Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like this.

Will Blizzard give refunds since they're selling it through their storefront? Or will they try to wash their hands with it like they tried with Destiny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But how does it affect you just being there out of curiosity?

I mean you aren't spending any money and you clearly don't want to buy them. I don't get it.
    It does affect people that play WoW for example because it inflates the game's currency.

"washed up"

WW2 made over a billion in sales by the end of 2017.

I mean sure I fucking hate CoD but it's still a very successful franchise.
    They worded it poorly; the earlier Call of Duty games (the ones before Modern Warfare or whatever) were liked by a lot more players than now, and they have very different business practices IIRC. I didn't play them then, but I also had nothing against them back then. Times have changed.

Just because they are popular and making money, doesn't mean that the franchise isn't dead to a lot of people that it wasn't dead to previously. I'm fortunate enough to have never invested into it to begin with.*

*: To reiterate on that, my brief time playing it that I mentioned earlier was well after it made this transition into complete shit; I was coaxed into playing it by some of my closer friends who unfortunately happen to have extremely bad taste in games these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryci View Post
    They should not allow to purchase it via tokens to be honest... they basically sink wow gold into a game that is not even part of warcraft at all.
    You mean like... StarCraft? Diablo?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    They worded it poorly; the earlier Call of Duty games (the ones before Modern Warfare or whatever) were liked by a lot more players than now, and they have very different business practices IIRC. I didn't play them then, but I also had nothing against them back then. Times have changed.

Just because they are popular and making money, doesn't mean that the franchise isn't dead to a lot of people that it wasn't dead to previously. I'm fortunate enough to have never invested into it to begin with.*

*: To reiterate on that, my brief time playing it that I mentioned earlier was well after it made this transition into complete shit; I was coaxed into playing it by some of my closer friends who unfortunately happen to have extremely bad taste in games these days.
    I disagree personally.

As I said I'm not fond of CoD personally but if it's making half a billion dollars still within 3 days of launch that's hardly a dead franchise.

I was referring to N Sane Trilogy. I don't think it actually has online play other than time trials being uploaded. I guess that's probably the reason it's not on there.

I don't see Activision putting any older games on the app personally. Just newer ones. Although if it's Destiny and CoD I'll just ignore them after Destiny 2.
    Oh I can ignore them, but not if they announce every DLC and 'expansion' that these awful franchises have in all of my battle.net games' pages. At least Blizzard has the courtesy of separating the games under Blizzard and Activision, even if they don't give us the courtesy of hiding their icons so I can pretend this shit doesn't exist.

Deleted
    We were told that Destiny 2 is hosted on Battle net just because they were asked to and alot of Blizzard developers were for it because they love Destiny 1 and that this is an exception. That no other non Blizzard game would find its way to Battle net. Looks like the developers are also huge fans of the new Call of Duty, sure would explain World of Warcraft PvP balance recently.

Oh I can ignore them, but not if they announce every DLC and 'expansion' that these awful franchises have in all of my battle.net games' pages. At least Blizzard has the courtesy of separating the games under Blizzard and Activision, even if they don't give us the courtesy of hiding their icons so I can pretend this shit doesn't exist.
    Meh I'll just ignore it. Not like it's bothering me just being there personally. Got better games I can spend my money on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Spoiler. It's most likely a re-skinned version of the last CoD.
    Which is what most people say at the reveal of each new CoD that comes around. And to some degree, yes. Does it affect me and my enjoyment of the game? Nope. But I suppose that's true for most games, like WoW. Each expansion could be said to be nothing but a re-skinned version of the previous, and that's fine for me as well. However, with what was stated during the reveal stream, most of the stuff in this particular CoD seem to point the otherway. They've reworked how all weapons, recoils and models work.

As well as added a whole new depth to the graphical and CPU usage of the game with support for HDR, 4K support, uncapped framerate, a much better FoV. The list goes on. And I'm hyped af at this point. I have always loved the movement system and 'feel' of CoD games, the combat system etc. So to play Black Out and enjoy Battle Royal games with those movements, and that combat system, is just perfect for me.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    All the arguments against this new edition of shovel-ware can also be applied to wow. You're just money to be had in their eyes and always will be. Turn it off and go outside.

Ugh, blizzard / Activision are horrible publishers. They should just sell through steam and use the bliz launcher as a patcher.

Man shit I was gunna buy a bunch of tokens yesterday to get some more gametime but forgot RIP... hopefully after it spikes it goes back down again like it did after destiny 2 became available for preorder..

I disagree personally.

As I said I'm not fond of CoD personally but if it's making half a billion dollars still within 3 days of launch that's hardly a dead franchise.
    I'm not calling it a dead franchise, I'm saying that it's dead to a lot of the people that liked the franchise in its younger days. I'm not sure how that's hard to confuse. Unfortunately, it remains successful because there are a lot of players with relatively bad taste in FPS, but that's neither here nor there. Its monetary success has little to do with whether or not it retains the same core playerbase it started with.

This isn't any different for Blizzard, either... how many people who started playing Diablo and Diablo 2 still play in Diablo 3? Not all of them, certainly. Same for early players of World of Warcraft and current ones, or even Starcraft vs Starcraft 2. The difference in these cases though, are that those games aren't really bad, they just are different and don't appeal to the same audience. Activision on the other hand regularly manipulates its audiences to profit as much as possible, and it's truly disturbing to see their hands on Blizzard franchises doing the same thing.

There's a reason why people are upset about seeing CoD on the launcher, it's more about the fact that Activision continues to impact Blizzard negatively and will only get worse, than "omg CoD is on the launcher now". I'm just sayin'. It's a sign of Activision's continued negative influence on Blizzard and a sign of worse days yet to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    This feels gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Man shit I was gunna buy a bunch of tokens yesterday to get some more gametime but forgot RIP... hopefully after it spikes it goes back down again like it did after destiny 2 became available for preorder..
    It was literally just announced. It will take at least a day for it to really spike badly. If you want to buy tokens, better do it ASAP.

It was literally just announced. It will take at least a day for it to really spike badly. If you want to buy tokens, better do it ASAP.
    So of course, this was JUST ANNOUNCED, and all NA tokens are gone..

Tried 4 different servers, 3 Alliance and 1 Horde, all different, and they are all sold out... A-freakin'-mazing...

I tried to buy at 208k but there was none available I guess they have some now at 210k... actually just checked again none available atm ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    All the arguments against this new edition of shovel-ware can also be applied to wow. You're just money to be had in their eyes and always will be. Turn it off and go outside.
    Blizzard makes an effort to create quality content, Activision literally recycles the same concept on a yearly basis. Absolutely nothing in Call of Duty can be applied to WoW except that both are games designed to make money (like almost every game in existence), and unfortunately, both now share the same launcher.

But don't let me get in the way of your condescending attitude telling people to 'turn off their PC and go outside' while trolling on an online message board.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wait.... there was a Black Ops 3?

At any rate, this isn't remotely surprising given Destiny 2's precedent.