Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinwoods View Post
    Look at the BfA situation. So many people pre-ordered on day one, it crashed the servers.

Now the devs and more importantly, Activision, has your money.

People asking for changes and class issues are going through deaf ears.

This is why you never pre-order anything digital, once they have your money, jobs done.

They are probably cracking beers right now because the game is already "done".

But you'll never get that through the thick skulls of the Blizz fanbois.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    But you'll never get that through the thick skulls of the Blizz fanbois.
    Oh look, is this the fabled special breed of "fanboy", whom sticks around to bitch and whine about a game he can't move away from despite evidently hating it!?

So nothing has changed, at all, since the advent of pre ordering?

OK.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    People who are pre-ordering WoW expansions is one of the few occasions where I think it is justified to put faith in a company. Blizzard has obviously earned the trust of the pre-ordering customers, and it's a safe bet to say that BfA is worth a shot at least.
    I consider it meaningless to pre-order a game from a company I've never seen or has the fame to disregard their customers, but Blizzard is fine.
    Pretty much, I think that Blizzard are one of the only companies that I will pre order from, since I know that 95% of the time you are getting your monies worth.. Though the only hiccup that they have had was WoD, but eventually everyone will make a mistake it was just that it happened to be WoD..

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Oh look, is this the fabled special breed of "fanboy", whom sticks around to bitch and whine about a game he can't move away from despite evidently hating it!?

Not paying a sub for months on end and only F2P 20's on occasion (if at all) is not what I'd call "sticking around".

Now you run along and quit pulling assumptions out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Pretty much, I think that Blizzard are one of the only companies that I will pre order from, since I know that 95% of the time you are getting your monies worth.. Though the only hiccup that they have had was WoD, but eventually everyone will make a mistake it was just that it happened to be WoD..
    Agreed.

WoW especially doesn't function through the "logic" of the OP. They want us to buy expansions for sure, but they make far FAR more money from players logging in and staying subbed, buying services etc. They also report MAU these days, so they want to have positive numbers in that metric rather than just "we have this many subs" or "we sold this many copies of the expansion".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Not paying a sub for months on end and only F2P 20's on occasion (if at all) is not what I'd call "sticking around".

Now you run along and quit pulling assumptions out of your ass.
    You are sticking around though, you're not moving on in any shape or form despite not even having money invested in the title.

So my point stands.

Blizzard is not Activision.

Until you kids learn that, one can't rightly take you seriously.
    Not sure what you're getting at but we can't take Blizzard seriously either.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Not sure what you're getting at but we can't take Blizzard seriously either.
    ... We can't?

That's an odd thing to say... I'm intrigued to learn exactly how a company such as Blizzard, can't be "taken seriously".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-05-21 at 03:54 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'm never pre-ordering a WoW expansion again purely because they pulled a pretty sneaky fucking move making it so unlocking allied races means you can't be refunded for BFA anymore, even when the game is still months away.
    Reading disclaimers is hard.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Wow makes money from subscriptions as well. So that would be hideously short sighted of them. And while I would normally agree with you... Have you seen that horde raptor mount?

Look at the BfA situation. So many people pre-ordered on day one, it crashed the servers.

Now the devs and more importantly, Activision, has your money.

This is why you never pre-order anything digital, once they have your money, jobs done.

They are probably cracking beers right now because the game is already "done".
    TRUE, only thing they did with classes in bfa is pruning and dumbing down the class

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I'm never pre-ordering a WoW expansion again purely because they pulled a pretty sneaky fucking move making it so unlocking allied races means you can't be refunded for BFA anymore, even when the game is still months away.
    Where was it sneaky?

It's right there on the app. Not to mention the requirements listed for unlocking them was datamined from December PTR builds that were posted all over the place.

They even mentioned at Blizzcon there may be some requirement and PTR builds showed there was.

It's not Blizzards fault people are incapable of reading before rushing into a purchase.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-21 at 04:03 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Man I think it's hilarious that there's never been more options to do stuff in this game, yet people bitch more and more about lack of content. Once upon a time, a new expansion meant 10 new levels with new question zones, 3 tiers of raids, and maybe an endgame daily questing zone added near the end of the expansion.
    Like Legion, Lvl 100-110, Emerald Dream/Tomb/Antorus/Nighthold, Antorus zone for end of expansion questing?

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    To be fair, even WoD was worth its money. The first month of playtime was amazing for most people. Nearly everything after that? Not so much, but that was subscription money, not expansion money.

Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    that would be pretty short sighted of them for a subscription based product
    They don't care about subscription anymore. WoD proved that no matter how shit WoW will become its still will have enough players to keep the game alive.

On topic - People who pre order... well I believe they cancer of current gaming industry. Thanks to them companies used to fast cash grab by spending more time and money on game's marketing that the game's quality. In the end if game/expansions turn out shit you should know - you also put the hand to it and responsible.

I'm never pre order. Usually I pirate the game first. Try it out. If game is decent and good made I buy it even if I don't like it.
    Last edited by Wildstars; 2018-05-21 at 04:06 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed.

WoW especially doesn't function through the "logic" of the OP. They want us to buy expansions for sure, but they make far FAR more money from players logging in and staying subbed, buying services etc. They also report MAU these days, so they want to have positive numbers in that metric rather than just "we have this many subs" or "we sold this many copies of the expansion".
    Yup pretty much, what can never understand why there are those out their trying to dictate how others spend their own money.. Pretty much those like the OP should mind their own business when it comes to things like this..

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Like Legion, Lvl 100-110, Emerald Dream/Tomb/Antorus/Nighthold, Antorus zone for end of expansion questing?
    Suramar
    Mythic+
    World Quests
    Broken Shore
    Artifacts

Overlooking things is fun, right?

I only preorder if I know I'm going to enjoy the game regardless of what changes happen in the time between me spending my money vs. when the game is on my computer. I will find a way to enjoy BfA no matter what, so I give them my money!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suramar
    Mythic+
    World Quests
    Broken Shore
    Artifacts

Overlooking things is fun, right?
    I forgot the quote I was replying to listing the things that other expansions had. 10 lvls, 3 raids, one late-expansion quest hub. Wasn't making an all inclusive list showing that Legion had a lot of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    . In the end if game/expansions turn out shit you should know - you also put the hand to it and responsible.
    For new games? Fair enough, I never pre-order new titles.
    For WoW expansions? Fuck no. I'll 100% hold Blizzard responsible for putting out lackluster expansions.