Thread: BFA Affliction

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Crying about tuning compared to other specs on beta when tuning passes haven't happened yet is not going to help. Please take that somewhere else. There is no "Blizzard obviously hates this spec" conspiracy going on here.
    ...and yet you opened your YouTube review of the most recent changes by pointin gout that the best you could get out of affliction was 1k lower than what you were getting with destruction.

Nor did I claim a conspiracy, I simply stated that despite the most recent changes affliction still feels like the poor relation. The devs sometimes don;t do a particularly good job with a spec, look at demo in Legion for example. Most people would regard it as the poor relation there - not necessarily because of damage and more because the design wasn;t particularly good (for example, endless Demonic Empowerment spamming).

I think some guy on YouTube said that aff has "played like a potato" through Alpha/Beta...

Liek I said, it's a bit concerning that aff is so much lower than demo/destro and yet aff is the spec that got nerfs. I repeat, I'm guessing that aff is actually where the devs want it to be and that means that destro/demo are in for some tuning down. If that doesn;t happen aff is dead in the water cos everyone will switch to demo/destro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Darkglare does not fit Affliction. Why does Affliction get a big demon as a cd instead of demo? Affliction isn't supposed to be about summoning big demons.
    I don't mind the Darkglare for affliction. It fits in an Ok kinda way. Destruction gets the Infernal, and demo does have a big demon cooldown: the Tyrant.

All warlock specs feature summoning demons. The Darkglare actually fits aff better than being able to summon the Doomguard.Infernal; it felt much odder that this wasn;t restricted to demo, whose unique demo was the felguard.

One of the resons Sacrifice is so sucky is that the devs want warlock to be a pet-using class. They said long ago that they never liked the idea of demons simply being a consumable you got a buff out of. There's been a conscious effort to avoid a repeat of the old sacrifice-succubus-shadowbolt-spam build

One thing I do like is that you can use any pet you like, it;s about the utility not the damage. I always thought that the Succubus fitted affliction the best - the whole pleasure through drawn-out suffering thing.

Deleted
    Remove GoSac and replace it with another interesting choice then. No point having a talent there that is never going to get picked because of how bad it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just came back from the field to find out that DS reared its ugly face back in as a talent.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Lolo View Post
    Just came back from the field to find out that DS reared its ugly face back in as a talent.
    Feel free not to use it. It will make me keep playing aff in BfA.

Darkglare does not fit Affliction. Why does Affliction get a big demon as a cd instead of demo? Affliction isn't supposed to be about summoning big demons.
    Considering they seem set on having Warlocks have Demons as a CD, I'm really happy they at least finally make them interact with the specs in a meaningful way. A good compromise IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Considering they seem set on having Warlocks have Demons as a CD, I'm really happy they at least finally make them interact with the specs in a meaningful way. A good compromise IMO.
    Yeah all 3 actually provide something relevant to the spec, pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    How is it tanky in legion?
    Lmao? Have you played it at all this expac?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Remove GoSac and replace it with another interesting choice then. No point having a talent there that is never going to get picked because of how bad it is.
    It's there to satisfy diehards who hate having pets and to tell players the devs are listening. But as I said, the devs want warlock to be a pet class and after the sacrifice-shadowbolt-spam of Burning Crusade specifically stated they did not want pets to be regarded as essentially a consumable

10+ Year Old Account
    Would buffing the damage/proc chance of Grimoire of sacrifice help make it competitive? What about the utility of the pet, anything else except it's damage?

Deleted
    everybody keeps saying how bad sacrifice is meanwhile its in the top 3 of my dmg done whenever I use it and damage the target dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It's there to satisfy diehards who hate having pets and to tell players the devs are listening. But as I said, the devs want warlock to be a pet class and after the sacrifice-shadowbolt-spam of Burning Crusade specifically stated they did not want pets to be regarded as essentially a consumable
    That's an odd timing for them to not like Gosac considering how dominate gosac was during mop / wod.

- - - Updated - - -

everybody keeps saying how bad sacrifice is meanwhile its in the top 3 of my dmg done whenever I use it and damage the target dummy
    I just don't see how its going to keep up with scaling unless they make it scale off of more than just int.

They'd more than likely need to buff it every patch and even if by some miracle that did happen it would get outscaled again unless it was over-buffed to the point of being dominant.

Considering its the most passive talent on the row and gets rid of having to deal with a pet I have 0 faith it'll be a competitive option in the future with how its designed. Its not something that should be left as a talent, it either needs full commitment or to be gotten rid of.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's an odd timing for them to not like Gosac considering how dominate gosac was during mop / wod.

- - - Updated - - -

I just don't see how its going to keep up with scaling unless they make it scale off of more than just int.

They'd more than likely need to buff it every patch and even if by some miracle that did happen it would get outscaled again unless it was over-buffed to the point of being dominant.

Considering its the most passive talent on the row and gets rid of having to deal with a pet I have 0 faith it'll be a competitive option in the future with how its designed. Its not something that should be left as a talent, it either needs full commitment or to be gotten rid of.
    I think at least on fights where soaking will be mandatory it'll be great. You could have chosen this talent in its current status during Fallen Avatar progression. Combined with Dark Pact/Unending Resolve Warlocks could have actually soaked like mages, well almost. I mean +30% hp and then Dark Pact on top of that makes your effective hp skyrocket. Add Unending Resolve on top of that and you don't need to be immune to not die.

As for the rest well if its slightly worse, one can justify using it by having the extra cooldown for survivability. A dead warlock deals no dmg?
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2018-05-19 at 09:41 PM.

I think at least on fights where soaking will be mandatory it'll be great. You could have chosen this talent in its current status during Fallen Avatar progression. Combined with Dark Pact/Unending Resolve Warlocks could have actually soaked like mages, well almost. I mean +30% hp and then Dark Pact on top of that makes your effective hp skyrocket. Add Unending Resolve on top of that and you don't need to be immune to not die.

As for the rest well if its slightly worse, one can justify using it by having the extra cooldown for survivability. A dead warlock deals no dmg?
    The problem on avatar was you had to be able to get your health back up (with a healing received debuff). I tried doing what you're talking about, it just wasn't worth doing vs using other classes.

For the rest, supremacy is a major CD with potential for ridiculous scaling. At the moment with the way that row is we may as well not have a row and supremacy will reign... supreme...
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The problem on avatar was you had to be able to get your health back up (with a healing received debuff). I tried doing what you're talking about, it just wasn't worth doing vs using other classes.

For the rest, supremacy is a major CD with potential for ridiculous scaling. At the moment with the way that row is we may as well not have a row and supremacy will reign... supreme...
    Yeah that's true for Destro. Affliction on the other hand has Sacrifice and its additional defensive cooldown compete with Drain Soul and Nightfall.

Hey! Any chances to make affli main spec comparing to demonology at start of BfA?

Quote Originally Posted by nikkuzn View Post
    Hey! Any chances to make affli main spec comparing to demonology at start of BfA?
    You go to your talent tree and pick Affy.

Assuming raiding as to what will be the strongest we need to see how each spec is doing in the fights and wait for all the tuning passes (including one probably when Uldir opens and pre-mythic week). All being well I hope at least 2 have their place.

What talents are you guys using currently?

Anyone else worried aff will be left in the dust ? so far the other 2 specs feel way more solid and Im not just talking about numbers here.

It's not just the fact that we lost artifact traits n all that , the way the talents were shifted around make the spec feel clunky( or is it just me ?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Anyone else worried aff will be left in the dust ? so far the other 2 specs feel way more solid and Im not just talking about numbers here.

It's not just the fact that we lost artifact traits n all that , the way the talents were shifted around make the spec feel clunky( or is it just me ?).
    No affliction will still be top spec in council fights and probably ok in singletarget fights. But affliction will probably be worst spec now in m+ because no artifact weapon, no tripple seed and no big selfhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonshadow View Post
    No affliction will still be top spec in council fights and probably ok in singletarget fights. But affliction will probably be worst spec now in m+ because no artifact weapon, no tripple seed and no big selfhealing.
    I meant less about numbers and more about the way the spec functions, doesn't feel fun at all.