Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Jail is no place for a DDoS'er, he should have been banned from using the internet and any devices that use online for 2 years with community service.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I mean, welcome to you in this entire thread.

Anyway, it's clear you know your views are just pig ignorant considering you're just picking at every little thing (related or not). Also, it's not exactly a "tort offense" when it can be considered a federal offence. It was illegal, he knew it was illegal, everyone knows it's illegal and thus he's in prison for it. However, I believe he should have been presented with serving it in his own country rather than a foreign one. (p.s. it's a good job you apparently have a better job, car, life than me considering you can't even spell a basic word such as offence multiple times correctly - try not to be so ironic telling people they're at a primary school level when you can't spell basic words. "check your lipstick before you come for me")
    No kidding. At least you aren't getting the career poster angle tied into abuse against people victims of the Nazi's routine over some script kiddie going up town for a year for being a criminal. But hey, he is tough as nails. But to keep it on subject the way this kid ruins services for others is a horrible crime. He deserves what he got. I mean some people blame Blizzard for falling under attack instead of the attacker is just stupid talking stupid. I am glad some people like you are around to make sense of things. But watch out you might become edge lord career poster mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Jail is no place for a DDoS'er, he should have been banned from using the internet and any devices that use online for 2 years with community service.
    It depends. I mean you could DDoS certain places and services that could lead to serious damage or loss of life. Certainly not at Blizzard of course. But it walks that line of ruining profits and reputations. Putting people in the big house deters that a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Criocore View Post
    well, you get what you deserve
    Couldn't agree more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabyt3 View Post
    Finally some justice, good to see that this is taken seriously
    I agree completely.

life ruined but a good message to send

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This is a kid or an adult? If the former, this is ridiculous. If the latter, well...did Romania just extradited her own citizen for attacking a fucking game server? What a third world shit hole.
    maybe do some research?
    blizzard for 7 months
    other companies like trying to hack a companies bank account
    hes 38
    and yeah "attacking a fucking game server" a game server that hosted 12 million people at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Yeah and how do they EVER enforce that?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    maybe do some research?
    blizzard for 7 months
    hes 38
    and yeah "attacking a fucking game server" a game server that hosted 12 million people at that time.
    Maybe I am smart enough do not waste my time over things I do not enjoy doing, including researching for an ultimately irrelevant verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Seems a bit fucked to me. Getting extradited to a US jail over this? I mean he's an idiot and deserves some punishment but this seems a bit harsh.
    Extradition to the US and jail time in the US is what I have a problem with, too.
    That is cruel and unusual punishment.

Computers are other people's property.
    Preventing the use of a property and messing with other people's businesses is a crime.
    There is no controversy about that.

Very difficult to defend the Romanian guy given the inconvenience to players and the protracted period of the attacks involved.

What disturbs me in this type of thread is the way large numbers of people identify and become protective of a multinational billion-dollar corporation which, to say, the least , has done many ethically questionable things.

The hate and reflexive authoritarianism is also saddening.

Finally, I can't see any justification for the extradition request, it was a crime committed in europe against european servers. This sort of thing is making the US very unpopular. It is not like Romanian jails are a soft touch or anything.

the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

With time off for good behavior, he could be eligible for parole in 3-4 months. Just about long enough for him to figure out he doesn't want to do this again. Hopefully.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

This is why you don't do dumb crap that you know you shouldn't be doing. It's all fun and games till you gotta face the heat.

Can't say I feel even a bit of sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    With time off for good behavior, he could be eligible for parole in 3-4 months. Just about long enough for him to figure out he doesn't want to do this again. Hopefully.
    Yup and people also have this misconception that he is going to a level 5 max security prison with the worse of the worse. Odds are he will go to a level 1 or 2 and spend half of his day picking up trash on the side of the road and eating roman noddles without his asshole being touched or getting shanked.

Like you said 3-4 months if he is keeps his head down and doesn't start shit. Maybe 6 months to a year of probation after that. Not saying 3-4 months is easy at all but that is why you don't do shit like this.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2018-05-16 at 02:18 PM.

Glad to see he got jail time ^^

This thread has some pretty bitter people who think they are highly intelligent and successful when they are not. He broke the law, period.
    Last edited by ryan11d7; 2018-05-17 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosensation View Post
    Glad to see he got jail time ^^
    why?
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    maybe do some research?
    blizzard for 7 months
    hes 38

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and how do they EVER enforce that?
    They do, one of the kids friends got in trouble online for something, and he wasn't able to get on the net for 1 year, couldn't have a computer, game console, or a smart phone and they put monitoring software on the home devices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It depends. I mean you could DDoS certain places and services that could lead to serious damage or loss of life. Certainly not at Blizzard of course. But it walks that line of ruining profits and reputations. Putting people in the big house deters that a lot.
    Yeah, but he didn't ddos a hospital, or anything like that, a company lost business over it, honestly he should have had to pay a percentage back and do community service.

Jail and prison doesn't do anyone any good, usually makes them worse people than before.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    this is ridiculous
    now the guy will probably come out with hiv or hanghimself cause of a stupid joke
    People like you are why there's so many shitheads out there doing things shitheads would do without any sort of punishment/scare for doing it. The man-child will be just fine when he's out of prison. The sentence serves as message to other tards like him.

Less annoyances to society = a happy society.

Deleted
    should go for more years in jail