Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    After checking some previous races that i liked to play as, the Jinyu's variations and armors are acctualy pretty amazing to work as an allied race, now the gender issue or the hozen thing they can surely find solutions for that. It's not that they have to 100% make hozen playable just because Jinyu are and it's not that hard to make females for this race if it is necessary to have 2 genders. And there is a lot of potential for their story especially now maybe the Jinyu can have a Leviathan-type god that is against the Naga.

Those look updated from what I remember... is it an artist rendition? Also I don't remember the Jinyu model being able to support gear. Although they are based off the night elf model. I'd def like to see them playable. They need females though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    A lot of fish don't have sexual dimorphism anyways, they could just use those for the females, too. Fish really don't need boobs, thanks.
    I mean... neither to pandas, cows, or wolves. but ya know... Arrokoa seem to be the only race that is confirmed to not have sexual dimorphism. And they're from another planet. I don't think Murlocs have even been confirmed. If they are lacking sexual dimorphism then I supposed the evolved/mutated ones might? But like when you look at humans. Proto homonids didn't have constantly inflated breast tissue either.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Jinyu make sense in terms of themes and the general feel of them for Alliance. Only thing that might be against them is the skeleton they use(Night Elves). I mean if they could tweak them to be slightly different I'm ok with that). If the Horde equiv of them is Hozen. It might be jarring at first for the Horde but I think ppl got over it in Mist.
    Considering that void elf = blood elf in terms of skeleton, highmountain tauren = tauren and nightborne use the NE skeleton, I don't think the skeleton argument for against actually works anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Considering that void elf = blood elf in terms of skeleton, highmountain tauren = tauren and nightborne use the NE skeleton, I don't think the skeleton argument for against actually works anymore.
    Never mind Lightforged Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarf, Mag'har Orc. all of whom use other race's skeleton with some minor tweaks. I think of all the allied races, Zandalari are the only ones who are new.

They'd likely make changes to the skin and animations to make them more in line with the other allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    How are Jinyu bad?
    Ignore WoWKnight65, the only races he care about are High elfs and Wildhammer dwarfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Never mind Lightforged Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarf, Mag'har Orc. all of whom use other race's skeleton with some minor tweaks. I think of all the allied races, Zandalari are the only ones who are new.

They'd likely make changes to the skin and animations to make them more in line with the other allied races.
    Actually, it would be the Kul'tirans, the Zandalari also use the Night elf skeleton.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    I would absolutely love the jinyu as an allied race, especially as a counterpart to the hozen. I feel like it would fulfill the "murloc fantasy" people have wanted, but more practical and easier to implement. I really enjoyed them in MoP; I thought they looked cool and wise and I loved their architecture. Also, they use night elf animations which increases their chances of them being made playable. All they need is some customization options and a female model, then we're good. We already have an idea of what classes they could be. We have enough background to know what their hub, mount and heritage armor could be, too. I'm all for it and hope they're added in the future.
    Lies and heresy! The only thing that will fulfill the Murloc fantasy is Murlocs! MRRWRLGGLRWRRRWWLLGL!

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope not! Not playing with a fish!

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I hope not! Not playing with a fish!
    If I have to play with your shitty shoe horned elves you can play with my fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinyu Waterspeaker View Post
    Honestly, they would have actually been a million times better than fucking void elves.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinyu Waterspeaker View Post
    ... Is that a euphemism?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'd personally hate for an Alliance allied race slot to go to Jinyu. I like the idea of a humanoid with the features of certain sea creatures but the Jinyu are just bloated fish faces placed on a humanoid body and they are just plain ugly from my perspective.

Step 1: Roll and orangish looking Jinyu hunter.

Step 2: Name it Ackbar

Step 3: Get the Bloodsail Admiral title.

Step 4: Make a macro so that every time you put a trap down your character yells "IT'S A TRAP!!!"

/winning

Deleted
    I'm very surprised, that they are so popular. More popular than Furbolgs for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Question is, if Jinyu becomes playable, will they make a female counter-part like they did with the Worgen, or will they get the same treatment as the Chua did in Wildstar where the gender was up to each player?

Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    A lot of fish don't have sexual dimorphism anyways, they could just use those for the females, too. Fish really don't need boobs, thanks.
    Pretty easy just to go with different skin patterns for male and female. Maybe size differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I'd personally hate for an Alliance allied race slot to go to Jinyu. I like the idea of a humanoid with the features of certain sea creatures but the Jinyu are just bloated fish faces placed on a humanoid body and they are just plain ugly from my perspective.
    We just got two new elf races, and potentially two more on the way. Not every new race needs to be sexy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    After checking some previous races that i liked to play as, the Jinyu's variations and armors are acctualy pretty amazing to work as an allied race, now the gender issue or the hozen thing they can surely find solutions for that.
    That's only because their model is literally the same as the Nightelf but with a fishhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That's only because their model is literally the same as the Nightelf but with a fishhead.

Which fits the pattern of all the other allied races.