Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slanik View Post
    You should read the preview. They still see Calia as a leader, they just see sylvanas as more but with the actions she takes may push them more to Calia.
    I did read it...Well, some of it... I found it absoloutely horrendous and didn't read all of it. I did fight myself through the "Meeting" chapter and nowhere as far as I'm aware did golden explain why the forsaken - or the desolate council - would view Calia as a leader. Or even as a contender to the current "throne". All there is, is her name and that's it. Also if we're going by the "medieval power structure" argument, they also knew how to hold a grudge, entire families were slaughtered and killed because the missdeeds of one person, all over the world, it was common. The name Menethil by all regards should be a shitstain on forsaken culture, but apperantly it is not, and I bet if Arthas came back as a living lightforged human, he'd get the full support of the forsaken with Anduin behind him.

Also the entire Horde plot feels like it only exist to further develop Anduin,Calia,Genn and the rest of the Alliance, the horde leaders did and said nothing, acting like mindless drones, we get no insight on their thoughts, except for one. And she keeps on rambling about being the first female warchief and how good it is if everyone is misserable. This is only a "preview"(a big fucking preview) and hopefully we missed many important aspects, but I seriously doubt it when it comes to Blizzard and Golden. Neither of them knows how to write a intruiging story

She technically lost all rights to Lordaeron the moment Sylvanas' arrow smoked her on that field. Any undead's claim on the land of the living is enforced and proped up only through sheer force.

If we were to argue otherwise, then the Lich King(Arthas) was the rightful ruler of those lands.

The name Menethel is not a stain to them. They made a monument for their fallen king, you know king Terenas Menethel. Those who have attachments to the kingdom itself of course are going to recognize the monarchy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    She technically lost all rights to Lordaeron the moment Sylvanas' arrow smoked her on that field. Any undead's claim on the land of the living is enforced and proped up only through sheer force.

If we were to argue otherwise, then the Lich King(Arthas) was the rightful ruler of those lands.
    Not really. Arthas was a Kinslayer, joined a faction Lordaeron was in war with and murdered the former head of state. He probably lost his claim once he openly murdered his King and therefore commited high treason.

Deleted
    Yeah, she's going to take over it seems and being doing so restoring peace at the end of BfA no doubt.

But not before we punch Sylvanas in the boobs in the final raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Thank you. Seems Blizzard really went off the cliff with this one. Jesus ...
    They gotta throw something to justify the "grey" area they are trying to portray in this way. FYI there isn't a grey area and this is just stupid writing. Calia trying to convince the forsaken to join the alliance gives Sylvanus justification to start a war lmao
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Well, they can not allow the Forsaken to switch faction, so my guess, introducing holly dead might be good choice.

I just really hope, if so, that they are not going to look neither exactly like humans, nor forsaken. I'm already tired and disappointed by death knights looking so similar to the living.

Holy undead? Blizzard is breaking all cheesiness breakpoints. They're effectively turning warcraft into a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Frezko View Post
    Void Blood Elf,Holy Forsaken what next ? Fel Tauren ? Arcane Orc ?
    Holy Orcs already a thing, you know

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's obviously heading this way. I don' really see Sylvanas fit in post-war world.

But this "light" undead thing is very strange. They could let Sylvanas resurrect Calia "normal" (Valkyr) way, she would have free will (and could take leadership from Sylvanas) anyway. Maybe it's excuse for future undead paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by BlasphemousBeardedOwl View Post
    I did read it...Well, some of it... I found it absoloutely horrendous and didn't read all of it. I did fight myself through the "Meeting" chapter and nowhere as far as I'm aware did golden explain why the forsaken - or the desolate council - would view Calia as a leader. Or even as a contender to the current "throne". All there is, is her name and that's it. Also if we're going by the "medieval power structure" argument, they also knew how to hold a grudge, entire families were slaughtered and killed because the missdeeds of one person, all over the world, it was common. The name Menethil by all regards should be a shitstain on forsaken culture, but apperantly it is not, and I bet if Arthas came back as a living lightforged human, he'd get the full support of the forsaken with Anduin behind him.

Also the entire Horde plot feels like it only exist to further develop Anduin,Calia,Genn and the rest of the Alliance, the horde leaders did and said nothing, acting like mindless drones, we get no insight on their thoughts, except for one. And she keeps on rambling about being the first female warchief and how good it is if everyone is misserable. This is only a "preview"(a big fucking preview) and hopefully we missed many important aspects, but I seriously doubt it when it comes to Blizzard and Golden. Neither of them knows how to write a intruiging story
    The family name, Menethil, is still one of greatness for the people of Lordaeon. They had great line of kings from what we are told. The name that is spited is Arthas. That is all they call him by (aside from the Lich King). They would not follow him again. But his older sister? Probably. And if she too is undead...almost certainly....those that still consider themselves part of Lordaeron more so than the Horde anyway. Or those that will follow Sylvanas back to the grave, like Nathanos.

Some of the Forsaken in the Beta let of the cry "For Lordaeron" still.

Calia is too friendly with the Alliance and Anduin personally that she'd become the leader of a faction that will never leave the Horde. I don't think the Alliance would get an undead race either, since it would blur faction lines further (DKs are random adventurers, their actual faction is neutral).

I find more probable that some Forsaken will leave the Horde to join Calia and together they'll either form a new non-playable neutral faction or join a pre-existing one. Otherwise I feel Calia will be connected to the eventual large scale in-universe revelation that Light isn't actually all that benevolent.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Forsaken will leave the Eastern Kingdoms. Follow Sylvanas and remain with the Horde.

However, there will be those that remain, both living and undead, of the people of Lordaeron. Those would be the ones that attempt to rebuild in the wake of the war.
    They are not Forsaken...for they are accepted once more. They are something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    very strange
    Am I really the only one here, who follows carefully other fantasy universes as well?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathl...s_%26_Dragons)

An interesting theory, but there is not a lot that really supports it yet. Calia is not forsaken. Forsaken don't even have Lordaeron anymore.

If anything, I'd argue Nathanos is being built up to become leader of the Forsaken given how much work they've poured into his character... and I am not saying that because I want him to be, rather because I'm worried about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Calia is too friendly with the Alliance and Anduin personally that she'd become the leader of a faction that will never leave the Horde. I don't think the Alliance would get an undead race either, since it would blur faction lines further (DKs are random adventurers, their actual faction is neutral).

I find more probable that some Forsaken will leave the Horde to join Calia and together they'll either form a new non-playable neutral faction or join a pre-existing one. Otherwise I feel Calia will be connected to the eventual large scale in-universe revelation that Light isn't actually all that benevolent.
    Calia never wanted to be a leader in the first place; that's been clear for a while. I doubt she'll be leading anyone, myself.

Nathanos > Calia

Also i think they made her this "holy undead" just to increase her power...they did it with alleria eating the void and nathanos being an undead plus, seems like they like to develop only strong characters
    Last edited by lordsesho; 2018-05-18 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Alright so apperantly the forsaken still adores and respect the name that caused them all their suffering, and turned them into slaves. I can accept that. Afterall it was Arthas' fault. The weakness and corruption Arthas had can't possibly exist within Calia aswell so be it. But still Calia have done next to nothing to them all this time, there is literally zero reasons for the forsaken to abandon Sylvanas and follow Calia all because she decided to show up after a few decades, and even less of a reason to join the alliance - if the alliances would even accept them back after all the bad blood between them. This entire narrative looks like a giant shitstorm

Deleted
    Well, before now i thought Voss, but seeing what happened in the book, Calia seems to be the logical solution.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-05-18 at 03:28 PM.

Well, if anything this goes well together with the dialogue between Sylvanas and Nathanos about the Desolate Council - IIRC the line was somewhat like "You (Sylvanas) gave them freedom/free will, and now they are free to choose".

Is this maybe referred to this episode? Sylvanas choices in the Battle for Lordaeron may have been good for the Horde as a force, but some of the forsaken may still be very tied to their homeland and are not really supporting the idea of making it a blight-filled plagueland.

Also is too "convenient" to have Calia Menethil, last heir of the Lordaeron Throne, try to convince those undead (the Desolate Council, am i getting that right?) to join Alliance and then die together with them AND ressed as a "holy undead".

My idea based on what we know: Battle for Lordaeron ends with no winners - Horde flees but Lordaeron is lost. Calia and Anduin with the power of light manage to get rid of the blight and to ress the undead that died as holy undead (what a bad choice of words here), recovering the city for the Alliance, making even more likely the dicotomy EK = Ally/Kalimdor = Horde and opening up for a new Allied Race.

Yes, it's speculation by a long shot but premises seem to point towards something on the line. You don't "waste" a character like Calia as a "holy undead" for nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    They won't join the alliance for obvious gameplay reasons, but she sure is better than the queen who murders her own subjects and only wants to use them.

Sylvanas is not gonna survive BfA, and they will need someone to lead them. Who better than the legitimate ruler who died for them?
    Can you list the gameplay reasons? not an attack, just wanting to know in detail if i missed something that makes my theory unsustainable. Also i don't think we will see Sylvanas dead - shit will hit the fan way before the Alliance VS Horde conflict gets resolved in any way.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Calia is unfit to rule the forsaken, heck she would be worse than voss and that is saying something. She is way too naive and soft, she only interacted with the most tame forsaken, but most of them are bitter vile beasts, she wouldn't last a month in that snake pit.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-05-18 at 03:55 PM.