Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    So you want to play as a Nightfallen. I'd be curious how the lore would work out to explain them though; just as simple as refugees in shal'aran who haven't been given acandor fruit yet? Or maybe some who outright refused?
    Nah, he probably meant PC nightborne models, fem models in particular, they're quite different from NPC models. It's not about animations.

For instance, NPC female models have thicker more muscular thighs, different shoulder to waist ratio, different faces, more skin colour options, and so on. So there's ways to improve PC fem models by adding more face options w/ squinty eyes, 2 skin colour options that aren't available to PC nightborne, etc. Obv, it's too late to fix their thigh/leg circumference... or nah? o_O

And PC male models are just a mess
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-05-21 at 01:29 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ogres definitely, the Taunka would also be interesting.

Ogres and High Elves were probably most anticipated races since TBC.

Of course did vote for ogre.

Fuck you blizz for that void elves/nightfallen bullshit.

After all that has come out in the last months, this is what i wish for the upcoming unannounced allied races (my favorites with bold):

ALLIANCE

- Saberon
    - Sethrak

- Mechagnome
    - Jinyu
    - High Elf (next expansion)
    - Wildhammer dwarves (next expansion)
    - Redeemed Forsaken

HORDE

- Vulpera
    - San'layn

- Ogre
    - Mok'nathal
    - Hozen
    - Mogu
    - Naga (Naga form / Highborne form shapeshifters for mounting and transmog)
    - Undead Elves like Dark Rangers or high elven undead (next expansion)
    - Raventusk / Forest Trolls (next expansion)
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-05-21 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    reminder that if you didn't vote ogre, you are not true horde
    Not everyone who are Horde is fawn of playing a fat dim-witted ogre. Mok'Nathal are a better choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Well if even Bioware could handled with creating female Krogan and Turians Blizzard can do female Ogres.
    Dude, the female Krogan is just a regular Krogan model with a veil over her mouth and a female voice. That's not handling it, that's just lazy covering. So you want Blizz to just use the male model of the ogre, give it bigger man boobs and a veil and call it a female ogre?
    Last edited by The BrewCity Monk; 2018-05-21 at 02:24 PM.
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Not everyone who are Horde is fawn of playing a fat dim-witted ogre. Mok'Nathal are a better choice.
    I would take either Ogre or Mok'Nathal, both are awesome.

Having said that I think the pendulum is somewhat in favour of Mok'Nathal, given that it Rexxar's reskin points to Blizzard being able to reuse the Kul Tiran model and part of the attraction of Allied Races for Blizzard is that it allows them to reuse existing assets.

Ogres would have to use a brand new model I imagine, and that has to be a mark against them right now.

In regards to the rest...

I would also like to see Vulpera join the Horde, they seem like a really good fit and they definitely have a fanbase. However, their issue remains that they use the current Goblin rig and that is due an upgrade in BFA at some point. Maybe after the Goblins get their update we can take another look at Vulpera.

San'layn I can see the coolness factor, but I also feel there are just too many elves in the game. I won't be upset if San'layn are added but they are not something I woulda actively seek.

I have no strong opinions on the other suggestions.

My choices...

Mok'Nathal - Rather have a half ogre/orc race then a full shit-brained ogre.
    Vulpera - Don't care what anyone say about them, at least they're not Gnomes!
    Vrykul (Northernd) - They're half-giants, but nothing saying that they're half-humans. Humans may came from them but there are many Vrykuls that still find humans weak and ugly. Wouldn't put it pass me if Blizz give the Horde the Vrykul. Plus, it'll be a great choice for Horde players to have a human-like race thats not the Forsaken or a ass pull human race.
    San'layn - As long as Blizz make them like with the bat ears version, I'm fine with them.
    Mogu - A better choice then the poop flinging Hozen. And I see Hozen only as a NPC race and nothing more.
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd play a Rexxar

Since we get the Zandalari and every troll tribe (except blood) is more or less their bitches. I'd say the Horde can get every other species of troll. Amani, Drakkari, Farakki.

Allied race - Vampelves

Proper full race - Ogres.

Why ruin ogres by making them an Allied Race instead of a proper race?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    i would thumb up this if possible
    also nathanos like undead...all i care are undeads
    The San'layn are wicked and I would love to see that happen!
    Also the Vrykul seems like a right fii for the horde at this point.

Ogres for the Horde, because they deserved it from the start.
    Vulpera for the Horde, we need some "cute" races on both sides

Sethrak, Arakkoa, Saberion for the Alliance, they need more than Worgen as a "savage" race.
    Wildhammer Dwarves, Hogh Elves for the Alliance, so the f*cking discussions can finally stop ...

If the Alliance receives Holy Forsaken as a new Allied race then that means the Horde needs a swapped Alliance race to mirror the Holy Forsaken. It also has to be a race that hasn't yielded an Allied race already.

That leaves us with Worgen and Gnomes.

So I guess the Horde could possibly have Lepper Gnomes, but who would want that.

What if for *insert new lore reason here* a new race has contracted the Worgen curse and Sylvanas figures out a way to regain their senses. Than bam, the Horde gets worgen. Maybe during the burning of Teldrassil a group of orcs contracted the curse while fighting the Gilneans who were in Darnassus. Now we got Orc Worgen, would look interesting I'm sure.

That leaves us with Golbins and Gnomes. Maybe in a future patch we'll get gilgoblins and lepper gnomes / mechagnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    Ogres for the Horde, because they deserved it from the start.
    Vulpera for the Horde, we need some "cute" races on both sides

Sethrak, Arakkoa, Saberion for the Alliance, they need more than Worgen as a "savage" race.
    Wildhammer Dwarves, Hogh Elves for the Alliance, so the f*cking discussions can finally stop ...
    This isn’t a discussion about alliance races, so there’s no reason for any conjecture about them.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Ogres.

Secondly, Vrykul and Blood Trolls.

Vrykul could easily work as a "shared" race ala-pandaren.
    They just want to fight, doesnt matter for which side.
    Some will value the blood ties with Alliance, some will value the warmongering of the Horde.

I dont get why Vulpera are that popular tbh.
    They are just furry Goblins with zero importance to the history of wow and have zero lore themselves.

and the Tortollan are kinda disturbing, i cant stand watching those "toe-nails" that stick out of every part of their body. like wtf.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-05-21 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Proper full race - Ogres.

Why ruin ogres by making them an Allied Race instead of a proper race?
    I was thinking this way mostly about Ethereals, Mogu, and Naga till this time, who are in my opinion kind of to big to get just allied, but You might have a point. Ogres might in fact deserve full implementation too.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Nightfallen
    Those are my biggest disappointment. When their model was shown up for the first time - I just fall in love with them. Stayed watching their animations with a sighs.

I in fact had fanmade idea of their return - as they are perfectly suited for underground theme expansion. Let's say - there was more Suramar exiles during ages, that we know, and some of them go seeking for new power sources underground... What could they find?

Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    I was thinking this way mostly about Ethereals, Mogu, and Naga till this time, who are in my opinion kind of to big to get just allied, but You might have a point. Ogres might in fact deserve full implementation too.

Those are my biggest disappointment. When their model was shown up for the first time - I just fall in love with them. Stayed watching their animations with a sighs.

I in fact had fanmade idea of their return - as they are perfectly suited for underground theme expansion. Let's say - there was more Suramar exiles during ages, that we know, and some of them go seeking for new power sources underground... What could they find?
    Ogres need a separate model with a unique skeleton and animations (well technically they exist), not some "adaptation' from an existing race. If we are talking about allied races then the ones that make most sense are the Vampelves because they take a familiar concept, original to WoW and are fairly established as a "race" already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
    Undead elves, mostly because it would royally piss off everyone who's salty over how many elves there already are.
    I'll admit, I don't want more elves, but undead elves sounds really nice. As long as they aren't San'layn.

OT: I'd like Ogres or Half-ogres that look like Rexxar. Other than that, I don't know.

Red Orcs
    What I've wanted all along.

And I think Arakkoa would be dark and interesting to play.
    Last edited by unclecreepy; 2018-05-21 at 06:57 PM.