Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Tinker is the last, big archetype missing in WoW from the RTS stuff.

Could even be an extra-spec granted if you take Engineer as a profession.
    Tinker is a good idea... which I really like. I could see it as a class restricted to Gnomes, Goblins, and new rumored Gnome Allied Race... Maybe even Dark Irons (since they're quite technological).

But they aren't the last missing archetype. I'm pretty sure Tinkers were added to the RTS in a later patch. Things like Wardens and basically all of the Scourge heroes have not been added yet (unless you count warlocks in this).

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    My vote: remove monks (merge them into druids, whatever). Remove demon hunters (make them warlocks or death knights). Make survival ranged again.
    None of this makes any sense whatsoever. Do you even know what any of those classes are?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Tinker is a good idea... which I really like. I could see it as a class restricted to Gnomes, Goblins, and new rumored Gnome Allied Race... Maybe even Dark Irons (since they're quite technological).
    Ehm... I'm pretty sure almost every playable race is well-capable of engineering and tinkering. Humans, Dwarves, Draenei and Night Elves can build machinery. Orcs (Mag'har even more), Undead, Trolls and Blood Elves can do it too. Goblin and Gnome culture do orbit around tinkering, sure, but Orcish culture is Shamanistic, yet they can be Monks!

But they aren't the last missing archetype. I'm pretty sure Tinkers were added to the RTS in a later patch. Things like Wardens and basically all of the Scourge heroes have not been added yet (unless you count warlocks in this).
    Oh yeah, Warden is missing. Rogues come close, but it's like saying that a Warrior is like a Rogue just because it wields blades.

But isn't the Death Knight THE big scourge hero? Lots of references to the Scourge faction, as a whole, instead of just the DK hero (Arthas)!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    On the dps side things are ok, but there are too many tank specs and too many heal specs. Tanking in particular - you only need 2 tanks and they're trying to keep 6 specs balanced enough that all are viable, and the failed miserably at that this expansion. Bringing that number down to 4 would really help them focus on balance and still give people plenty of options.

For healing, you only need 4 healers in mythic. One is always a pally (seriously, in every single tier pallies make up 25% or more of the healing parses). Then there are 5 other healing specs competing for the 3 slots. At this point mistweaver is basically a failed spec. Picking a healer at the start of an expansion really feels like playing the lottery because many groups go after a specific comp, and if you don't play the right spec, ah well! Guilds can be less discerning when picking dps. Particularly because tanks and heals are responsible for keeping the group alive and fights often come with specific mechanics that one tank or healer can dominate.
    I think "too many" is kind of subjective. Mythic raiding is obviously not what they are designing the game around, as it is only small fraction of the gamerbase. Sure you only need 2 tanks in a raid, but having more variety of which tanks players can play as is a good thing. Mythic raiders might like to say things like "we can only have warriors and pally tanks because they have 1% more mitigation than other tanks", but the VAST MAJORITY of the people playing the game simply don't care about that.

WoW has ALWAYS had problems with DPS far outstripping the Tank and Healer populations. That's why Tanks and Healers get near instantaneous dungeon queues. So until that changes, I don't think I'll ever agree that there are "too many tanks".

10+ Year Old Account
    Gladiator. something that uses Sword and Board to DPS.

I know we had it with Prot Warriors and they removed it, but it'd be cool to see it come back somehow
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    You can disagree all you want. You'd be wrong.

Modern Day Engineers ( although this seems to be changing in BFA) have not made use of land mines, mortars, poultry-izer, net-o-matic, flame turrets, bombs, dynamite, and several other fun things that existed when Engineering first launched many years ago.

BFA seems to be bringing some of this back. But just in the way First Aid kicked the bucket --- it'd be very easy to separate the engineering profession from a Gazlowe Heroes of the Storm style tinkerer class.

Also, Tinkerers use mechs. Engineers do not.

Edit: Tinkerer is also one of the last wc3 units left remaining to get a class (things like dreadlord, sea witch, pit lord withstanding)
    I go "agree to disagree" and be polite about and you couldn't do the same lol Sounds like MMO-C to me

Unlike other concepts, Tinkers wouldn't actively steal abilities from existing classes. Because of that, it has my vote.

Blademaster. This would be my personal pick. I love the theme, I really like how they designed Samuro in HotS, and think he would be a great template to convert to WoW. I see Blademaster be able to be melee two handed fighter, and two handed tanks. Orcs and Draenei only. They have a good foundation to create some more lore and story around them, they have interesting characters that could evolve (Samuro (still missing in action), Lantresor, Mankrik) even a whole clan, that has a theme around them. The story as to why and how Draenei can become Blademaster is lightly woven into with Blademaster Telaamon (I think thats his name, he is located on the Vindicaar), who could, together with Lantresor (or other Draenei) teach this to the Alliance Blademasters (only Draenei in my opinion).
    I dont see the Warrior represent a blademaster in a satisfying way, so I dont see Warriors or Monks be the Blademasters in WoW. There is a lot of potential in this "class" I hope blizzard will use on day in the near future.

I am pretty sure it is not important how many classes there are. (Raid) groups look for the perfect class that in higher difficulties, or a group takes their friends who play what they like. So I am sure, there could be 5 more classes and it would not make a big difference.

More Tanks would be nice, to fresh things up, another two handed tank would be a nice addition (though i am missing a shield tank > this could be an entrance for shaman tank spec).

Blizz should no longer go for the "rules" mentioned earlier. There is no need to tie them to an expansion. A well executed szenario would do to introduce those. Same goes for the armor class. Great idea to change the types to light, medium and heavy. But to me, more important is, that a class should not be taken into account because it has a missing or missrepresented armor class.

Tinker, to me, is the class with the most benefit logic wise (though it should not be a logical decision). Could wear mail, could be range, and could be tank, heal and range damage dealer. Gnomes and Goblins only. Maybe has some turrets to place (close to totems) and a hulkbuster cooldown.

As someone else mentioned: old classes should also be looked into. I mentioned the 4th spec for Shaman, an earth based tank spec. Would be great. Same goes for necromancer, range, and 4th spec for the Death Knight. I would also give a improved version of the gladiator spec to the warriors as a 4th spec. Mages could get a time based heal spec, monks could get a range spec, and warlocks a tank spec. So getting most of the classes, not all of them (like DH, they should stay on 2 specs) a 4th spec would be neat, and something fresh for players who love their class.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    I go "agree to disagree" and be polite about and you couldn't do the same lol Sounds like MMO-C to me
    But its not Agree to Disagree.

Let's look at a history of the classes released into WoW post launch. Most classes covered several of the Warcraft 3 units, which, believe it or not, had its heroes serve as the basis for SEVERAL classes in WoW.

Classes Released Post-Launch

WotLK - Death Knight

Where did we see this before?

http://classic.battle.net/war3/undea...thknight.shtml

MoP - Monk

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml

Legion - Demon Hunter

http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...onhunter.shtml

So, disregarding classes that became NPCS (sorry Sea Witch, Dreadlord, Crypt Lord, Keeper of the Grove, Lich, Pit Lord, Firelord) we're left with a few more options that haven't yet been farmed out to other classes:

Priestess of the Moon

Warden

Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Alchemist

Dark Ranger

Now, an argument could be made for another ranged petless archer type class --- utilizing Priestess of the Moon, Warden, and Dark Ranger as a base....but largely, the abilities they have ( Starfall, Black Arrow, Life Drain, Blink and Fan of Kives ) have already been farmed out to other classes. Of course, this could be retconned, much in the way Metamorphosis was from Warlocks to Demon Hunters....but we did just get an elven exclusive race.

Now, if a Ranger (petless archer/gunner) class were to be added, there is definitely space with Dark Rangers working for Sylvannas, and Alleria now providing a void option. They could pull new things from there.

But the two units that don't step on any other class's toes that are left from Warcraft 3? Goblin Tinkerer and Goblin Alchemist.
    To make it even better, Goblins and Gnomes have bad population representation, and if the class is fun, restricting it to just Goblins and Gnomes ensures a larger population.

Also, the abilities of Cluster Rockets, Pocket Factory, Robo-Goblin, Healing Spray, Acid Bomb, Chemical Rage, and Transmute don't really step on the flavor of any other class. (Sure Chemical Rage is just Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp/Ancient Hysteria). But you can also see, that unlike your accusation that this would share too much with Engineering...Engineering provides literally NONE of these abilities. Neither does Alchemy.

A Tinkerer class, using the updated Gazlowe from HotS as a base (since he is literally the tinker counterpart) and including Alchemist as a healing spec, provides the last missing piece from Warcraft 3 to be represented into Warcraft. Has nothing to do with agreeing to disagree, when you are just ignoring how Blizzard previously operated in regards to new classes, and what's left from the game that fed directly into WoW's class design.
    Last edited by wushootaki; 2018-05-19 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

a buffer classs maybe!

I think Tinkerer would be amazing as a hero class. Gnome and Goblin only!

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    But its not Agree to Disagree.

Let's look at a history of the classes released into WoW post launch. Most classes covered several of the Warcraft 3 units, which, believe it or not, had its heroes serve as the basis for SEVERAL classes in WoW.

Classes Released Post-Launch

WotLK - Death Knight

http://classic.battle.net/war3/undea...thknight.shtml

MoP - Monk

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml

Legion - Demon Hunter

http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...onhunter.shtml

So, disregarding classes that became NPCS (sorry Sea Witch, Dreadlord, Crypt Lord, Keeper of the Grove, Lich, Pit Lord, Firelord) we're left with a few more options that haven't yet been farmed out to other classes:

Priestess of the Moon

Warden

Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Alchemist

Dark Ranger

Now, an argument could be made for another ranged petless archer type class --- utilizing Priestess of the Moon, Warden, and Dark Ranger as a base....but largely, the abilities they have ( Starfall, Black Arrow, Life Drain, Blink and Fan of Kives ) have already been farmed out to other classes. Of course, this could be retconned, much in the way Metamorphosis was from Warlocks to Demon Hunters....but we did just get an elven exclusive race.

Now, if a Ranger (petless archer/gunner) class were to be added, there is definitely space with Dark Rangers working for Sylvannas, and Alleria now providing a void option. They could pull new things from there.

But the two units that don't step on any other class's toes that are left from Warcraft 3? Goblin Tinkerer and Goblin Alchemist.
    To make it even better, Goblins and Gnomes have bad population representation, and if the class is fun, restricting it to just Goblins and Gnomes ensures a larger population.

Also, the abilities of Cluster Rockets, Pocket Factory, Robo-Goblin, Healing Spray, Acid Bomb, Chemical Rage, and Transmute don't really step on the flavor of any other class. (Sure Chemical Rage is just Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp/Ancient Hysteria). But you can also see, that unlike your accusation that this would share too much with Engineering...Engineering provides literally NONE of these abilities. Neither does Alchemy.

A Tinkerer class, using the updated Gazlowe from HotS as a base (since he is literally the tinker counterpart) and including elchemist as a healing spec, provides the last missing piece from Warcraft 3 to be represented into Warcraft. Has nothing to do with agreeing to disagree, when you are just ignoring how Blizzard previously operated in regards to new classes, and what's left from the game that fed directly into WoW's class design.
    This is a really good post, and I agree with all of it.

When it comes to Wardens, PotM, and Dark Rangers, their main issues in my eyes are that they're elven-based, and their abilities have been traditionally farmed out to existing classes. They're also very narrow concepts that if expanded into the 3 spec style of WoW classes, you start running out of compelling specs really quickly. I don't think the community at large wants another 2 spec class after Demon Hunters. Then there's the issue of creating another physical ranged archer class. Blizzard re-did the Hunter spec because 3 physical ranged specs in the same class felt too similar to each other. I simply couldn't imagine them attempting that again with an entirely new class.

On the other hand, Tinkers are pretty wide open. You have 3 heroes from WC3 and HotS to draw abilities from, and those abilities aren't being used by any existing WoW class. There was a recent thread on this site where the OP was able to create 4 specs out of it, and those specs were pretty darn unique. If some random guy on a forum can do that, imagine what Blizzard could do.

I think bard has more potential than people generally acknowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see something like an allied class or sub-class whatever you want to call it added to the game. But to unlock them you have to do a long quest chain(long - not hard) but I'm not sure if every class should get that but some of the classic wow classes should definitely get some love.

Dark Rangers for hunter, a melee spec for mages, a proper shield/1h spec for warriors, a tank spec for shaman, 2h spec for dh etc.

Or maybe something race specific like DH is for elves. Gnome / Goblin tinkers could be cool.

Though I would like to see a Bard class, could be really fun.

Since BFA is the new race expansion we likely wont be getting a new class until the next one. My question is which class would you like to see added?

The way I see it is we are long overdue for another mail armor class. Currently we have:

Plate classes - 3
    Mail classes - 2
    Leather classes - 4
    Cloth classes - 3

Clearly a bit imbalanced in terms of equality. My suggestion for a WoW lore class would be Wardens. A mail armored wearing stealth class. They should have both a melee and ranged spec. I foresee them as primarily DPS, but pure dps classes dont seem to jive with Blizzard's design philosophy these days.

Other lore classes were missing could include:
    Shadow Hunters
    Witch Doctors
    Dark Rangers
    Mixologists
    Problem with Wardens is that they havn't done a horde recruitment yet.

Not sure if it'd be better as a class, or just as a spec for the mage, but I still really want a battle mage

i'd like to see 4th spec more than a new class tbh. warden could be a rogue, shadow hunter could be the hunter alleria type class, dark ranger could be a ranged DK...

...so on
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    The amount of cloth, leather, mail or plate using classes has never been equal and never will be; it is completely irrelevant for determining what the next class will use. ...especially now that personal loot is a thing, which makes it so that even if a loot table has 99 leather items and one cloth item, the mage downing the boss of said table still has a normal chance of getting loot.

I really don't see what classes Blizz could add without diluting the concepts of other classes at this point. Even with demon hunters (which have been part of the lore since WC3 and are extremely iconic) the devs could only come up with two specs and they had to duplicate/steal (back) abilities from other classes, like metamorphosis and evasion.
    Tinkerer? Engineering. Witch doctor? Shadow priest. Shadow hunter? Sub rogue. Mixologist? Alchemy. Dark ranger? Hunter with that shadow arrow thing.

For now Blizz should just focus on making all classes and specs fun and different, because some (survival...) need a lot of work

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Problem with Wardens is that they havn't done a horde recruitment yet.
    True, but it would be possible to mirror a class. Not in the way SWTOR did, but in utility. For example Alliance gets the Wardens for Nightelves, and the Horde gets Blademasters for Orcs. Both can be tanks and melees. Both get the same utility, for example (just an example to clarify) combat rez and blutlust / heroism. With these mirrored there should not be such a big problem as we have had with shamans and paladins in classic. Though possibly there needs to be some more mirroring. Maybe both get a short stealth. But I hope you get my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    The amount of cloth, leather, mail or plate using classes has never been equal and never will be; it is completely irrelevant for determining what the next class will use. ...especially now that personal loot is a thing, which makes it so that even if a loot table has 99 leather items and one cloth item, the mage downing the boss of said table still has a normal chance of getting loot.

I really don't see what classes Blizz could add without diluting the concepts of other classes at this point. Even with demon hunters (which have been part of the lore since WC3 and are extremely iconic) the devs could only come up with two specs and they had to duplicate/steal (back) abilities from other classes, like metamorphosis and evasion.
    Tinkerer? Engineering. Witch doctor? Shadow priest. Shadow hunter? Sub rogue. Mixologist? Alchemy. Dark ranger? Hunter with that shadow arrow thing.

For now Blizz should just focus on making all classes and specs fun and different, because some (survival...) need a lot of work
    The thing is, most of those abilities are given to classes because this abilities are great or interesting or fitting. Bladestorm, iconic ability of the Blademaster from wc3 went to the Warrior. It fits. It works. But still, it would go back to a BLM if they would ever be made. In this example it would not even be a problem, since the Warrior has Ravager, Cleave, Sweeping Strikes and Whirlwind to compensate the loss of this one ability. While not all of those possible abilities have a good compensator, there is still the option of creating a new one (ravager)
    So to give iconic classes the abilities they deserve (DH and Metamorphosis) i think it would be ok to take away abilities.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post

Engineering isn't a spec or a class bro.