Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    When you demonize the other side as if they are uniquely hypocritical, it just shows you are not interested in a civil discussion of right and wrong. You are interested in "gotchas" and bashing people you dislike. You can call me hyperpartisan if you want, but note that I said "the last two administrations". You might recall that one of those was a Republican one (which I am more partial to than the current one).
    Coming from a person who makes every post about trying to throw a gotcha at the other person, this is highly hilarious projection on your part.

Guess who's in control now? Who has the presidency? Who has congress? Who has the senate? I get to levy criticism at the current administration because guess who's eroding our freedom right now at a rapid pace?

At least I was capable of levying criticism at the Obama administration, unlike you people who pretend to be neutral but then go "WHAT ABOUT OBAMA AND HILLAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" whenever it's pointed out how Trump is tearing the country apart. The only hyper partisan here is you. Trump is president. Republicans have control. Stop being a partisan shill and take some responsibility.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Coming from a person who makes every post about trying to throw a gotcha at the other person, this is highly hilarious projection on your part.

Guess who's in control now? Who has the presidency? Who has congress? Who has the senate? I get to levy criticism at the current administration because guess who's eroding our freedom right now at a rapid pace?

At least I was capable of levying criticism at the Obama administration, unlike you people who pretend to be neutral but then go "WHAT ABOUT OBAMA AND HILLAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" whenever it's pointed out how Trump is tearing the country apart. The only hyper partisan here is you. Trump is president. Republicans have control. Stop being a partisan shill and take some responsibility.
    If you are only going to deflect what I'm saying back at me then there is no point. Again, I did criticize a Republican administration nor do I support this administration's policy here but you conveniently ignored that. Here's some advice though, if you actually want to try to be convincing then you should at least attempt to be evenhanded because personal attacks are not going to convince people on the other side. It only makes both sides more resentful.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is amazing that any conservative can find themselves OKAY with any place where any portion of the Bill of Rights does not apply.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The border exception to the warrant requirement dates back to federal regulation from the 1950s. The USSC validated the premise in by a 7-2 vote in 1976 (hence why it isn't exactly breaking news). It was a Court so fervently Republican that it is essentially the same Court that issued Roe v Wade, another example of that fascist blight.

You may not know a whole hell of a lot, but you fail to know it with a pure and righteous sense of outrage at least. Can't take that away from you.
    Hence, Republican blight.

For someone who's always blinded by pure evil, you sure seem to love to shoot yourself in the foot anyway. Don't want to take that away from you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The Fourth Amendment is just two Second Amendments side by side.

Yeee haw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    If you are only going to deflect what I'm saying back at me then there is no point. Again, I did criticize a Republican administration nor do I support this administration's policy here but you conveniently ignored that. Here's some advice though, if you actually want to try to be convincing then you should at least attempt to be evenhanded because personal attacks are not going to convince people on the other side. It only makes both sides more resentful.
    You might want to save your concern trolling for an issue where it might be more plausible that the political pressure to increase this kind of thing isn't coming entirely from the right.

The Democrats only back this shit so as not to give the Republicans an easy way to win over the xenophobe vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Bold strategy, cotton. I wonder How long Americans will tolerate it.

and then the groan when you realize how long we will actually tolerate it, until it negatively effects enough white people.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    1/8th of current district court judges are Trump appointees, confirmed often while refusing to answer any questions asked of them in their confirmation hearings and just rubber stamped by the Republicans.
    It will be their nightmare legacy after he's impeached and imprisoned. And there's almost no way to reverse it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

For someone who's always blinded by pure evil, you sure seem to love to shoot yourself in the foot anyway. Don't want to take that away from you.
    You realize he was being sarcastic, right? The court was predominantly liberal, which is why the validated abortion (Roe v Wade) and why the border exception to the warrant requirement is so loose in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Probably should learn to realize when you've put yourself in a position for open mockery. To bring it from 45 to 33 1/3 for you... it wasn't a heavily Republican court in any sense of the word in the 70s. It wasn't "Republican" blight that the border exception was given the imprimatur of the Supreme Court's 4th Amendment jurisprudence.

I haven't said a word for or against the exception, by the by, just noted how odd it seemed for there to be a sudden thread about a 60-odd year old law that was found constitutional 40-odd years ago as though it was a current events story.