Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because politics has finally hit the point where it's more about saying "FUCK YOU" to the other side rather than actual policy. Misleading news, fake political posts swarming social media etc. People are uninformed and emotional versus educated and responsible. Who would have thought all of this information and knowledge at our fingertips would just be wasted.

Personally, I like to think we're getting better, it's just the fringe sides getting the headlines because that's what makes for good stories.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

People should eat more tacos

Ever seen someone piss off in anger while eating tacos ?
    Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post

Never.
    I have gotten angry when eating tacos that have onions WHEN I SPECIFICALLY ORDER THEM WITH NO ONIONS GAWDAMMIT.

HGNJLDGHWYIW

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I have gotten angry when eating tacos that have onions WHEN I SPECIFICALLY ORDER THEM WITH NO ONIONS GAWDAMMIT.

HGNJLDGHWYIW
    I get angry because I drop half the filling when trying to eat them. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Standard of living has gone down for the first time in US history.
    Source please, I would like to know more about this
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

HGNJLDGHWYIW

Now i'm angry , Gawd dammit,
    I'm going to have that Stelio Kontos song in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I get angry because I drop half the filling when trying to eat them. xD
    That's annoying too.

Deleted
    Because politics today is all about us vs them.

And the internet didn't do humanity any favours either, spreading mis-information and feeding people news that they would be better of not knowing.

Now i'm angry , Gawd dammit,
    I'm going to have that Stelio Kontos song in my head.
    Embrace it, let it flow through you, use it to go whoop someone's ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all this taco related stress Tuesdays must be very difficult for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    It seems like after the election hatred and anger has increased. What has changed in our society to allow such a thing to happen? What should we do to put America on the path to happiness?
    Another low quality thread from you.

Who's angry? I'm Liberal and am not upset about the election. In my travels I don't generally come across angry people.

It seems like after the election hatred and anger has increased. What has changed in our society to allow such a thing to happen? What should we do to put America on the path to happiness?

Pay people a fucking living wage.

Stop making our laws and policies designed to favor a small number of super rich businesses and MAKE THE HUGE MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANIES PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE IN TAXES.
    Twas brillig

Money. Slow demise of the great middle class. First generation that will be worse off than their parents. Unemployment near all time lows but only the ultra rich have recovered from the great recession while the general population continues to go downhill. It's the kind of trend that leads to the election of people like Trump. And it will get worse regardless of which party wins next.

I'm not angry either. However, I am disappointed in many of you and your views on public policy.

Some of you come across like you want to find some isolated place and just be on your own away from civilization. Well, don't let us delay you. GTFO. The rest of us are trying to create a social structure that serves everyone and not just an elite few.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I'm not angry either. However, I am disappointed in many of you and your views on public policy.

Some of you come across like you want to find some isolated place and just be on your own away from civilization. Well, don't let us delay you. GTFO. The rest of us are trying to create a social structure that serves everyone and not just an elite few.
    Who cares if you're disappointed though?

While I was reading, I came across this quote which seemed rather appropriate for the general theme of this thread:

“Men will not accept truth at the hands of their enemies, and truth is seldom offered to them by their friends”
    I think this tendency is easily exploited by some, and takes effort to rise above. If people wish to conquer their anger based what I mentioned in my previous post, it requires an open mind to construct rational outcomes versus devolving to emotional instinct.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-05-18 at 07:48 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Never.
    Haha good point

Identity politics and idiots.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

It hasn't noticeably in my opinion. Look at NY and LA in the 70's and 80's, de facto failed states.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Pay people a fucking living wage.

Stop making our laws and policies designed to favor a small number of super rich businesses and MAKE THE HUGE MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANIES PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE IN TAXES.
    You have to work somewhere other than Burger King or McDonalds if you want a living wage.

Low skilled job = low wages

High skilled job = high wages

Amazingly simple concept yet so many people fail to understand it.