Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I really like the sound of these changes and am difinitely lookiong forward to playing with them. The only thing that puzzles me, is that Pestilence and Defile are on the same row. I find them to be way too similar in function and their potential synergy too tasty for them to share a talent row. Switching Pestilence with Unholy Blight might be more interesting.

Deleted
    Will miss the baseline WW, but maybe there is a chance for DA buffs.

looking forward to all the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilissandros View Post
    I really like the sound of these changes and am difinitely lookiong forward to playing with them. The only thing that puzzles me, is that Pestilence and Defile are on the same row. I find them to be way too similar in function and their potential synergy too tasty for them to share a talent row. Switching Pestilence with Unholy Blight might be more interesting.
    They should make pestilente apply like 3 wounds in area on a 45 sec cd or something that solves everything. The other 2 being sustained aoe and that being a bursty aoe.

Is the Dark Arbiter thing working for anyone else? I've spoken to the Class trainer and selected the dialogue option, but I still have the gargoyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    They should make pestilente apply like 3 wounds in area on a 45 sec cd or something that solves everything. The other 2 being sustained aoe and that being a bursty aoe.
    would prefer if they just removed Pestilence, add the wound generation to defile with lowered DnD CD but no additional dmg (does the same dmg as normal dnd).

and in its place

Scourge of Worlds
    Requires Death Knight (Unholy)
    Requires level 90

Your Scourge Strikes and Clawing Shadows cause Virulent Eruption instantly on the target. Virulent Eruptions radius increased to 10 yrds and deals 8% additional damage.

Now you can choose between an AoE RP Spender in Epidemic, More frequent use of DnD with some random wound procs with Defile, or have your SS/CS now deal some cleave dmg via Virulent Eruption (secondary affect of our disease).

And i think Designing an AoE Tier without any single target use always seems odd, make Epidemic more single target dmg effecient then baseline death coil, allow Defile to apply wounds and make SS trigger Virulent eruption more frequently, you now have an AoE Tier with slight single target gains so its never a dead tier on a fight like Garothi, Kingaroth,Varimathras, Aggramar, Argus, Coven, Fel hounds and Imonar (damn alot of single target bosses in ABT)

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Is the Dark Arbiter thing working for anyone else? I've spoken to the Class trainer and selected the dialogue option, but I still have the gargoyle.
    it works. the trainer was at the top where the training dummy's are. the icon doesn't change but it'll summon the valkyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    it works. the trainer was at the top where the training dummy's are. the icon doesn't change but it'll summon the valkyrie.
    Yeah it worked for me now, I found that I had clicked it twice so it turned it back into Gargoyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    would prefer if they just removed Pestilence, add the wound generation to defile with lowered DnD CD but no additional dmg (does the same dmg as normal dnd).

and in its place

Scourge of Worlds
    Requires Death Knight (Unholy)
    Requires level 90

Your Scourge Strikes and Clawing Shadows cause Virulent Eruption instantly on the target. Virulent Eruptions radius increased to 10 yrds and deals 8% additional damage.

Now you can choose between an AoE RP Spender in Epidemic, More frequent use of DnD with some random wound procs with Defile, or have your SS/CS now deal some cleave dmg via Virulent Eruption (secondary affect of our disease).

And i think Designing an AoE Tier without any single target use always seems odd, make Epidemic more single target dmg effecient then baseline death coil, allow Defile to apply wounds and make SS trigger Virulent eruption more frequently, you now have an AoE Tier with slight single target gains so its never a dead tier on a fight like Garothi, Kingaroth,Varimathras, Aggramar, Argus, Coven, Fel hounds and Imonar (damn alot of single target bosses in ABT)
    That would still make dnd part of the ST rotation and the damage in aoe would be too good.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2018-05-17 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    That would still make dnd part of the ST rotation and the damage in aoe would be too good.
    my changes would make all 3 talents single target options, and then its up tot he playerbase which one they want to use, if you dont want to use DnD in single target then pick epidemic or Scourge of worlds, all 3 offer single target dmg buffs on top of there AoE design.

my changes would make all 3 talents single target options, and then its up tot he playerbase which one they want to use, if you dont want to use DnD in single target then pick epidemic or Scourge of worlds, all 3 offer single target dmg buffs on top of there AoE design.
    I think it is harder for Blizzard to balance 3 AOE talents if they also affect single target dmg. I guess as long as our overall single target dps is good, not all talents have to affect it. If balancing gets easier for Blizzard so we can get some more viable options, I will be happy.

Right now I’m sick and tired of my unholy dk because I’m forced to play with Dark Arbiter. And I actually like Dark Arbiter but not ALL the time. Soul Reaper is just not a viable option for mythic raiding and I’m not sure why Blizzard can’t just buff it.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-05-17 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I think it is harder for Blizzard to balance 3 AOE talents if they also affect single target dmg. I guess as long as our overall single target dps is good, not all talents have to affect it. If balancing gets easier for Blizzard so we can get some more viable options, I will be happy.

Right now I’m sick and tired of my unholy dk because I’m forced to play with Dark Arbiter. And I actually like Dark Arbiter but not ALL the time. Soul Reaper is just not a viable option for mythic raiding and I’m not sure why Blizzard can’t just buff it.
    then you run into a Dead Talent Tier for alot of arenas, Raid bosses and fresh lvling (fresh lvling is for new players who want walk into BFA at 975-980 ilvl and just mass pull like a tank would while lvling) . Because along with being pure single target bosses, there are also single target fights with so little cleave/AoE that you simply dont bother speccing for it (for melee atleast).

then you run into a Dead Talent Tier for alot of arenas, Raid bosses and fresh lvling (fresh lvling is for new players who want walk into BFA at 975-980 ilvl and just mass pull like a tank would while lvling) . Because along with being pure single target bosses, there are also single target fights with so little cleave/AoE that you simply dont bother speccing for it (for melee atleast).
    I personally don't really see that being an issue in of it self. If one of the talents had a bit more of a single target focus you would basically always choose that one except for very few specialized encounters. Not that it's really different now anyways one of the talents will end up being more useful in more situations, and we will pick that one, and just switch it out when we get to one of the specialized situations.

Honestly I dislike the talent system overall for the most part for just that reason. They just have no real impact on raid fights or world questing or even PVP to a certain degree. You pick the right talent and go based on what you are doing based on the scenario. In a raid you just click on a book and switch based on the fight (even this is fairly rare).

I don't really have a suggestion for something better, it just the way talents are right now just seem like artificial barriers, but not really. Perhaps if they had tiers of talents that impact game play more into a easy/normal/hard way to play the class, but also gave you a greater risk vs reward depending on the difficulty let you choose it could be more interesting, but of course even that way has it's issues too.

Sorry fairly rambly post, just trying to express that I dislike the talent system and wish it where more indepth and more interesting.

That row was suposed to be pure aoe, blizz already stated that when they nerfed Defile when it was doing more damage than a SS+Wound. Also other classes have talent rows that only affects aoe, not every talent row must have a ST option, blizz already said that they dont want players going back and forth switching talents for every fight.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2018-05-17 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I personally don't really see that being an issue in of it self. If one of the talents had a bit more of a single target focus you would basically always choose that one except for very few specialized encounters. Not that it's really different now anyways one of the talents will end up being more useful in more situations, and we will pick that one, and just switch it out when we get to one of the specialized situations.

Honestly I dislike the talent system overall for the most part for just that reason. They just have no real impact on raid fights or world questing or even PVP to a certain degree. You pick the right talent and go based on what you are doing based on the scenario. In a raid you just click on a book and switch based on the fight (even this is fairly rare).

I don't really have a suggestion for something better, it just the way talents are right now just seem like artificial barriers, but not really. Perhaps if they had tiers of talents that impact game play more into a easy/normal/hard way to play the class, but also gave you a greater risk vs reward depending on the difficulty let you choose it could be more interesting, but of course even that way has it's issues too.

Sorry fairly rambly post, just trying to express that I dislike the talent system and wish it where more indepth and more interesting.
    not a rambly post at all this is supposed to be a free exchange of ideas and thoughts AND it lengthier post makes for a quicker work day
    @Kendros If thats how you feel about the tier design imma hold you to it, i dont wanna see you in 8 months complaining about this down the road.

personally i think our best designed talents are bursting sores and Ebon Fever, you never feel bad or off for selecting either because there just useful all the time.

But if we have a talent row where all 3 talents are pure AOE and we assume we already enough abilities to have an interesting single-target rotation, then we have enough for all the single target fights and we don't have to respec for the fights with AOE. Of course pure AOE talents wont be used in Arenas, but given we have the additional PVP talents I think it is okay to miss one tier. Keeping the AOE talents purely AOE will make it easier for Blizzard to balance and we have a higher chance of having 3 viable talents and not just one "100% go to" talent. Of course one will always be the best, but the other 2 options don't have to be garbage in comparison
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-05-17 at 05:55 PM.

not a rambly post at all this is supposed to be a free exchange of ideas and thoughts AND it lengthier post makes for a quicker work day
    @Kendros If thats how you feel about the tier design imma hold you to it, i dont wanna see you in 8 months complaining about this down the road.

personally i think our best designed talents are bursting sores and Ebon Fever, you never feel bad or off for selecting either because there just useful all the time.
    Its not really how i feel its what blizz said on many blue posts, also i dont really care about having one single row that has no efect on ST as long in general our ST is good compared to other classes, and the choices on that row are all balanced. Like right now on live our sustained dps is kinda crappy.

i just hope i win the giveaway

- - - Updated - - -

I just want a beta key