Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

What could Thrall's role be in BFA?

I'm surprised how little he's being talked about.

Does anyone remember this image from Blizzcon?

He's going to be featured in a big way. We know there will be something with Vol'jin but we don't know what that is and we certainly don't know where that is leading. My guess is Vol'jin will convince Thrall to return to his Horde and save it from Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Brooding in depression.

Or he will try to screw his rule 63 self from other dimension to see what happens. Possibly impregnating self and leading to creation of ultimate Go'el. Now that would be a twist.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2018-05-19 at 07:04 PM.

I love that they showcase his cata model and not even his WoD one. I'd have to agree that he's certainly not meant to play a role on release, he'll probably take part on the siege of orgrimmar 2

Deleted
    My dream? Your guess. Make Horde Great Again. Hopefully in a more political way than a showdown between him and Sylvanas. We need Sylvanas in the Horde to provide that cunning, maliciousness she brings. It's complicated, but hopefully there's a way to reinstate Thrall and let Sylvanas go back to being the leader of the Forsaken. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but that's what this thread is about.

Pure speculation!

I can't see them seriously doing Siege of Org 2. Maybe he will end up guiding Sylvanas through her redemption arc.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I love that they showcase his cata model and not even his WoD one. I'd have to agree that he's certainly not meant to play a role on release, he'll probably take part on the siege of orgrimmar 2
    Yeah, I don't expect him to have a role at first but he'll come in a little bit further in to the expansion once we are done with all the leveling and stuff. Maybe in the first raid or just after it. That's probably why he doesn't have a new model there. They can put that off a little longer because he isn't needed for launch.

I just find is surprising how little he is being talked about when he is supposed to play a important role at some point in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithrael View Post
    My dream? Your guess. Make Horde Great Again. Hopefully in a more political way than a showdown between him and Sylvanas. We need Sylvanas in the Horde to provide that cunning, maliciousness she brings. It's complicated, but hopefully there's a way to reinstate Thrall and let Sylvanas go back to being the leader of the Forsaken. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but that's what this thread is about.

Pure speculation!
    Yeah, I'm not sure Sylvanas will be dying this expansion. I think she's too much of a fan favorite but I do see the expansion ending with her no longer as Warchief. Potentially no longer even leading the Forsaken and if she does leave the Horde all together I see her going Neutral like Khadgar or Illidan.

A lot of people hate Thrall but they forget that all of the bad shit that has happened to the Horde and Thrall's character came after he stepped down as Warchief. Warchief Thrall was best Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    I can't see them seriously doing Siege of Org 2. Maybe he will end up guiding Sylvanas through her redemption arc.
    For another SoO to happen that would require her to have allies but from everything we've been seeing a lot of her own are even turning on her or are just barely putting up with her and I think the Horde remembers the SoO and will do anything to never let that happen again.

But who knows, maybe she kills Bolvar and becomes the lich queen and creates her own allies.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2018-05-19 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    He carries urns.

If I had my way about it he'd return as Warchief. I don't know or care what would happen to Sylvanas. Thrall was a great character until Cata force fed him to players until they had enough. Personally I thought he was ok in Cata, too; the story was just stupid. I'd enjoy seeing his power return to him and him reclaiming the mantle of Warchief and taking the Horde into an era of peace with the Alliance, even if it's an uneasy peace.

I think Thrall will die in BFA. Metzen is gone and although he said hes ok with voicing him again if needed I don't think Blizzard wants to.

They may kill him off to close the case. Also Doomhammer. There no Thrall without Doomhammer. Its like Arthas without Frostmourne.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    I think Thrall will die in BFA. Metzen is gone and although he said hes ok with voicing him again if needed I don't think Blizzard wants to.

They may kill him off to close the case.
    Metzen retired from Blizzard not from Thrall. Working at Blizz and being a voice actor is 2 separate things.

I actually think Thrall is kinda of the Horde equivalent of Anduin. Those bitching about Anduin's plot armor forget that Thrall kind of has that too so it would even things out.

I think Thrall character has been built up enough. I think its time he became one with the elements... but then rise from ground and truly earn the name Green Jesus

I mainly think he'd be the one to try to reason with Jaina. Rexxar too perhaps, since that dude just got an updated character model. All the surviving characters who convinced her to trust the horde in the first place.

I think his role was likely replaced by Saurfang to be honest. Which might explain some of the out of character stuff for Saurfang.

Metzen had spinal surgery recently and likely was not up for the task of doing voice-overs for BfA. We might see him later this expansion but I would expect his role to be greatly diminished.

Deleted
    I would hope he gets together with Saurfang and Drek'thar to have a serious talk about their views on the Horde and what can be done about it in a serious way and to keep it from falling apart every few years.
    Then go about implementing exactly that.

He'll die and his children will continue to carry on.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Actually, he may play an important role for the Azshara raid - water elementals asking for his help and stuff, so that he can killsteal Tyrande

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think his role was likely replaced by Saurfang to be honest. Which might explain some of the out of character stuff for Saurfang.

Metzen had spinal surgery recently and likely was not up for the task of doing voice-overs for BfA. We might see him later this expansion but I would expect his role to be greatly diminished.
    Saurfang already had his new shiny model displayed at the same blizzcon that they showed this slide in though.

Deleted
    There's a bunch of bugged cinematics in beta that show the Dragon Soul cinematic between Thrall and Deathwing.

Maybe that's his role :P

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Actually, he may play an important role for the Azshara raid - water elementals asking for his help and stuff, so that he can killsteal Tyrande

- - - Updated - - -

Saurfang already had his new shiny model displayed at the same blizzcon that they showed this slide in though.

I think people would be really pissed if he was inserted where he doesn't belong again (ala Deathwing). The Azshara raid should focus on Tyrande, Malfurion and Thalyrssa and no one else.

My understanding is that Saurfang was always meant to be the Orc racial leader and thats why he got the new model. But Thrall was suppose to be a major character and we've barely seen him. It feels like Saurfang took that mantle.

Replacement Warchief.

Thrall is off training and learning with the monks. He'll return as a righteous, new leader of the monks since he has lost his connection with the elements and no longer has Doomhammer.

He has given up his old ways and has learned a new roll within Azeroth with the gift of mediation and healing as a Mistweaver Monk.

(Hence the necklace he wears).