Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    best point, when the 2nd amendment was created we didn't have a police force or standing army.
    So every home that had a musket that had no proper training other than their parents/guardians means??? I mean shit they just walked into a store and bought the damn things anyone could.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I mean Oliver North WOULD be pretty well-versed in drugs being tied to arms dealing, after all...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Wow, I've seen stupidity and ignorance, but they pale in comparison to the level this post portrays (the article, not Genn posting it). Incredible.

Are we going to argue that coffee creates killers too now? I mean, it's a stimulant, obviously mass murderers drank too much coffee that day and decided to go on a murder spree. Better ban it, too.

I've seen people try to blame random things since they don't want to deal with the core problems, but this is above and beyond the most ridiculous trite I've ever seen posted in an article, and that's saying a lot. (Though, I normally avoid these kinds of articles to be fair; I'm sure there are worse cases I simply haven't been subjected to yet, and the thought disturbs me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Right, good job NRA, come blaming everything but the actual problem.
    Guns don't kill people, NRA members do.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Guns don't kill people, NRA members do.
    really? except not... none of these mass murders have ever been an nra member, in fact its usually white democrats

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    If a mentally deranged person wants to kill a bunch of people in Australia. Their only options off the top of my head are with a car and mowing people down in a crowded place.

These days for special events barricades are set up to stop this exact thing.

Sure I guess they could try going to the school and throwing hot coffee on people to kill them - not exactly effective. Or you could just stabbing multiple people to death. Not effective either.

How do you not understand that it is the EASE of access to guns that makes these things possible?

Also just a bonus tidbit - Is coffee designed to kill people?

Nope. But guns are.
    The article focused on Ritalin. If you want to blame guns, that is something I disagree with personally, but at least the guns enable people to kill people, Ritalin (lol) does not. Ritalin isn't crystal meth; it doesn't cause its user to lose their mind and randomly decide to go on a murder spree, and this is literally the first time I've ever seen it blamed as the primary reason behind school violence.

It's not to say I agree with your post, but in your post you at least try to find a logical reason why these things happen.

I'll add that I've seen people with knives cause temporary lockdowns in colleges. Sounds crazy, but it's not quite as crazy as you'd think. And these are real life situations (IE, I've seen them happen), not figurative ones.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Wow, I've seen stupidity and ignorance, but they pale in comparison to the level this post portrays (the article, not Genn posting it). Incredible.

Are we going to argue that coffee creates killers too now? I mean, it's a stimulant, obviously mass murderers drank too much coffee that day and decided to go on a murder spree. Better ban it, too.

I've seen people try to blame random things since they don't want to deal with the core problems, but this is above and beyond the most ridiculous trite I've ever seen posted in an article, and that's saying a lot. (Though, I normally avoid these kinds of articles to be fair; I'm sure there are worse cases I simply haven't been subjected to yet, and the thought disturbs me.)
    They used to blame music, those were the days...

I must say though, with over 300 million guns in the US, the gun violence isn't as bad as people think.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    They used to blame music, those were the days...

I must say though, with over 300 million guns in the US, the gun violence isn't as bad as people think.
    I think I remember that actually. People acted like listening to hard rock was the reason why people felt like murdering or something? It's been so long that I can't even quite recall the context. Heh, thanks for reminding me of that, maybe this article isn't the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard after all.

I think I remember that actually. People acted like listening to hard rock was the reason why people felt like murdering or something? It's been so long that I can't even quite recall the context. Heh, thanks for reminding me of that, maybe this article isn't the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard after all.
    Both murdering and suicide (backward music messages).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know a dude with a knife can cause a lockdown. But he can't literally press 1 finger on a trigger and fire semi-automatic rounds into a library crowd of people and kill 10+ people.

I didn't read the article. I've just seen the MURICAAAAA guns circjerk going on in this thread.

Same old tired excuses when you literally had another mass shooting a couple of days ago.
    Speaking of old and tired excuses "MURICAAAAA guns circjerk" is one of them.

Over 300 million Americans, and over 300 million guns in America.

https://everytownresearch.org/gun-vi...y-the-numbers/

Less than 100 people a day? Vehicle accidents kill over 3,000 people a day yet there is less cars than guns...

Quote Originally Posted by misterpuk View Post
    Except violent crime is on the rise in the UK and Austrailia. Great model they have going. You'll get raped by refugees, stabbed to death, or just blown the hell up instead.
    If only there were a tool effective enough to ward of criminals.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ise-in-violent

https://tenplay.com.au/news/national...ime-and-murder

- - - Updated - - -

You were saying?

I'm sure that in those dying town in the Deep South, you need dozens of guns to ''defend yourself for being raped by refugees''. But the guy who told you that on YouTube had a HUUUUGE CSA flag and a very big gun, so what he says must be true !

If a rat on YouTube told you that you need to fire ammo at the sun to prevent the LIBURALS KOMMUNISTS JEWS to turn you gay, would you do it ? If you don't do it, Ben Shapiro might appears in your dream and tell you are becoming gay !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra88 View Post
    really? except not... none of these mass murders have ever been an nra member, in fact its usually white democrats
    Of course. The agitprop sites told you that, so it must be true. When your head rat Alex Jones stop squeaking that there are no murders, he start squeaking that those are DEMUKRATS and you all believe him-a good little MAGAboy like Dylan-Nazi-Licker-Roofe is obviously a LIBURAL DEEP AGENT, and good incel vermin like the Texas guy are also DEMUKRATS.

- - - Updated - - -

The article focused on Ritalin. If you want to blame guns, that is something I disagree with personally, but at least the guns enable people to kill people, Ritalin (lol) does not. Ritalin isn't crystal meth; it doesn't cause its user to lose their mind and randomly decide to go on a murder spree, and this is literally the first time I've ever seen it blamed as the primary reason behind school violence.

It's not to say I agree with your post, but in your post you at least try to find a logical reason why these things happen.

I'll add that I've seen people with knives cause temporary lockdowns in colleges. Sounds crazy, but it's not quite as crazy as you'd think. And these are real life situations (IE, I've seen them happen), not figurative ones.
    Alex Jones and oher agitprop peddlers hate actual medication that work-if someone took it, they would not listen to them and buy their ''manhood protection pills''

Factoid: There has never been a gun shooting that didn't involve a gun.

Change my mind.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Ahhh yes the "other inanimate object" excuse.

Cars are regulated - far more than guns. They also aren't designed to kill people.

They're also a means of transportation and are integral to every day life.

Guns are not and are means to kill people. Last time I checked, killing people was not everyday life.

See how your example is moronic?
    But if a kid steals a car and plows into people, what did all those regulations do?

But if a kid steals a car and plows into people, what did all those regulations do?
    I know it does not get in your very thick skulls, but oddly enough, Canada, where virtually no one carry a gun while doing normal activities, does not have the tenth of US gun violence. I know that you are brainwashed into believing that if there are not dozens of self deluded maniacs stroking energically their guns in front of a public building, it''s ''a gun free zone'' that is an open target for good little rats like Dylan Roofe, but it does not happen. The latest incel vermin struck a school in TEXAS with two armed guards.

While I don't agree with the NRA in general, most people in the USA had guns fro 300ish years without this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I know it does not get in your very thick skulls, but oddly enough, Canada, where virtually no one carry a gun while doing normal activities, does not have the tenth of US gun violence. I know that you are brainwashed into believing that if there are not dozens of self deluded maniacs stroking energically their guns in front of a public building, it''s ''a gun free zone'' that is an open target for good little rats like Dylan Roofe, but it does not happen. The latest incel vermin struck a school in TEXAS with two armed guards.
    36M people vs 320M people, you don't say...

Both murdering and suicide (backward music messages).
    Oh yeah, definitely seen it applied more towards suicide. And I know about the backwards music stuff too, heh.

As you seem to have a reading comprehension issue - cars are not designed to kill people.

When a crazy person wakes up and thinks. I am going to kill some people at my school today.
    Over 300 million guns in the US, once a week a crazy person gets out of bed and steals his idiot parents guns, and goes on a shooting spree at school.

Guns where made to protect, just like cars were made to drive, just because they kill people doesn't mean that is the reason why they were invented.

people doesn't mean that is the reason why they were invented.
    While I do agree they have different uses they were invented for killing whether it be an animal or a person.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Alex Jones and oher agitprop peddlers hate actual medication that work-if someone took it, they would not listen to them and buy their ''manhood protection pills''
    I'm not entirely certain who Alex Jones is. While I'm probably better off not knowing, what's the context of this response? I know some people obsess against usage of legitimate medicine in general because they feel it's just ... bad, I guess? Is that one of those cases? Is that what the article in question is trying to do in the first place?

Just curious about the context, here.

36M people vs 320M people, you don't say...
    It's amazing dude, but people with very complex SJW skills have managed decades ago to develop a thing called a RATIO or a PERCENTAGE, that allow to apply numbers to different country. For instance, completely flabergasting stuff since you can't take a gun and shoot at it, but if 300 people die in Canada and 3000 die in the US, that's equivalent...