUUUUUUUURN =D

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post

Trying to tell the devs they made a mistake designing their game not only is a correct thing to do, but also supported by the devs. Every artist can be criticized, and once you meet an artist, you'll see that this type of profissional likes positive and negative critics (that are well-made).

Teldrassil's status as a stump has been noted by playerbase and other devs a long time ago, and it was a mistake made by technical limitations. So yes, the current Tree in BfA is more accurate

But it seens that you are ok with lore and game discrepancies in a RPG. Let's replace all the Stormwind Lions for Cows, just because. Devs can't do mistakes designing their game, correct?
    If it makes you feel better, they clearly are only responding to you bc they don't know when to stop. They don't even have an argument. They entirely misunderstood you and are too embarrassed to suggest as such. Let their cries fall flat on the now burnt stump of Teldrassil.

wait.. i haven't tried but you can't even get there in BFA? i would have thought it would be a charred husk or something but still able to travel to it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    Except Porsche isn't run by retarded asshats and actually cares about their product and its reception to those who buy their product, they *know* it's not a porsche if they do that, and sticking a badge on some piece of crap isn't good enough and so too do their buyers. The same way putting a label that says 'diamond' on a pile of dogshit doesn't make it diamond. That's the bloody point, or is reputation something beyond your ken. I guess you never get annoyed about the build quality of something that used to be decent but went to hell in the interest of 'saving money' or 'efficiency'. Then again you probably have no idea what quality is.
    So, all of that rhetoric, hyperbole, and TOTALLY ADULT LEVEL DISCOURSE shows that you understand my viewpoint is right, you're just disappointed with the execution.

Be disappointed all you want, just like the rest of the complainers on the forums are want to do, but again, it doesn't make them wrong about their product. Glad to have helped you walk through it, feel free to cancel your sub anytime.

I get your point but actually doing it would take too many development hours away from the game.
    We humans have to stick together

7+ Year Old Account

Again, you don't understand my point, but that's ok!

I don't think what Blizzard did OR didn't do is right\wrong. A model for a zone I'll truthfully be in one time, unless the expansion takes us back, doesn't make or break the game for me.

I'm also not telling you that you can't personally be sad that it doesn't live up to your expectations, I realize that this is a forum, and for many of you this game is all you've got.

I AM telling you though, that you can't tell Blizzard they're wrong about their game.

Let me know where you get lost baby bird, I'll feed ya.

I expect Teldrassil will be revived at some point. The place desperately needed a face lift, but they learned in Cata that it's not worth half-assing low level zones that players barely spend a couple of hours total playing, so they're working it into an expansion long arc so they can get some max level payoff from it as well.

With level scaling, they can now make a Suramar-like max level campaign that also doubles down, at least in part, as the new starting zone quests for a certain race. I expect Quel'thalas and the Azuremyst Isles will get this treatment as well, with new quest chains developing the Blood vs Void Elf conflict and the integration of the Lightforged into Draenei society. Before, you would have had to roll an alt or waste some time in a lowbie zone to experience this content, but now they can "force" you to do it on your main as part of the War Campaign. It's brilliant, really. I would be very surprised if they don't make use of this.

I think it's been pretty clearly demonstrated by egeszsegere that the 2D model doesn't work well in a 3D environment from certain angles. It should be a 3D model akin to what we saw in the trailers.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    I AM telling you though, that you can't tell Blizzard they're wrong about their game.
    Honey, they won't give you a beta key for professional boot-licking. Blizzard can be wrong about their game, and the players can (and should) tell the devs when they are wrong. It's called feedback, look it up. Happens all the time, even in Blizzcons. Otherwise, Falstad would've been dead.

Hopefully someday you'll recognize that pushing your argument - that you know it's wrong, don't fake it - is not a good way to interact in the internet. This is getting on youtube-comment levels. Seriously? "you can't tell Blizzard they're wrong about their game."? Please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    If it makes you feel better, they clearly are only responding to you bc they don't know when to stop. They don't even have an argument. They entirely misunderstood you and are too embarrassed to suggest as such. Let their cries fall flat on the now burnt stump of Teldrassil.
    Thanks. But it also makes me disappointed. Someone shouldn't be posting in a discussion forum without an argument D:

Deleted
    I'm glaad, that they decided to do something about it. It was some kind of nightmare.

Who came up with the idea that, making zone on tree is already possible in those times? 12 years ago? Seriously?

7+ Year Old Account
    Honey, they won't give you a beta key for professional boot-licking. Blizzard can be wrong about their game, and the players can (and should) tell the devs when they are wrong. It's called feedback, look it up. Happens all the time, even in Blizzcons. Otherwise, Falstad would've been dead.
    its honestly been amazing how many of you can ban together and be wrong at the same time.

Feedback is how you feel.

If blizz wants to design their tree this way, they can't be wrong about it..you can not like it, but that doesn't mean they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    If Stormwind repair time is any indication (or the bridge in Redridge), then three expansions at least.
    Stratholme is burning to this day.. there is alot more wood in that tree than there is in a normal city.. so I expect for another 30 ingame years, give or take 20.

Edit:
    I liked the old version better tbh. Yes it does not look like it is supposed to look, but that is every ingame city in a nutshell. Dalaran is a pathetic market square at best, not a city, it wouldn't even count for a village where I'm from, at best a settlement. The stump was covered with trees and stuff, so it sold at least the fantasy of being nature like and all that,.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-05-19 at 08:02 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    So if we want to visit Teldrassil in the coming years, it's going to be possible in WoW Classic only?

In BfA it's just a 2D background? Damn, that place was where I first logged into WoW back in Vanilla....
    You talk to Zidormi she is over in Darkshore, talk to her and you will get an option to be sent to a Pre BfA version of Darkshore and Teldrassil.. Same with Undercity, Lorderon, Brill and surrounding areas..

- - - Updated - - -

You can visit it through the lame magic of phasing, but why bother
    It is needed for those who roll a Night Elf toon, as their start zone is still in the tree..