Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    A VERY significant amount of the playerbase plays for transmog
    Maybe on Proudmoore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's the latter.

Their post history says more than enough.

They are just trying to cause drama among a topic that doesn't need it. Nothing more.
    Yes, yes it does need drama.

Otherwise we will have transmog in Classic Servers -___-

Transmog like LFR isnt going anywhere!

If dick waving your little todger is your thing then maybe you should be going for titles or mounts cause the days when people fawned over your brand new braces is long gone.

Nobody is impressed by gear anymore unless you go into a 5 man and utterly destroy in recount DPS meters if that is your thing.

Iam way too old now for a ego boost from some nub fawning over my gear and tbh i tmog my gear to my Hunter MoP chally gear anyway.

op is under the impression that other people actually care that he raids. No one cares. Just like no one cares what your ilvl is either. This would be like a man in Saudi Arabia complaining about the fact women can drive now because he felt more special knowing they couldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    It triggers me because we lost something beautiful along the way.
    Nothing of any sort of real value was lost.

Walking around the world WATCHING other people and visually seeing them wearing their achievements.
    Constant information just by looking at other people.
    Want to see their achievements? Look at their achievements' window.

Tongue-in-cheek aside, if someone wants to "wear their achievements", they can. But I imagine most people don't want to walk around with mismatched armor graphics. Plus some other people would prefer to look like the set they like the most. I, for example, think that the Monk's LFR tier 14 was the best monk gear, with tier 18 coming a close second.

People in the past didn't "wear their achievements" because they wanted to. The vast majority looked weird with mismatched armor. At worst, they looked like clowns. To the point that some people had a separate gear set they'd wear when in cities (usually from past raid/dungeon instances they cleared and completed) just so their gear set matched.

Nowadays we have loot addons like 'AtlasLoot', which can list almost every single piece of gear available in the game, and you can easily 'control+left-click' to see its graphics on your character. Also the game itself has a loot window for all bosses in the dungeon journal. Again, 'control+left-click'. You can also do that on a player's character pane when you inspect them. Control+left-click and you can see the original graphic of a given piece of gear on your character.

The wonderful feeling of starting our adventure looking like a peasant and progressively working towards an entire tier set (at least in Wrath of the Lich King)
    It doesn't matter if this is your first character, or if you have an alt that has cleared every single raid difficulty (including mythic) and collected every single piece of gear available to them. Your low-level character cannot transmog a piece of armor that is not available at its level. You won't see level 35 warriors going around with T2 or T3 armor graphics. You won't see a level 55 paladin wielding Taeshalach graphics.

im really passioante about those times.
    Is not nostalgia! No way, dont even try pulling that card on me.
    Denial is not a river in Egypt.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

5+ Year Old Account
    Boo this man, transmog literally is a choice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Tongue-in-cheek aside, if someone wants to "wear their achievements", they can. But I imagine most people don't want to walk around with mismatched armor graphics. Plus some other people would prefer to look like the set they like the most. I, for example, think that the Monk's LFR tier 14 was the best monk gear, with tier 18 coming a close second.

People in the past didn't "wear their achievements" because they wanted to. The vast majority looked weird with mismatched armor. At worst, they looked like clowns. To the point that some people had a separate gear set they'd wear when in cities (usually from past raid/dungeon instances they cleared and completed) just so their gear set matched.

Nowadays we have loot addons like 'AtlasLoot', which can list almost every single piece of gear available in the game, and you can easily 'control+left-click' to see its graphics on your character. Also the game itself has a loot window for all bosses in the dungeon journal. Again, 'control+left-click'. You can also do that on a player's character pane when you inspect them. Control+left-click and you can see the original graphic of a given piece of gear on your character.

It doesn't matter if this is your first character, or if you have an alt that has cleared every single raid difficulty (including mythic) and collected every single piece of gear available to them. Your low-level character cannot transmog a piece of armor that is not available at its level. You won't see level 35 warriors going around with T2 or T3 armor graphics. You won't see a level 55 paladin wielding Taeshalach graphics.

So you want me to click and inspect every single person i come across with a sweet transmog?
    You are comparing "clicking and inspecting" to "literally just open your eyes and watch other people".
    Which one seems more intuitive to you in design?

And your argument is that a level 55 Warrior cant wear Tier sets? REALLY? Are we resorting to this?
    What does a low level matter in this scenario where almost every single person in game sits at max level and plays at least for 3 years or more.
    Every single person on MMO-C says the majority of players are long time players. What does the low levels matter in this scenario?

The best system for me would be the "Blade & Soul system"
    Where there is only a chest piece.
    Thats it.
    There is a "chest piece" whitch gives you an entire look and no one in the game has mismatched gear.
    The only problem is that "skins" exist in that game...i think.

So the perfect game for me would be
    1-no transmog (everyone is wearing their achievements)
    2-Just a chest piece (no one in tha game has mismatched gear)
    3-No skins

And this is my opinion Ilenia, im sorry if my opinion troubles you...i just hope we dont get transmog in Classic Servers, thats the only reason why i am here.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-05-21 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Blizzard is putting so much effort into the new weapon and armor models for Uldir (along with much of the past content that has came out). All this effort and time is being put into something that majority of players will simple transmog into something else. This kills the dignity and value that was associated behind having a complete set.

Back in classic/BC/wrath/early cata, raiding came with many rewards and one of the more essential aspects to this reward was wearing a full matching set of gear from the latest raid tier. Raids offered not only a character stat reward but also a universal cosmetic reward too. By adding transmog into the game during cata, you're essentially killing motivation for players to pursue any higher level content as someone with all greens could have any appearance he pleases. This is essentially why mythic(old heroic) participation has declined drastically.

Now transmog shouldn't be removed per say, it should simply have a variety of restrictions to it. Something like you need a piece of gear from the current raid in order to transmog that piece into a piece of gear from a previous raid as it doesn't make sense for a player who doesn't raid to have transmogged gear from a raid. There is simply no rational logic in that.
    Take it from someone who remembers what we used to look like before mogging...NO!!! Mogging is one of the best things Blizz did.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Blizzard is putting so much effort into the new weapon and armor models for Uldir (along with much of the past content that has came out). All this effort and time is being put into something that majority of players will simple transmog into something else. This kills the dignity and value that was associated behind having a complete set.

Back in classic/BC/wrath/early cata, raiding came with many rewards and one of the more essential aspects to this reward was wearing a full matching set of gear from the latest raid tier. Raids offered not only a character stat reward but also a universal cosmetic reward too. By adding transmog into the game during cata, you're essentially killing motivation for players to pursue any higher level content as someone with all greens could have any appearance he pleases. This is essentially why mythic(old heroic) participation has declined drastically.

Now transmog shouldn't be removed per say, it should simply have a variety of restrictions to it. Something like you need a piece of gear from the current raid in order to transmog that piece into a piece of gear from a previous raid as it doesn't make sense for a player who doesn't raid to have transmogged gear from a raid. There is simply no rational logic in that.
    The issue is.. not everyone has the same taste in aesthetics. What some person might love as a weapon, another might not. I remember in LK how some of my Guild mates though I was odd for not liking this weapons look, or that weapons look. It came down to... I didn't like the fact that it weapon (a) looked like a Block of stone hewed into a rough edge that you could barely call a "Cutting Edge". I Transmog my weapons to at least look like Weapons that would actually do what they are intended to. This means my Swords and daggers are Sharp, as are axes. That said... I don't instantly transmog a weapon I get unless I don't like the look of it. Quite often I challenged myself to make a Transmog that works with specific weapons, if I like them.

TL;DR Transmog and aesthetics are personal tastes... not everyone shares them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want me to click and inspect every single person i come across with a sweet transmog?
    You are comparing "clicking and inspecting" to "literally just open your eyes and watch other people".
    Which one seems more intuitive to you in design?
    You'd be doing that anyways if you want to: a) see the item's stats; and/or b) find out the item name to find out what boss in what raid instance that piece of gear drops from.

And your argument is that a level 55 Warrior cant wear Tier sets? REALLY? Are we resorting to this?
    What does a low level matter in this scenario where almost every single person in game sits at max level and plays at least for 3 years or more.
    Every single person on MMO-C says the majority of players are long time players. What does the low levels matter in this scenario?
    Your argument began with "looking like a peasant". You do. You can't use transmog graphics from gear pieces that originally require a higher character level than you have. Hence, you won't see level 30 warriors with Tier 3 graphics, and you won't see level 55 paladins with Taeshalach sword graphics.

The best system for me would be the "Blade & Soul system"
    Where there is only a chest piece.
    Thats it.
    There is a "chest piece" whitch gives you an entire look and no one in the game has mismatched gear.
    The only problem is that "skins" exist in that game...i think.

So the perfect game for me would be
    1-no transmog (everyone is wearing their achievements)
    2-Just a chest piece (no one in tha game has mismatched gear)
    3-No skins
    So basically eliminate one of the cornerstones of online role-playing games, and make everyone look the same? What's next, eliminate the character generation too, and just pick your race and gender? Maybe not even that, just your class?

And this is my opinion Ilenia, im sorry if my opinion troubles you...i just hope we dont get trasnmog in Classic Servers, thats the only reason why i am here.
    Being "your opinion" doesn't exempt it from criticism. Especially if you're trying to use your opinion to convince others and/or garner support. Also, if your concern is about transmog in the classic servers, you're in the wrong sub-forum. The Classic WoW general discussion is that way.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Well obviously the OP has only played WOD forward. I hated going around Shattrath with a blue helm, pink chest, yellow gloves, gray pants, red boots, purple shield and red weapon before tier. Tier was harder to get back then.
    Aww man. The BC-era clownsuit. I had almost forgotten. Thank you for that reminder of fond yesteryear, my friend. /thumbsup
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    How else do I become a draenei warlock
    https://imgur.com/CXQIODl

Deleted
    So basically eliminate one of the cornerstones of online role-playing games, and make everyone look the same? What's next, eliminate the character generation too, and just pick your race and gender? Maybe not even that, just your class?
    You mean, how WoW was for 7 years with top subscriber numbers?
    The cornerstones of online role-playing games had no transmog and everyone looked the same.
    The game reached its peak without transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cornerstones of online role-playing games had no transmog and everyone looked the same.
    transmog had nothing todo that wotlk had high subscribers, it was that era where mmo's were mainstream and every tard played it

if you wanna look like a clown just dont use transmog, i mean press ctrl on every item right now on your character on live and tell if you REALLY wanna look like that
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    transmog had nothing todo that wotlk had high subscribers, it was that era where mmo's were mainstream and every tard played it

if you wanna look like a clown just dont use transmog, i mean press ctrl on every item right now on your character on live and tell if you REALLY wanna look like that
    Im not the one who pulled the "cornerstones of online role-playing games" card.

WoW is not designed in a way to have transmog disabled. But it could be.
    I already told you how my perfect game would be.
    It would have the Blade & Soul system where we only have a chest piece.

No one in the game would have mismatched gear.
    Everyone would still wear their achievements for everyone to see.
    Information just by looking.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-05-21 at 06:04 PM.

They should expand on the Transmog system actually; more transmogs rewarded from other places, dyes, less restrictions. Anymore ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    First: correlation does not imply causation. Second: I do recall people using addons to immediately change into different armor sets when in safe areas like the capitals, because their normal armor set looks badly mismatched. Third: I also recall people wanting a way to customize their character's outfits.

I think you don't know what "cornerstone" means...

Repeat: correlation does not imply causation. You're ignoring a metric fuck-ton of variables here, if you're implying that one of the reasons the game reached its peak was because it didn't have transmogrification.

Let people play dress up with their dolls, it's not hurting anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    No no no

There would be chest pieces of LFR, Heroic, Mythic, Arena, Battlegrounds.
    There would be NO TRANSMOG.
    The chest piece you have is the chestpiece you show the world.

Im having a hard time understanding how is my idea "transmog" :S

It would connect the best of both worlds.
    Pre transmog: everyone shows their gear
    Transmog: No one has mismatched gear

Whats the problem?
    I feel like your issue is less with transmog and more a kind of OCD where everything must match

- - - Updated - - -

Actuallly woth the changes yeeah you will see a war at 35 with tier sets. Just nothing past vanilla. Need to be 60 for tbc and wrath gear and 80 or so for cata and pandaria i think it it then 90 for wod and 100 for legion stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I feel like your issue is less with transmog and more a kind of OCD where everything must match
    Anal retentiveness
    The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), often abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that it becomes an obsession and may be an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person.

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a common, chronic and long-lasting disorder in which a person has uncontrollable, reoccurring thoughts (obsessions) and behaviors (compulsions) that he or she feels the urge to repeat over and over.

Ever see a person wash their hands so many times and so vigorously that they bleed all over the sink. That .. is OCD. The crap you described above is just plain being anal.

They are completely different.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2018-05-21 at 07:04 PM.