Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Well ive played since January 2005 and I can say without a doubt legion was my favorite of the expansions and BfA from my time spent on beta is legion 2.0 so im pretty content.

edit, im also a demon hunter and the class feels pretty clean right now so thats probably helping.
    I agree with first part, Legion was very good, most likely on level with WOTLK, but BfA offers nothing fresh, expansion is not supposed to be continuation of previous one, its suppose to refresh the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    I agree with first part, Legion was very good, most likely on level with WOTLK, but BfA offers nothing fresh, expansion is not supposed to be continuation of previous one, its suppose to refresh the game.
    Given the track record though we had a high likelihood to follow up a masterpiece with a trainwreck, ill take stability over them trying to reinvent the wheel like in draenor and it just falling to rubble. I mean really we are starting to run out of things that they can innovate in the mmo space outside of things they outright said we wont get (base building proper, or atleast instanced housing like Black Desert.)

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    I dont understand, how getting so close to release with so little content, people are still defending BfA? I understand the nostalgia, attachment to game etc but shit guys, wake up and understand that if this shit expansion sells it self well, there will be more shitty ones since the standards will be lower for them as long as it sells.......
    YOu obviously aren't in beta. None of your post is remotely true.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Warfronts don't work properly.

Mythic+ isn't implemented.

Many classes still not functioning.

Can't show a fully working Azerite system or good traits.

PvP system still not fully implemented.

Scaling doesnt work.

Are you sure YOU are in Beta champ? Attaching a Forum sig because you think it makes you look cool doesn't count.
    Yeah, I am in beta. And guess what? Everything you mention will be in game. So, you are proving everyone who climes there is little content in BFA wrong already.

Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    that would be pretty short sighted of them for a subscription based product
    I think we can close this thread now, thanks.

OP might have a Point, but then again: WoW's a sub based game and this matters a lot as well

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    It'll be an opinion based on facts. In all honestly, it would take too much typing for me. With my experience, it wouldn't be worth the effort since more times than not, you can't change peoples views or minds on subjects. Only thing I'd be doing is reinforcing others with same views.
    Sorry, but I think I'll be more inclined to take Blizzard seriously than... well, random nobodies on a forum.

They are serious, they've build a multi-billion dollar company.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    One of the dumber OPs as of late

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yes, pre-ordering means a low quality expansion. But people are stupid.
    Kind of a stupid sentiment given that MoP and Legion both allowed pre-orders.

But, what to expect from your crowd.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-05-22 at 12:42 AM.

Deleted
    They make €155 based on subscriptions per player, if they remained subbed for a year at the regular rate of €12.99/month.

Expansions last around 2 years, that means they made €310 of you based on subscriptions + €44.99 for the expansion.

The expansion portion is quite small, in fact it's only 13% of what you spend to play the game for 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Scaling doesnt work.

Are you sure YOU are in Beta champ? Attaching a Forum sig because you think it makes you look cool doesn't count.
    Warfronts have 2 months left to get tuned, not going to be a problem.

Mythic + the only testing related to that is the scaling, and that's easily tested in a few days and adjusted once they hit live servers.

All classes work fine, bar a few talents that are NYI.

Azerite system other than traits and balancing isn't going to take more than a week to fix.

PvP system is implemented afaik.

Scaling works fine for the majority of things, old school raids scaling will be fixed when the patch hits PTR.

-

Have you even been on beta? Oh wait, you haven't, because otherwise you wouldn't be posting dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Sorry, but I think I'll be more inclined to take Blizzard seriously than... well, random nobodies on a forum.

They are serious, they've build a multi-billion dollar company.
    You've already proven my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What if I said you should spend it on some delicious pancakes?
    Pancakes and waffles are a settled question. No advice necessary. Now where is that maple syrup? And bacon. Where's the bacon?

That said, no. Not taking advice about what games to buy or not or when from forums. Actually I think pre-ordering an expansion is kind of dumb anyway unless they're offering some major reason to do so. They've never crossed that threshold with me. I have always gotten an expansion like the day before.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-05-22 at 02:52 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve been guilty of pre-ordering xpacs before which i’ll admit only encourages lazy game design. No more pre-ordering for me.

As for me, not pre-oredering isn't enough - I need to see, how xpack turns out first, before buying it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Kind of a stupid sentiment given that MoP and Legion both allowed pre-orders.

But, what to expect from your crowd.
    And both were low quality expansions.

Not only I preordered, but I wish they did another annual pass where we can get more stuff for other games!

10+ Year Old Account

Scaling doesnt work.

It's almost like it's beta??

Tell me, were you in Legion beta? Because in Legion beta there was whole class literally unplayable due to broken intro class questline, not to mention such minor bugs like class instances being dead days on and what not.

Result? Stellar expansion and one of the best launches to date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    And both were low quality expansions.
    Legion - low quality expansion - topkek.

Go find someone else to push your pound of salt to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Legion - low quality expansion - topkek.

Go find someone else to push your pound of salt to.
    Ah opinions. Legion was bad expansions through - we had a lot of content to do yes. But Diablo RNG and poor spec design made this content pointless.

Your content don't matter if base systems are in bad state.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu obviously aren't in beta. None of your post is remotely true.
    Enlighten me please, cause i track every single patch they trow into beta and i see literally no content except allied races and scenarios, ah sorry its not called scenario anymore its isle something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    Ah opinions. Legion was bad expansions through - we had a lot of content to do yes. But Diablo RNG and poor spec design made this content pointless.

Your content don't matter if base systems are in bad state.
    Subjective opinions are subjective

I thought Legion was phenomenal compared to other expansions. Yeah, the RNG Legendaries were a bit lame, but spec design, artifact weapons, class halls, raids, mythic dungeons, etc... were all phenomenal. Definitely a step above practically every other x-pac this game has seen (imho). I've actually had much more fun playing in Legion than any other x-pac.

So far, for me, every x-pac has been fun though and worth the money. If I ever got burnt out or didn't like how things were playing out (like about 5 months into WoD), I just stopped playing and stopped paying a sub.