Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If everyone had infinite money and no responsibilities I think we would all explore then real world instead of virtual ones. After all, I still doubt you could see everything on earth even in that life span.

But alas most have to live boring normal lives and escape into simple hobbies(some of which choose gaming).
    Totally agree.

Many places I wouldn't mind checking out before my time is up, likely won't happen so I don't sweat it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-05-22 at 02:41 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What facts where you pointing out to him?

That you have a family and still play games? AKA agreeing with him?

I mean since you want to delve into what people posted about in the past let us remember you own like 4 different versions of the Xbox One, own at least 1 PS4 and own a 3DS of some kind. I know that for a fact from your posts, seems like an awful lot for a supposed family man with no time to game?
    Where did I say I didn’t have time to game? There you go putting words in my mouth (which you’re always so apt to do). I said my game time has decreased quite a bit with more adult responsibilities. Just because I own multiple consoles doesn’t mean I’m gaming 24/7. It means I own multiple consoles so I can play the exclusives that interest me. You know adults with money can do that right? Own multiples consoles and play games on them? It’s amazing what having a good paying job can get you.

And what I was pointing out was that someone like him has to make a thread like this because he can’t grasp the concept of people with actual responsibilities outside of playing video games. Otherwise, there is zero point to this thread. End of story.

Now, are you done trolling or do you want to keep this drivel up like you always do, Tech?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep he did on top of making a childish insult, I guess insulting people who are disabled is his thing.
    It says a lot when you think that pointing out the truth is actually an insult. I’ve literally only repeated what you yourself have said multiple times on these forums. So I guess you were insulting yourself then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Where did I say I didn’t have time to game?
    So you still have time to game...

In other words you agreed with a guy while trying to insult him. Thanks for confirming the point. "I agree but you suck anyways!".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Everyone has a finite amount of time. Some people might have enough free time and few enough additional obligations that they have plenty of time for both family obligations and gaming. Others might struggle to have enough free time for all their interests and find that gaming is the thing that gets cut. Or maybe once they have humans they'd rather spend time with, they might find that solo gaming is less appealing as a way to spend their time, opting for more time with the family or shifting to games they can all play.
    I shouldn't, because it's technically spam, but it's worth quoting this.

It's 100% correct.

When I got married, my wife (not unreasonably) expected me to spend time with her. When I had children, they (not unreasonably) expected that I spend time with them. That time is not segmented or organised, I share it when they need it because that's what a husband/boyfriend and father should be doing. This makes things like organised gaming sessions impossible, and greatly reduces when I can get behind the PC and play.

I still find time, typically during the early evenings after dinners and baths, but it's greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It says a lot when you think that pointing out the truth is actually an insult. I’ve literally only repeated what you yourself have said multiple times on these forums. So I guess you were insulting yourself then?
    You didn't point out the truth of anything besides agreeing with me. The rest was a childish insult and your keeping it up just to derail the thread in the hope it gets closed nothing more.

Its the same song and dance you do in each thread I make and honestly its borderline harassment at this point.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter to you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Sorry to hear about the health issues.

I somewhat agree, If I was rich enough and more healthy I would game less but not completely cut it out
    I doubt anyone here who says they would cut it out if they had the money to do other things actually would. It's not as if plenty of celebrities, with plenty of money and opportunities to do lots of other stuff with their time, don't game. Lots even play or have played WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryke of the Wolverines View Post
    I shouldn't, because it's technically spam, but it's worth quoting this.

It's 100% correct.

When I got married, my wife (not unreasonably) expected me to spend time with her. When I had children, they (not unreasonably) expected that I spend time with them. That time is not segmented or organised, I share it when they need it because that's what a husband/boyfriend and father should be doing. This makes things like organised gaming sessions impossible, and greatly reduces when I can get behind the PC and play.

I still find time, typically during the early evenings after dinners and baths, but it's greatly reduced.
    Oh I don't disagree that the amount of time you can put into a hobby gets lower when things come up in life. I just don't understand people who outright cut out there hobby's.

Even if its a hour a week, That's still a hour of you time. But I have seen many go "Well I got a family so I can't game" my question to that is why? You can't take a hour out of a week for some you time. To me that's very unhealthy mentally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    I doubt anyone here who says they would cut it out if they had the money to do other things actually would. It's not as if plenty of celebrities, with plenty of money and opportunities to do lots of other stuff with their time, don't game. Lots even play or have played WoW.
    I agree, for me personally gaming will always be part of my life. Even if it reach's a point where I'm playing candy crush for a hour once a week.

I just don't understand people who ether have or think they have to cut all hobby's out of there life because they did X.

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Celebrities still have responsibilities, and most don't have unlimited money. So yes, being rich doesn't automatically mean you will quit your hobbies because you will likely still have responsibilities to take care of instead of doing whatever the hell you want just because you're rich.

Someone would both need more money then they could ever spend, and 0 responsibilities to truly abandon their hobbies, because at that point the globe would be their playground.

Deleted
    Oh I don't disagree that the amount of time you can put into a hobby gets lower when things come up in life. I just don't understand people who outright cut out there hobby's.

Even if its a hour a week, That's still a hour of you time. But I have seen many go "Well I got a family so I can't game" my question to that is why? You can't take a hour out of a week for some you time. To me that's very unhealthy mentally.
    Erm...

Yeah, I'll take as stab at it.

Basically, when you find a girlfriend or get married you have to change. Ultimately, there's no way around it. To make a relationship work, you have to accept that you're a team now and not just an individual. That doesn't mean a personality change, it just means that you have to re-prioritise what's important to you, and how you spend your time. You need to find an identity as a couple, rather than just being you, and that means the commitment is more than just 'time', if you know what I mean.

This process is dramatically increased if you choose to become a mother or father!

Suddenly, your old identity of EAT, SLEEP, GAME, REPEAT needs to accommodate your role as a partner, as well as that of a parent (which is more demanding than anyone who hasn't been one understands). This makes significant demands on your time, as we've discussed, but it makes a bigger demand on who you, fundamentally, are... And what you think is important. So when it comes to the crunch, I can fulfill the time requirements of being a husband and daddy; but once I've done that, I choose to spend time playing with my girls, or relaxing and enjoying my wife's company with a cup of tea, a cookie and some Queer Eye.

So while I could still find the time to game, the reality is that it's simply no longer important to me. If my girls are in bed, and the Mrs. is doing her own thing for a while, I'll log into World of Warcraft, Hearthstone or Diablo 3 and mess about for a while. I might work on my blog or do some social media stuff. I might kill time reading or doing housework, or just piss away an hour looking at car reviews on YouTube.

NOTA BENE:

These are my choices. I'm not passing judgement on anyone who makes different choices with their time because, well, that's their bag. It ain't mine. I'm simply saying that you DO have to forge a different identity when you're making choices that incorporate another person, and that my choice is what I've mentioned above.

I hope that helps to explain how I see it.
    Last edited by mmoca8060fd94f; 2018-05-22 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    gaming less maybe, not but give up completely. I am sure some people will stop gaming, but my sister and her fiance still play games and they have two children :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance