Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What Happened To Giving Up Our Artifacts?

Weren't we supposed to have an event where we give up on our artifact weapons? When is Blizzard planning on releasing the event? Is it coming with the prepatch? Before the Prepatch? Or did they forget about it?

It will be prepatch.

I would guess just before or at the time BfA launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, what Blizzard plans, but I think it will be in the pre-patch, because it will have to do something with the story that leads to BfA.

Deleted
    I'm not giving them anything. I prefer to stay in Legion and keep artifacts.

There's already a cutscene for it, we use them to suck the corruption out of Sargeras sword and it drains their power or something equally uninspired. I don't think it's available yet but I haven't touched Silithus yet, but likely is that we do it in the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionexe View Post
    I'm not giving them anything. I prefer to stay in Legion and keep artifacts.
    I hope you didn't buy BfA then

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It'll be some big event on the day of the pre-patch. But with the way the Silithus quests just completely fall off, I'd expect we'll see some kind of weekly continuation quest chain open up within the next month that builds up to the pre-patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought they were going to be used until 6 levels in then transformed.

It's was pretty obvious from the get go that they couldn't remove the artifacts before 8.0.

I'm wondering if we're going to get replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    From a logical standpoint, the event that makes the weapons instable has to be before 8.0. Some classes get traits from their weapons as talents, so the weapons have to be "exhausted" by prepatch or some talents and traits would be doubled.
    On the other hand: Blizzard and logic...
    Sometimes lore and logic has to be overlooked for gameplay. This would be one of those cases.

The mechanism for removing the artifacts is really hamfisted frankly. You'd think a billion dollar corporation could do better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gantwort View Post
    The mechanism for removing the artifacts is really hamfisted frankly. You'd think a billion dollar corporation could do better.
    Uhh... Wut?
    Everything wut.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    I thought they were going to be used until 6 levels in then transformed.
    Those are legendaries

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    It'll be some big event on the day of the pre-patch. But with the way the Silithus quests just completely fall off, I'd expect we'll see some kind of weekly continuation quest chain open up within the next month that builds up to the pre-patch.
    I think it will be Silithus -> week later Teldrassil -> two weeks later Undercity -> two weeks later launch. In this case pre-patch would launch 10./11. July.

This is a good trend, BFA will be friendly to new player。

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    There's already a cutscene for it, we use them to suck the corruption out of Sargeras sword and it drains their power or something equally uninspired. I don't think it's available yet but I haven't touched Silithus yet, but likely is that we do it in the pre-patch.
    actually the artifacts drains all the power into them which causes them to become unstable and thus we can't reliably wield them, atleast not lorewise

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think it will be Silithus -> week later Teldrassil -> two weeks later Undercity -> two weeks later launch. In this case pre-patch would launch 10./11. July.
    Yeah for sure once the patch drops. I just think we'll see a couple of small quests between now and then as a build up to losing the artifacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Weren't we supposed to have an event where we give up on our artifact weapons? When is Blizzard planning on releasing the event? Is it coming with the prepatch? Before the Prepatch? Or did they forget about it?
    I think that's been connected with the pre-patch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..