Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    If they really wanted they could've added WoW to consoles (and if it really made sense), but they didn't... I remember that there was some heated discussion about a possible Xbox 360 release 10 years ago and the discussion died and nothing happened.

Either way, the thing about WoW is that it just isn't FFXIV (which is a terrible game btw) and Blizzard would need to put some serious work into this and possibly completely scrap/redesign certain aspects/game design of the game (which will affect PC Players => companies don't want to put up the Risk of alienating their userbase) in order for that to work.

And yes, I've used Console Port too and I realized that it sucks in endgame content and is just 'ok' for questing (didn't "immerse" me as much as Bellular wants me to).
    Xbox will never happen unless Microsoft drop the "Xbox only servers" mantra or requiring gold on top of a WoW sub.

And considering you can't even play F2P stuff on XB1 without a gold sub I find it highly unlikely they would let WoW on without requiring the Gold sub. As for 360 I somehow doubt WoW would have ran well on that personally back then.

As for one game being worse than the other. Highly subjective. I enjoy both personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think the thing some of us are having a hard time imagining is doing this quickly. When I heal I quickly move from one target to the next and cast any one of several spells. If I'm responsible for, say, the tanks? Eh, that would be easy. But if I'm covering a bunch of a raid and there's damage among different people and some need big heals, others need a HoT... that feels like it could be harder on a controller. But then I don't have a PS4 so... maybe not.

What I wouldn't want to see is encounter design altered to make this easier for PS4 people so that they don't have to deal with fast target switching, etc... but the only place that could really be a concern is healing. DPS would be straightforward and I imagine tanking would be too.
    I doubt encounter design would suffer.

As for healing on PS4. Basically you just have to get used to d pad targeting. It gets easier over time as someone who heals with a White Mage on PS4 and PC using a controller.

It does sound a bit daunting in intensive environments but it's very easy to get used to from personal experience.

Can we get a megathread on the "WoW console" leak stuff please? We simply don't need general flooded with more of this nonsense.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Stop posting this nonsense. Consoles have supported keyboards for years.
    Yep. I remember PSO on my Dreamcast with that godawful keyboard that would die whenever it felt like it because I ended up picking the one in the store that was faulty.

Luckily store refunded it and gave me a new one and Crazy Taxi for free so I wasn't complaining back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Didn't they release an updated Voice Chat function in BattleNet App recently? (Or at least in the Beta version?).
    Yes, and BFA got built in voice chat as well. For parties and instances. When you join or create a group a popup in the corner comes up and asks if you want to join party voice chat and when you join an instance a similar popup comes up asking if you want to join instance voice chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    easy with the edges buddy. try to understand that some people mean to say one thing, but something completely different comes out. clearly they meant to say, "text-to-speech improves" in fact English may not have even been their native language, and this is the closest facsimile they could assert into the forum.
    If only there was a way you could communicate without using text.

There are many different reasons why wow will never go console. Yours are not on that list. Ffx14 manages just fine on pc and consoles.

Raid bosses and raids would just be tuned down to lfr levels.

wow is not a console game..

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Xbox will never happen unless Microsoft drop the "Xbox only servers" mantra or requiring gold on top of a WoW sub.

And considering you can't even play F2P stuff on XB1 without a gold sub I find it highly unlikely they would let WoW on without requiring the Gold sub.
    MS does actually allow cross-play with other platforms/services (PC vs XBOX, Steam vs MS), Sony does not. And the PS4 online multiplayer also requires PS Plus.

I don't know what you mean with "F2P stuff" and what it has to do with Xbox Gold... either way, WoW is not F2P anyways.

As for 360 I somehow doubt WoW would have ran well on that personally back then.
    It would've though. The Hardware was easily capable to handle WoW TBC and Wotlk.

As for one game being worse than the other. Highly subjective. I enjoy both personally.
    irrelevant

I generally don't get your quotations as my whole point wasn't about Xbox vs PS4, but there u go.
    Anyways, this console discussion will be over in 1-2 weeks.

Does OP know, like, they have keyboards for consoles?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    MS does actually allow cross-play with other platforms/services (PC vs XBOX, Steam vs MS), Sony does not. And the PS4 online multiplayer also requires PS Plus.

I don't know what you mean with "F2P stuff" and what it has to do with Xbox Gold... either way, WoW is not F2P anyways.

It would've though. The Hardware was easily capable to handle WoW TBC and Wotlk.

irrelevant

I generally don't get your quotations as my whole point wasn't about Xbox vs PS4, but there u go.
    Anyways, this console discussion will be over in 1-2 weeks.
    Partly correct. PS Plus requires it for games that have a box cost. FF14 being the exception. F2P games even online F2P games do not require PS Plus such as Warframe, Tera, Paladins, Neverwinter and so on.

Any game on Xbox that goes online requires Gold.

Xbox had this mantra for a while with FF14 of "xbox only servers" or it requiring the gold sub on top of the FF14 sub. Unless they drop that mantra if WoW did happen it ain't going on Xbox. I somehow doubt Blizzard want people having to pay 2 subs for WoW just to be able to play it on a console.

Not saying either is better than the other. Just that has been Microsoft's mantra to another MMO dev wanting to get their game on their system. Which is why it's not on there. Square are more than happy to put FF14 on XB1 just they don't want it to require a gold sub or have Xbox only servers.

I know Sony are a bit dickish on cross play matters too but neither side is innocent here. Sony are cocky imo because of the larger install base. Which I feel may bite them on the ass next gen if they don't open up a bit.

Which is why in my opinion if this comes to a console it will be PS4 because of 3 reasons.

1. Larger install base.
    2. Cross play potential if they choose one system only.
    3. Ability to negotiate more to only require 1 sub.

But who knows. Unless it actually happens all this is admittedly just speculation.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-19 at 04:18 PM.

You just don't raid with console noobs, that is all there is to it. Still plenty of casuals that could foot the bill to keep the game running. It's coming, I'm sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You just don't raid with console noobs, that is all there is to it. Still plenty of casuals that could foot the bill to keep the game running. It's coming, I'm sure of that.
    I raid with PS4 players on FF14 all the time. Ultimate and Savage players.

Hell I heal with a controller pretty damn well.

I raid with PS4 players on FF14 all the time. Ultimate and Savage players.

Hell I heal with a controller pretty damn well.
    Are you by chance related to the guy in the demon hunter forums with his steam controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Are you by chance related to the guy in the demon hunter forums with his steam controller?
    Nope. Just FF14 has native controller support and it plays pretty well. Healing is actually really fun with it.

Now WoW with a controller would take quite a bit of work on their end. While there are addons for it I think Blizzard could probably do a better job transitioning it over to consoles.

Sorry, but you would be incorrect. There is already a WoW addon that allows you to play WoW, and use every aspect of wow, while using only a console controller. That includes chat. If an add-on author can do that, I am just about sure that Blizzard can easily port WoW to console, and eliminate the need for a keyboard.

Nope. Just FF14 has native controller support and it plays pretty well. Healing is actually really fun with it.

Now WoW with a controller would take quite a bit of work on their end. While there are addons for it I think Blizzard could probably do a better job transitioning it over to consoles.
    I think one of the biggest hurdles is still the policy of sony and ms in terms of allowing mod support. I know barely anyone that actually plays with standard UI (I do for the most part). Most people seem to go for simple sleek designs, then there is the issue of bossmod support, which has just become central to wow with their effect overloads and throwing 15 things at a time at the people. They did try to streamline some of these (group-, spread-, avoid-, soak- AoEs, etc), but there is still alot more that would need to change for it to be a smooth experience. Long GCD is also part of the equation, which would be a big blow for WoW.

It seems like it would require so much effort to thoroughly go through the whole game and make sure everything is compatible, and then always make sure that compatibility is present in the future... not worth it.

It could actually hold back the PC game in many regards if they have to make concessions for console use.

Not to mention a sub model doesn't work well on console as many other MMOs have found out. They would need to go F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It seems like it would require so much effort to thoroughly go through the whole game and make sure everything is compatible, and then always make sure that compatibility is present in the future... not worth it.

It could actually hold back the PC game in many regards if they have to make concessions for console use.

Not to mention a sub model doesn't work well on console as many other MMOs have found out. They would need to go F2P.
    Name one MMO with a sub that swapped models solely because it was on console.

Also most online multiplayer on consoles is gated behind a subscription fee. While not the developers it's still a monthly cost coming out of your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post

Neither does Square-Enix and yet once again FFXIV plays just fine on consoles.
    FFXIV is not Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    FFXIV is not Wow.
    FFXIV is a hotkey MMO just like WoW.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I keep seeing these threads pop up about WoW and consoles. Seems everyone wants to have WoW on consoles for some reason.
    But apart from the fact that healing will be very inefficient.
    Ask yourself how a raid would be healed quickly with someone on a controller? Would you see a hand on the screen slowly moving from raidframe to raidframe? Or would you need to cycle quickly through the raid per group and then select a raidmember to heal? Meanwhile avoiding shit on the floor or running along with the group?

But that said.... how would you chat? And yes I understand there are keyboards or ways to chat via a console system. But really... how do you picture communicating during combat? I doubt that you could unless you stand idle for a few seconds to type stuff.
    And no you cannot bring the excuse of: Well I always use my headset "hur dur". Yeah... like everyone wants to hear your mouth breathing ass and will be forced to use a headset.

So in the unlikely event that Blizzard will make WoW available on a console..... healing will be nigh impossible and because chatting will not be very great during combat... WoW on a console will stay ON the console... meaning you will have a split playerbase with own servers... console servers and PC servers.

I am open to criticism on my statement. So bash ahead.
    You can plug a mouse and keyboard into a console. People do it for FF14. You clearly aren't looking for proper answers though, so I doubt this will go anywhere.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2018-05-19 at 05:00 PM.