Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Just so you know: 5 million gold isn't much. If they keep flooding the game with 0 effort gold-sources like they do now, the token price will reach 7-digits (even on US) in BFA. There is just too much gold in the economy. No goldsink will ever get rid of that.
    token is reaching new highs not because there is more gold, but because there are way way less token than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping there is a brutosaur with no vendors for a single rider that costs significantly less gold.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Is this a flying mount??, cause if it is i am totally in to buy it!!
    Does that look like it can fly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I'm hoping there is a brutosaur with no vendors for a single rider that costs significantly less gold.
    Well, they did that with the first vendor mount (Mammoths), and they did it with the Yak mount... so I think they likely will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    current price of a token is around 200,000. Whats 200000 x 25? ............................
    you still dont want to do the actual maths here to realize its gonna be way below 500usd as token prices will rise? ok sorry then

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    token is reaching new highs not because there is more gold, but because there are way way less token than before.
    heres the thing - token is in this wierd spot when it offeing to much gold to be interesting as subscription model anymore and to little gold as to being interesting to buy shit in game - once it hits 1 mln gold more people will buy it without doubt.

im personally swapping back to paying with $ for sub in BfA because the time needed to farm 350-400k even passively is not worth 15 $ in my eyes. rather have that gold for battle net ballance for shit like new mounts/blizzcon tickets new games not sub .

10+ Year Old Account
    ...but can you still reach the mailbox while mounted? Dealbreaker!!! :-P

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    heres the thing - token is in this wierd spot when it offeing to much gold to be interesting as subscription model anymore and to little gold as to being interesting to buy shit in game - once it hits 1 mln gold more people will buy it without doubt.
    That's exactly the sign the token is in the correct spot of equilibrium. If it was "omg so much gold" people would throw $$$ at it and price would drop. If it was "omg so cheap I can get free bnet balance for 0 effort" people would just buy it all out and price will rise.

Atm token only sells out during big additions to bnet like BFA expansion, destiny 2 or COD now, but stays "sold out" for about 1 day then goes back to standard fluctuation, steadily growing in price over time because game just keeps giving gold.

For majority of people token is exactly that - something they don't touch because they don't need in game gold desperately nor do they have problems affording normal sub.

The token market mostly covers the end margins, on one side whale goldbuyers, on the other side big AH players and gold farmers.

Maybe in 5 expansions the inflation will go so much forward that indeed 5 million will be price of one token, for now people can dream but won't happen. In the same manner as f2p wow won't happen (tokens so cheap everyone can get them with 0 effort).

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Cant to buy it 5min after i ding 120
    Why wait that long? As soon as you have set up your embassy in Zuldazar you can go down to the harbour (the vendor is literally around the corner from a small quest hub anyway) and get it.

P.s. You're Alliance, nevermind. Haven't played that yet. I'm sure the Alliance vendor will also be accessible before 120 though.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2018-05-18 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I very much doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I very much doubt that will happen.
    There's precedent for it though, tbh. As others pointed out, there are single rider mammoths and yaks in the game.

Either way, I'm planning on using now until BfA to try to make 5mil gold, but if a single rider version appears, I will probably not buy the 5mil one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Meh! it's another mount that is MASSIVE! unless they scale it down some. you will rarely use it outside of selling stuff ect. Not to mention IMO mounts have lost their prestige considering how mounts seems to fall from the sky in wow now.
    ... Suggesting that a vendor Horse and a 5 million gold mount, or a 100% Mythic boss mount, are on the same level simply because they're mounts is hilarious.

No, mounts have not lost their prestige among people whom care about them. In fact, the higher up one gets in collecting, the harder each mount becomes to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Realfleks View Post
    you still dont want to do the actual maths here to realize its gonna be way below 500usd as token prices will rise? ok sorry then
    So you can look into the future? Yeah, token prices will *probably* rise but why do you talk about "actual math" without knowing how much, if at all, they rise is beyond me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So you can look into the future? Yeah, token prices will *probably* rise but why do you talk about "actual math" without knowing how much, if at all, they rise is beyond me.
    if you think knowing that tokenprice rises with an expansion is looking into the future then theres no point to discuss.
    its a fact that the mount wont be 500usd via tokens as soon as bfa drops - thats just how tokens interact with the gold inflationmess that we call world of warcraft.

then again you can make the 5mil within a week so i dont really see why one would spend money
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-05-18 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    ... Suggesting that a vendor Horse and a 5 million gold mount, or a 100% Mythic boss mount, are on the same level simply because they're mounts is hilarious.

No, mounts have not lost their prestige among people whom care about them. In fact, the higher up one gets in collecting, the harder each mount becomes to obtain.
    Not sure what server you play on but 100% mythic boss mounts are the same considering they too can be had for a price.

Not sure what server you play on but 100% mythic boss mounts are the same considering they too can be had for a price.
    Yeah 5 million spent on mythic boost for mount or on BMAH mount or on auctioneer dino is still 5 millions spent and shows your wealth and dedication to make that gold, while buying a standard horse from elwynn forest (or wolf from durotar) doesn't show anything, everyone has it.

I think the dino is so big exactly to stand out, what's the point of throwing 5 millions on a mount if you can't show it off?

... So in your bright mind, a Bugatti is the same thing as a Nissan Versa, since both can be had for a price...?

I don't adhere to such mental gymnastics, so I'll disagree with your statement that a 8 million Mythic boss mount, is the same exact thing as the 1 gold Chestnut Mare.

Imagine getting a raid spot because you have this mount xD

... So in your bright mind, a Bugatti is the same thing as a Nissan Versa, since both can be had for a price...?

I don't adhere to such mental gymnastics, so I'll disagree with your statement that a 8 million Mythic boss mount, is the same exact thing as the 1 gold Chestnut Mare.
    So in your bright mind, gold is something that is hard to come by in this game. Here is a clue, IT'S NOT! 8million gold at one point was a lot, it isn't anymore.

So in your bright mind, gold is something that is hard to come by in this game. Here is a clue, IT'S NOT! 8million gold at one point was a lot, it isn't anymore.
    Sorry hun, but it is a lot of gold. I say this as someone sitting on 30 million gold. To earn 8 million, I have to either buckle down and really play the AH, or wait a considerable time for my more static gold flow to get up to such figures.
    5 million gold, is a lot of gold and is worth hundreds of euros in token costs.
    And in any case, I sure hope your bright mind is still capable of telling the difference between a 1 gold horse that everyone owns by the time they reach level 20, and a mount from the latest Mythic content that'll soon become a 1% drop which will take years before people can easily solo the place.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry hun, but it is a lot of gold. I say this as someone sitting on 30 million gold. To earn 8 million, I have to either buckle down and really play the AH, or wait a considerable time for my more static gold flow to get up to such figures.
    5 million gold, is a lot of gold and is worth hundreds of euros in token costs.
    And in any case, I sure hope your bright mind is still capable of telling the difference between a 1 gold horse that everyone owns by the time they reach level 20, and a mount from the latest Mythic content that'll soon become a 1% drop which will take years before people can easily solo the place.

But I'm not holding my breath.
    There are guides online that can help you make more gold if you are having trouble.