10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Which is funny given how much they complain about Spanish and Navajo speakers there too.
    I've never heard anyone speaking or complaining about anyone else speaking Navajo on NA servers. Given that there's probably very few native speakers of Navajo that seems really unlikely. It's one of the few indigenous languages in the US that isn't totally dead but it still has very, very few people that speak it and I'd guess that all of them in the demographic age for Overwatch are fluent in English too.

Mostly what you see on NA servers is English, Spanish, and Portuguese. But since it tends to sort people by ping/region, most LA and BR players tend to get grouped together, so there are very few matches of mix languages. The only time I've ever ended up in a match with all Portuguese speakers, for example, is when I grouped with a friend living in Brasil (then I was the annoying person who didn't speak the same language as everyone else). Otherwise, I see one or two here and there in games but mostly the server grouping tends to prevent people from getting stuck in games where they can't understand each other.

Anecdotally, I'll bet most NA players get grouped with Asian players playing on US servers far, far, far more than Spanish or Portuguese players. That seems a lot more common.

Ultimately, outside of high level Comp, I really don't think it matters that much anyway. People whine far too much about the language issue in general. OW's emote system is fairly robust and the objectives simple enough that unless you're playing at a high level, you can do fine without advanced communication.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    the games goes more and more into fucking rightclick only... so annoying and zero fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Anecdotally, I'll bet most NA players get grouped with Asian players playing on US servers far, far, far more than Spanish or Portuguese players. That seems a lot more common.
    How? xD Only time I have been on US servers is when the Singapore server wasn't functioning properly and players from here were connected to US servers. We pick americas region in southeast asia and we get put on Singapore servers unless there is a malfunction. If I pick asia servers, I am put on Taiwan servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    How? xD Only time I have been on US servers is when the Singapore server wasn't functioning properly and players from here were connected to US servers. We pick americas region in southeast asia and we get put on Singapore servers unless there is a malfunction. If I pick asia servers, I am put on Taiwan servers.
    I have no idea, but I see it pretty regularly; definitely more than LA or BR players. I don't really understand why anyone would do that since I would think the ping would be terrible but it is definitely not uncommon.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard anyone speaking or complaining about anyone else speaking Navajo on NA servers. Given that there's probably very few native speakers of Navajo that seems really unlikely. It's one of the few indigenous languages in the US that isn't totally dead but it still has very, very few people that speak it and I'd guess that all of them in the demographic age for Overwatch are fluent in English too.

Mostly what you see on NA servers is English, Spanish, and Portuguese. But since it tends to sort people by ping/region, most LA and BR players tend to get grouped together, so there are very few matches of mix languages. The only time I've ever ended up in a match with all Portuguese speakers, for example, is when I grouped with a friend living in Brasil (then I was the annoying person who didn't speak the same language as everyone else). Otherwise, I see one or two here and there in games but mostly the server grouping tends to prevent people from getting stuck in games where they can't understand each other.

Ultimately, outside of high level Comp, I really don't think it matters that much anyway. People whine far too much about the language issue in general. OW's emote system is fairly robust and the objectives simple enough that unless you're playing at a high level, you can do fine without advanced communication.
    They wouldn't realistically know it was Navajo, but that's kind of the point, it's just whine about "people speaking foreign". I'd wager most of the people complaining about "Russians" have no idea what language it is, it could be Russian, it could be any kind of Slavic language if they're vaguely familiar with the 'sounds' (and not just Russian uses Cyrillic characters for text), but they're probably not even familiar with that much so could be basically anything up to and including Welsh, Gaelic or Cornish which you would have no right to cry about even on a specific on a UK only server.

There's no obligation to speak English on US servers any more than there is on EU servers because they cover areas where different languages are spoken, whether that's Mexico, Quebec, or Native languages - and that's without considering later immigrant communities.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-05-19 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same old same old. Can't climb, and just like one of the previous seasons, the game's being
    a real cocksucker and is purposely fucking me over by having me stuck between Silver and
    Gold due to some real god awful players it consistently pairs me with.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-05-20 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Same old same old. Can't climb, and just like one of the previous seasons, the game's being
    a real cocksucker and is purposely fucking me over by having me stuck between Silver and
    Gold due to some real god awful players it consistently pairs me with.
    So, those of us who progressed gold to diamond over the seasons are just lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's never their fault and they should be Diamond always. Why can't you understand that? /s

10+ Year Old Account
    What is with the people who are assholes even when we're winning lately? I get people who are salty or caustic when we're losing. I don't like it, but I at least understand it. No one likes losing.

What I don't get is these people who are super bitchy when we win. Lots of snarky comments about shitty our team was at [Whatever] after we've won. Today our tank threw a tantrum because they were silver on damage, calling our dps garbage. Who cares? We won, the other team was worse. And a few days ago I had someone on my team bitch me out for sneaking around to set up my ult and letting his turret die (?!?!) even though my ult ended up being a x5 kill with 30 seconds on the clock which basically won us the game (for which I got potg). Or arguing over who carried who. Like... it's one thing to get tilted over a loss, it's just ridiculous to waste that energy on a win. Quick Play at that!

I've just seen it waaaay more often lately and it is weird as fuck to me.

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm only around 50 games in this season, but the salt has been flowing from people. Win/loss/draw... doesn't really matter for most of the games. It's been tempting just to leave chat all together on a few occasions.

For my season, started by falling into a slight hole and dropped a couple hundred SR while learning some tanks... 'cause apparently playing the hero I like is automatically considered throwing by most people (Doomfist). I'll probably just camp out all season in mid-plat, but one of these days I might hit the sparkly tier above me.

Like every competitive online game. It´s hard to reach gold or diamond due the bad/noob/troll teammates but when you finally made it, the game is better and funnier

What is with the people who are assholes even when we're winning lately? I get people who are salty or caustic when we're losing. I don't like it, but I at least understand it. No one likes losing.

What I don't get is these people who are super bitchy when we win. Lots of snarky comments about shitty our team was at [Whatever] after we've won. Today our tank threw a tantrum because they were silver on damage, calling our dps garbage. Who cares? We won, the other team was worse. And a few days ago I had someone on my team bitch me out for sneaking around to set up my ult and letting his turret die (?!?!) even though my ult ended up being a x5 kill with 30 seconds on the clock which basically won us the game (for which I got potg). Or arguing over who carried who. Like... it's one thing to get tilted over a loss, it's just ridiculous to waste that energy on a win. Quick Play at that!

I've just seen it waaaay more often lately and it is weird as fuck to me.
    Crybabies everywhere. Expect things to get worse with Ow being free-to-play during this event.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm done with comp now for this season, it's bullshit to tank right now, I've lost 500SR and just can't buy wins. Got enough credits for my Mercy golden staff, so that's enough for me until they delete Hanzo.

One last highlight though, some rare Reinhardt play, this is what I'm reduced to playing and I hate it.

http://plays.tv/video/5b0344d96affe3...ke-just-right-

10+ Year Old Account
    I chain queued for a bunch of quick play games last night. Played like eight games in a row with mostly same people who were also chain queuing solo. Won all of them initially but then we had one really brutal match where they absolutely rolled us (gold elims was 1, gold objective time was nine seconds). So one teammate got mad and starting complaining about "the rest of his team sucking" in allied chat. Like, dude, with what the gold medals are, you're not exempt from said sucking. We all did abysmal that match. Also you've been playing with us for a few hours so you know we are capable of doing okay. I mean, it was a frustrating match but those happen.

So then the next match he announced he was just going to play Widow since we were afraid of contesting, in a tone like it was a threat or a tantrum or something over the loss? I don't even know, but I also don't waste energy caring much.

In response to his "I'm going to play Widow now" statement I just said, "play whatever you want, this is just quick play" because... well, it's quick play and people should play what they want? He replies with "LOL that salt" and how much he hates the "it's just quick play excuse." Like... what? How is that salty? Also, am I supposed to yell at you for the hero you want to play? Or demand you play something else? I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO RESPOND WITH YOU PEOPLE ARE BAFFLING.

It's like people are just looking for a fight over nothing at all.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I would have put him/her/it on ignore and "Avoid as teammate" straight after that 1st complain to be honest. There's no point in feeding or reasoning a troll, no matter the intention or how good it "might" feel.
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I wasn't trying to feed them, and I don't think they were trolling - just being super defensive. If anything I was hoping it might diffuse their obvious stress over the situation if everyone else was super chill about things.

It's just hard for me to imagine a context where someone telling you that you should play the hero you enjoy as interpreted as confrontation.

But yeah I don't really think they were trying to rile people or I would have ignored them. I think they were just super sensitive and got their panties in a bunch.

I think. But really I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING WEIRD.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I don't understand why people can't seem to get the basics down;
    1. Kill healers first. It's like people see a mercy and put her low on the threat scale because she is a cute blonde female and don't want to give her owies because boobs.
    2. Figure out where your team is before you go in. Look around, don't see any blue pointers near you? Don't go in, those signify where your team is. See 2 way behind you? Don't go in. Don't peek, don't fire around corners, don't try to be a one man army.
    3. Don't be the guy who runs in alone thinking you can take 6 players. I don't care if you have your ult, it won't work because you are not a Jedi firing a one man craft torpedo down a 3 meter hole with the assistance of the force. You are one gun running into 6 guns who are just waiting for you to give them something to shoot at.
    4. See 2 or three on your team go down and nobody on enemy team died? GTFO! Don't try to take one down with you, just get the fuck out even if it means jumping off a cliff. Don't feed the enemy ult charge.
    5. Target priority high level threats, don't ignore the pharah because she will just get free frags all day long. Kill the bastion, remove the turrets don't ignore them then look stunned when torb ults because your team spent the whole game ignoring the turret.
    6. Have a suitable team comp, that means at least 1 main healer and 1 tank. Then figure the rest of the team comp out.
    7. Only commit to a fight when you are six strong even if it means letting them push the payload closer uncontested. It is better to let them gain some space and confront them six strong than to trickle in and lose ground anyways because you feed ults. It is okay to give up the first point if it means having 6 strong to block point 2.

I repeatedly have games where people chose to ignore the healers and they keep going in 2 at a time against 6. It's pretty retarded. I had hoped that people watching how the pros play would help resolve the issue of not going in 6 strong but obviously I was wrong. I had a game where I carried them to point 1 Voyskaya cap (I killed 5 starting with Mercy on Doomfist) and then these guys sent rhein, mercy, mccree and Moira on the left side of point 2 while reaper got smote in the middle on point, then they stood there while enemy widow used her ult and I was like, "You guys know she can see you right?" Sure enough the rhein, who is standing there with shield down like a moron gets sniped, enemy rhein shows up and hammers the two healers and I send him off the edge followed by enemy soldier who decided to peak right when my fist flew through the space his head was. Then I got the F out of there because we were already down 4.

EEEEEDiots!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    ThatsOurEric has a pattern, he posts about how it sucks that he is in this rank, its everyone elses fault and he should be high ranked because he is amazing. Won't post videos of his gameplay to prove his boasts, comes back 2 days later and repeats the process. He belongs in the rank he is in because in his mind he can't possibly improve his own gameplay, it is everyone else who is holding him back. Since he can't see his own flaws he can't fix them so he stays in his rank and continues on his pattern of behavior. ThatsOurEric!!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"No! Your not a Diamond! Your a fuckin' Silver! Now shut the F*ck up ya C*nt!" - Rag Tagg via Youtube.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    I would have put him/her/it on ignore and "Avoid as teammate" straight after that 1st complain to be honest. There's no point in feeding or reasoning a troll, no matter the intention or how good it "might" feel.
    Not nearly enough avoid slots.

Deleted
    Just played my first game for a while, kings row attack, enemy hanzo had ult in less than a minute of us leaving the spawn and im not exaggerating. For the continuation of the game he was firing off his ult every couple of minutes. He also almost killed me (winston) with that new volley ability alone. Pretty frustrating game

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not nearly enough avoid slots.
    Aye, but it's a good start at least.