Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Except that Sa'ara didn't do it because nowhere does this Naaru mention this situation explicitly. It was simply Calia's own interpretation, motivated by that Forsaken who came up to her and told her he's down. That's all there is to it. While it all might allign and in truth be some super evil Naaru plan, it was certainly up to Calia's character to see what she wants to see.

Blizzard's way of writing the Naaru into being these tyrannical Light-based leaders is comical because it is obvious how they are forcing this narrative into everything now in order to counterbalance a decade of lore that went the other way.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-05-18 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Except that Sa'ara didn't do it because nowhere does this Naaru mention this situation explicitly. It was simply Calia's own interpretation, motivated by that Forsaken who came up to her and told her he's down. That's all there is to it. While it all might allign and in truth be some super evil Naaru plan, it was certainly up to Calia's character to see what she wants to see.

Blizzard's way of writing the Naaru into being these tyrannical Light-based leaders is comical because it is obvious how they are forcing this narrative into everything now in order to counterbalance a decade of lore that went the other way.
    Are you pissed off that your Potential Paladin main char isnt the perfect being?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Are you pissed off that your Potential Paladin main char isnt the perfect being?
    I'm pissed off that my hunter main has no proper benefit in BfA from the addition haste Trueshot and Heroism will bring.

Show people what they want to see, and "forget" to mention some of the less savory bits, and they'll do what you want happily.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "super-evil" plan, though. Light and Void work on a completely seperate moral framework. It just happens that our survival isn't really relevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Show people what they want to see, and "forget" to mention some of the less savory bits, and they'll do what you want happily.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "super-evil" plan, though. Light and Void work on a completely seperate moral framework. It just happens that our survival isn't really relevant to them.
    I understand what you mean. My reasoning is that in the end Calia herself decided to put blind faith into this Naaru and find it's words in an event that happens on a field between Thoradin's wall and the ruins of Stromgarde. Just like AU Grom put faith into the words of MU Garrosh, just like MU Ner'zhul put faith into the words of his partner's vision and so on.

Like most religious people, she found purpose and reasoning where most others wouldn't and anything that comes of such blind faith is her own mistake.

And yet, something good probably will come of all this. If nothing else Genn's reconsideration of the undead as people.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    More like
    *Night Elf Paladins set up in WoD
    *Forsaken Paladins set up in goddamn Cataclysm
    *Ion post-legion is like "Paladins for everyone except Night elf & forsaken"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    And yet, something good probably will come of all this. If nothing else Genn's reconsideration of the undead as people.
    That seems hollow. Genn doesn't care that they're undead. He cares that they're Forsaken. You don't need to set up his forgiveness of undeath.

I understand what you mean. My reasoning is that in the end Calia herself decided to put blind faith into this Naaru and find it's words in an event that happens on a field between Thoradin's wall and the ruins of Stromgarde. Just like AU Grom put faith into the words of MU Garrosh, just like MU Ner'zhul put faith into the words of his partner's vision and so on.

Like most religious people, she found purpose and reasoning where most others wouldn't and anything that comes of such blind faith is her own mistake.
    Abusing this is kind of the point of institutionalised religions.

Also, i'd argue that nudging somebody who's already prone to it to a specific course of action is not entirely their own mistake. Being so blinded by their faith that you can nudge them with a sledgehammer is. Somebody else abusing this to exert power over them isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That seems hollow. Genn doesn't care that they're undead. He cares that they're Forsaken. You don't need to set up his forgiveness of undeath.
    The difference with Genn here is that he seen that the Forsaken can have normal emotions. That they are not all monsters. And they is a change for him. It means he is less likely to want to slaughter them all. Instead he, along with now Anduin, focus that monster as Sylvanas. They both see her as unredeemable. They are probably right, unless there is a massive plot twist that makes it so all her actions are actually for the "greater good" to help Azeroth face the coming enemies (the Void, the Light, the Space Chicken of Albolath, whatever.)

Deleted
    Maybe that's actually a hint of bringing his son back in the future?