Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So... If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
    See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil - that'll surely fix a systemic issue.
    Depends.

Is the tree deaf?

Look if I thought beating people over the head with something would work (it won’t btw have none of you ever interacted with real people before?) I’d be railing at politicians. There is not one solution to this problem. Think about it please. Going dark got things to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Start? Let me introduce you to social media.
    I meant in the event of them illegal for media to report.

How do you differentiate a private citizen and media?

For starters, using social media (the servers etc. are operated by a media corporation) to report would be illegal as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's about the dumbest thing I have ever seen. They want to limit the First Amendment, because someone shot people...

Anyone who signs it is a freedom-hating asshole.
    Yeah! Can't limit an amendment, unless it's the second!!

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Not at all. This is a proposal to the media outlets themselves, not a proposal for legislative action. I’m asking them to stop not forcing them.
    Here's a thought, don't watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah! Can't limit an amendment, unless it's the second!!
    I have no desire to limit the 2nd Amendment. I support gun rights more than any person on these threads. That's the joys of being consistent, unlike a proven hypocrite like you.

Yeah, we all still remember the golf thing from the other day.

Talking about it is the only way we can solve it, the media reports on it, we talk about it and then we come up with a solution. That's how it's suppose to work.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You're very confused. It's about the press reporting, not the media. The press isn't that hard to define.
    "Stop media reporting on and profiting from mass shootings now.

It’s time for the media in the United States to take responsibility for their roles in promoting tragedies like in Santa Fe, Parkland, and so many others. It’s time for a return to ethical journalism. Stop naming shooters. Stop showing their faces. Do not immortalize those who don’t deserve it. Do not show other young troubled minds exactly how to commit these heinous acts. Don’t give them ideas. In this internet age you’re helping perpetuate the cycle of violence. You don’t report on teen suicides because of fear of the copy cat effect. This is no different. You’re making money off dead children and it’s unconscionable. Take a stand. Be the first. America will reward you for it."

https://www.change.org/p/nbc-stop-me...ter_responsive

Reading - it's hard isn't it?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    So there’s been another mass shooting in Texas. And we’re gonna talk about guns and rail at politicians. And nothing is gonna change.

Well I’m tired of not addressing this issue and tired of talking. Let’s look at why someone does this instead of how. The copycat effect is a thing. Of course it is. We humans LEARN by copying others.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_crime

So here’s what I propose. The media stops reporting the name of shooters or showing the shooter’s face. Stop reporting on them altogether. Teen suicides are not covered for this reason. Why should mass shootings be any different?

This change.org petition to the major media outlets proposes just that.

https://chn.ge/2Iv7z0S

Sign it. Share it. Mock me I don’t care. I’m done talking and sending ‘hopes and prayers’. #ThisStopsNow
    You're an idiot. The end.

One wonders if he was on SSRIs

The real issue isn’t MSM my friends. It’s the people that watch/believe everything they say as gospel.

Cheers

Great Next stop to avoid mass shooting in USA, Make 1st amendment null and void so that people can continue to enjoy benefit of 2nd amendment.

Shootings are bad m'kay

How about voting the sellout politicians out of the office instead of attacking free speech?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Making mass shooters nationwide celebrities makes more mass shooters.

A petition to stop the news from profiting from the news.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I understand the premise behind the petition if you consider the fact when the media reports on a mass shooting they are effectively reporting on it having been successful regardless of whether the suspect was captured or killed during or after it took place. There is a definite argument here that a potential shooter may be emboldened by seeing other "successful" shootings being reported and publicised on the news as they can see a possibility of realising their "goal" of killing others. Arguably if there was less promotion of "successful" shootings through the media and more promotion of successful stopping of shootings it could lower the chance of them occurring of course without any statistical evidence it would be hard to firmly state that same as whether promotion of shootings via media reporting has an effect either.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another thread where countless posters voluntarily publicize their ignorance of how censorship and the First Amendment work.

The U.S. news media is not owned or operated by the government, and, regardless, this petition is not seeking to compel them to change what they publish, only to let them know that a significant number of people find the status quo harmful.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Making mass shooters nationwide celebrities makes more mass shooters.
    I think this is what the OP was hoping to have stop happening.. But reading some of the posts in this thread seems to indicate, that a lot of people don't care one bit if news/media outlets, profit off of tragedies such as school/mass shootings just to maintain ratings and advertising..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Another thread where countless posters voluntarily publicize their ignorance of how censorship and the First Amendment work.

The U.S. news media is not owned or operated by the government, and, regardless, this petition is not seeking to compel them to change what they publish, only to let them know that a significant number of people find the status quo harmful.
    When people say they want to stop something, they almost always want to use force.

Of course, if the OP really cared, he would simply form a boycott of all news media that reports on mass shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    So your solution to problem is to pretend it doesn't exist?

It needs to be reported so people would realize how much violence guns cause. Then maybe people would do something about guns problem, though I doubt it because there are too many gun crazy people, massive industry and massive lobbying that won't let any laws pass.
    There's a difference between how they report it now and how they could/should report it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day