Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Looking at the left (his left) corner of his mouth it looks like his lip is curved down, so I wouldn't say he is expressing smugness/joy. If he was smiling it would probably look a little closer to Garrosh's (who for some reason looks like he got his cheeks chewed off).
    Hmmm, I don't see it - it's like one of those "Magic Eye" puzzles or something. I guess I'll just say it's a neutral expression and leave it at that, then.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    She learned and developed from her experiences, that's why she is what she is now.
    She gave the Horde a chance, time and time again (even after theramore she was preaching unity and hope) only to be proven wrong and backstabbed every time.
    So getting your city blown up by your ENEMY because you chose to use it as a staging ground to later invade your ENEMY is a betrayal? I see the victim complex transfers from bad character to fanbois as well.

Deleted
    Is that Rexxar cleaving Daelin almost in half in the final panel? Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It wouldn't be avenging since she's as much to blame for that as Rexxar. It's more just her getting eaten up by regret and guilt.
    Well yes you right. Then I hope she will amend that mistake by putting Rexxar down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Rexxar puts her mom down too.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    What did she even do in Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it looks really, really bad. It looks super rough, and the art seems inconsistent in the panels above. It's like they outsourced the art to deviantart.
    The fuck are you two even thinking with? It looks great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    This makes me so happy that Jaina hasn't gone back to being a Horde fangirl. This part in particular stands out.

Early in the BFA book, Sylvanas mentions that the Horde will soon grow tired of peacetime and want to taste the blood of their oldest enemies, the Humans. She initially, offer them Stormwind to sate their bloodlust, AND a chance to refill her Forsaken population.

JAINA WAS RIGHT.
    Ah yes. Totally. The oldest enemy of both Trolls and Tauren.
    And orcs more or less.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    She learned and developed from her experiences, that's why she is what she is now.
    She gave the Horde a chance, time and time again (even after theramore she was preaching unity and hope) only to be proven wrong and backstabbed every time.
    She's completely one-note, though. Jaina was a staunch advocate for peace, now she's a bitter advocate for war. Repeatedly going over that same ground doesn't add any depth or develop her character. I'd have been really interested to see her internal monologue reflect something new about her, something engaging, something unexpected. Maybe a little self doubt somewhere. Some longing for the days when Thrall led the Horde. Heck, I'd even take something that played up the idea that she's kind of nuts and can't see the situation clearly any more, because Jaina knows the Horde aren't just an evil hive mind that need to be destroyed, yet her internal monologue is incredibly blunt and shortsighted. If this is just the setup and the rest of the comic goes on to question this initial portrait of her then that's great, but the vibe so far is just that of another "the Horde did bad things to Jaina, so she hates them" story. It's really tiresome at this point, and something that a more intellectually complex character like Jaina really should've been above in the first place.

Like, someone like Jaina needs a really good reason to go from one end of the personality spectrum to the other. She's the kind of character who needs depth and emotional complexity backing up her actions. We need conversations about moral philosophy, internal conflicts about the greater good, deconstructions of the person she was in the past. Instead all we get is a simplistic revenge story archetype told to us over and over again, as if repeating it ad nauseum will make it stick. I just find it really tiresome at this point. Like, either flesh out this aspect of Jaina's personality (since it's effectively her whole personality) enough to give it some depth, or move on and do something different with her, because right now she's no different from the dozens of other Warcraft characters whose defining attribute is "revenge against the people who did a bad thing to me".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Heck, I'd even take something that played up the idea that she's kind of nuts and can't see the situation clearly any more, because Jaina knows the Horde aren't just an evil hive mind that need to be destroyed
    She knew the Horde is not some hivemind. Then the Horde turned around and proved her wrong. Every single time she gave them a second chance. Even peace loving Jaina would change her stance after everything that happened to her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Like, someone like Jaina needs a really good reason to go from one end of the personality spectrum to the other.
    -Jaina gives the Horde the benifit of the doubt.
    -Horde does some asshole thing to Jaina.
    -Jaina finally snaps and realizes the Horde must be purged from Azeroth.

Isn't that reason enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It is likely a representation of what occurred, not the actual event as it happened. Rexxar is shadowing off at the bottom of the panel which seems to indicate it is what Jaina is imagining and not the real event. I can't, however, make out what facial expression Thrall (presumably) has in that panel - is that supposed to smugness? He seems to be smiling, but I highly doubt Thrall would've been smiling in such a scenario.
    He seems to be attempting to comfort her or something. It's hard to tell with the artstyle.

Or maybe that's Jaina imagining him being smug in hindsight, just like she imagines Rexxar having that look as he disembowels Daelin or Garrosh looking like the Joker.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2018-05-22 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    She knew the Horde is not some hivemind. Then the Horde turned around and proved her wrong. Every single time she gave them a second chance. Even peace loving Jaina would change her stance after everything that happened to her.
    Maybe she shouldnt have used her neutral status to act as a staging ground for alliance military.

I hope they comissioned Nesskain (one of my all time favorite illustrators/comic artists) to make one of BfA's comics. He did the art for Anduin: Son of the Wolf comic. He's amazing, I wish he had been the one to draw for this comic, but I'm still holding hope that he worked for any of the others yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    He seems to be attempting to comfort her or something. It's hard to tell with the artstyle.

Or maybe that's Jaina imagining him being smug in hindsight, just like she imagines Rexxar having that look as he disembowels Daelin.
    That's what I am thinking as well. But that's some hc twisting on her part. I mean, not sure how well War3 translates to what "really happened" but in there, Thrall and Rexxar take extra effort to spare Jaina's men and even after Daelin is killed they mentioned how he was a proud warrior and should be remembered as such. Could be that as her vision of the Horde changed, her memories did little adjusting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    That's what I am thinking as well. But that's some hc twisting on her part. I mean, not sure how well War3 translates to what "really happened" but in there, Thrall and Rexxar take extra effort to spare Jaina's men and even after Daelin is killed they mentioned how he was a proud warrior and should be remembered as such. Could be that as her vision of the Horde changed, her memories did little adjusting too.
    My guess is its just Golden doing a little retconing, hoping no one will notice it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh for the love of god did they have to include that scene of Kinndy Sparkshine, it was hard enough to image such a sad scene now you actually have it drawn out. Why must you hurt me this way Blizzard Why!!!!!

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Oh for the love of god did they have to include that scene of Kinndy Sparkshine, it was hard enough to image such a sad scene now you actually have it drawn out. Why must you hurt me this way Blizzard Why!!!!!
    Because you love gnomes, so you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    My guess is its just Golden doing a little retconing, hoping no one will notice it.
    Or that lol. I mean wouldn't be surprised considering she too is member of "Golden's favs club".

What the heck happened with this art? Looks like a newbie deviant art page. Someone who doesn't know how to draw a straight line and overdoes the flairs to compensate. No textures either.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    My only issue is that they make Admiral Proudmoore look like some punk-ass human who got taken out EZ-PZ, when in the campaign he was the toughest motherfucker in the game. Seriously, my group of three level 15 heroes with incredible gear wiped on this guy. Twice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My only issue is that they make Admiral Proudmoore look like some punk-ass human who got taken out EZ-PZ, when in the campaign he was the toughest motherfucker in the game. Seriously, my group of three level 15 heroes with incredible gear wiped on this guy. Twice!
    HAHA true , man fought like a bad ass, I expected to see at least 100 dead orc grunts and troll axe throwers piled up behind him :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance