Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean what many of us who want a Revamp are asking is that they do a revamp in such a manner that the zones have individual storylines that are agnostic to the current story and focused on grounding you on the world, giving identity to the locals and the cultures they involve. Such a world would never really have to be revamped; it could stay relevant throughout expansions (unless of course they physically alter the world significantly).
    One of the mistakes with Cataclysm was that many of the stories of the revamped zones revolved around Cataclysm and often leave the zone in a precarious unresolved state that completely identifies it with that point in time (Darkshore or Westfall probably the worst examples).
    The vanilla questlines ultimately told the story of the zone. That's what a revamp should seek, to tell the story of the zones, not tie them to current events.
    That would also mean most story lines would never matter in any way. When you have events that shape up every faction dynamic ingame you can't just pretend that this zone and these people, besides being part of the larger conflict, aren't affected by it. That just makes it so that either the overarching conflict loses significance or the zone itself does.

Personally I think blizzard should invest in a GUI element that essentially works like a diary and let's you pick which part of the wow timeline you want to experience, that way you could have old zones and questlines as well as new ones without having to rely on cluncky NPCs (still vastly better than nothing!!) or never actually showing any zones progressing. After killing 2 million gnoll invaders I'm rather confident that I've genocied them to extinction, how about that invasion event stops now and I can experience a post-invasion zone. From there they could implement new story lines (always coming up with new places is another issue in wow development) or leave the zone in this state and if I ever need to do something in the previous zones iteration I just dial back time.

Kakapo model still doesn't seem to be hooked up to anything in the files. Sort of hoping they'll be making it a charity pet supporting Kakapo recovery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to say, this PTR is late and will be tiny. And BfA does not seem ready AT ALL.
    Compared to Legion Beta, I'd say shiet - BfA Beta is miles ahead already. Legion Beta was a broken mess to the point you could not even complete class intro quests well into it and in the end despite that Legion was one of the best launches ever (even if there was a very annoying fuckup with Warlock Class Hall entrance for a couple of days).

Not ready at all my ass, I'm in Beta at 120 doing Heroic and Mythic Dungeons at will, all zones and storylines apart from one for Alliance are finished and only some quests are bugged and to be fixed, including one I mentioned where the one of final quests is broken for now and can not be progressed. Horde side - completely done weeks ago. I see some bugs with advanced enemy area questlines, but I am pretty sure they will get these up to speed.

There are some bugs with WQs, one of the dungeons gone psycho with graphics glitches, Azerite interface is still temporary, Artifact Knowledge and Azerite Reforging is not in yet, but the rest main chunk of content - world and dungeons seem to be fine or at least playable if still having some rough edges, just like it was with Legion Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    were it up to me, it'd be worth the effort because i'd say it would be worth the effort. it would be done, because i would force it to be.

you're too quick to let the rich tell you anything, any excuse to not become less rich. too many people eat up the lies of corporations.
    And your company would go under rather quickly because of it.

I'm not letting the rich tell me anything. I actually need to deal with this kind of decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Kakapo model still doesn't seem to be hooked up to anything in the files. Sort of hoping they'll be making it a charity pet supporting Kakapo recovery.
    It needs to be a hat TBH.

That is.. like.. the ugliest owl ever oO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I mean BFA has like 3 months left and its current state (outside of class design, which will be completed before 8.0 is publicly out) is mostly pretty irrelevant to the 8.0 PTR.
    BFA beta has 2 months left, they don't really test anything once the prepatch hits live serves which will be mid July at this point.

Thanks for the detailed explanations regarding azerite / items yesterday.

It's a strange feeling. I mean, you all know that I have been very critical of what Blizzard are doing with WoW. I think they do less and less and the things they do get grindier and more tedious and less interesting, and this has been going on since end of MoP and, in my opinion, this has been the main reason the game is declining in mindshare and players. You all know that I never thought highly of BFA, from the very announcement I was saying that it looks feature-dry, unimpressive, uncreative and low-effort to me.

And even with all that, even with me being very much skeptical of BFA, I cannot help but notice that the bits of info from the beta don't just fail to demonstrate that things are better than I think they are, they actually make things seem worse than anticipated. And I cannot help but notice that come BFA, I might not be the harshest critic any longer, not even top 100, not even top 5,000. I mean, I refrain from talking too much about things I don't completely understand, I try to first understand what they are, so I am not going to criticize BFA until I personally touch the systems. But from how it looks right now, I guess my potential critique is going to drown in the seaslide of disappointment. Save for the zones, nothing at all seems good. Quite a bit of stuff gets removed, that's the new standard way of addressing issues, whether real or perceived. Nothing seems finished. What's half-finished seems like it has big flaws. And that's with their plans for the expansion being completely unambitious: basically, just repeat what Legion did with new scenery and change a couple of things! And they have precious little time left until the release. The pre-patch is in 7 weeks or so.

Like I say, it's a strange feeling. It looks like BFA will come and more or less end after a month or two, with big outrages, lots of people being disappointed and if not downright leaving, then just going numb to big parts of the game and moving to just going through the motions every week hoping for hell knows what.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-05-20 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    gj on repeating what i said thumbsup

But the topic isnt prepatch itself, its the artifact closure quests.
    it will be both. there arent 2 patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is.. like.. the ugliest owl ever oO.
    That's because it is a kind of parrot.

Something like Pepe?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    it will be both. there arent 2 patches.
    Dude, we are talking about 7.3.5 silithus content that has been datamined but is still locked. It does not require a patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw silly question but what do you all think they will do with Legion legendaries? Will they let us vendor them? They take so much bank space!
    Void storage them imho.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Would be nice if they were turned into heirlooms tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    also i assume blizzard is not gonna adress the issue of power creep?

Like i know "game is an mmo" and all the fuzz, but being the chosen heir of ashbringer and the most chad of all paladins i dont know why i cant cleanse the plague lands by myself and with some of my member of my order.

I also not gonna be exited for some random ass mace. I have no problem if blizzard wants go to the route of us being the hero but they atleast should be consistent with it.
    We lose artifacts and the "powers", its one of the topics we are discussing here. 7.3.5 contains quests/event/cinematic where the leaders use artifacts to deal with the sword in in silithus and the artifacts get unstable.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know we lose the artifact, doesnt mean that i am not one if not the mightiest paladins in the world currently etablished by blizzard, with or without ashbringer.

So the answer is no, blizzard just gonna lul who cares. Best rpg ever
    Gameplay mechanics, you answered your own question, don't get mad at the results.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I am worried at the LACK of power creep. BfA seems to have a slower power curve and that together with the item squish makes me thing it won't be as easy as I'd have hoped to solo Legion content
    He meant in a lore sense. We'll get high numbers again, just a matter of time.

stop quoting me please if possible. you irratate the fuck out me with your combination of not reading posts, nor context, and then ignoring posts when you realize you talking nonsense and dissapear.

Nobody forced blizzard to write Legion the way they did, it was their choice. I know maybe its to hard understand for you if you think blizzard is the bestest game dev ever in the world but you can handle gameplay and stroy segretation better
    Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. You are doing it of your own volition. Again you always have to consider gameplay mechanics are a step higher in lore. It's not a hard thing to think and just stop with thinking I never criticize Blizzard...ever because that's just blatantly false.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I know we lose the artifact, doesnt mean that i am not one if not the mightiest paladins in the world currently etablished by blizzard, with or without ashbringer.

So the answer is no, blizzard just gonna lul who cares. Best rpg ever
    I do remember them saying that the story of BfA is meant to address the fact that the PC is among the most powerful being running around the world, and what impact that has on the world in general.

There's a simple answer to your question, though. You're one person in one place. The world is large. You can't be everywhere. Even if you're unbeatable, your opponents can still affect the parts of the world you're not in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody forced blizzard to write Legion the way they did, it was their choice. I know maybe its to hard understand for you if you think blizzard is the bestest game dev ever in the world but you can handle gameplay and stroy segretation better
    Chill your tits, you are literally carried on hands of Alliance and Horde on BfA intro as a great and amazing faction emissary and by 15 hours in you are the great and mighty champion of Kul'Tiras or Zandalar who single-handily saved either of the kingdoms from certain doom. Not to mention being chosen as the most exalted Champion of Fuzzyroth!

So don't worry, Blizz will be jerking off your greatness since the first moment you are in BfA, your majesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He meant in a lore sense. We'll get high numbers again, just a matter of time.
    That much is guaranteed anyway. And it has to happen as well, or we'd have no progression at all.

It's funny seeing the people with pseudo-meganumerophobia* thinking Blizzard would for some reason not let the numbers grow again, even though they made absolutely no effort to change that part of the game and in fact specificially designed the squishes such that it stays intact for current content.

*Explicitly excluding actual sufferers of phobia. Been there, know how much that sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    As they should be!
    Now if only they could call me Highlord instead of Champion. Champion is so . . . generic.
    The puny mortals around you don't dare to utter your holy title in fear of incurring your divine wrath, that's respect!

- - - Updated - - -

are you an imbecile? Not only you demonstrated not understanding what i was talking about that what you write doesnt make sense.
    I used words, I know it can be hard for some, but if you try - real hard - you will be able to get through those. I'll give you an apple if you manage to do it!