Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I thought Legion was phenomenal compared to other expansions.
    Totally agree with this.

Subjective opinions are subjective

I thought Legion was phenomenal compared to other expansions. Yeah, the RNG Legendaries were a bit lame, but spec design, artifact weapons, class halls, raids, mythic dungeons, etc... were all phenomenal. Definitely a step above practically every other x-pac this game has seen (imho). I've actually had much more fun playing in Legion than any other x-pac.

So far, for me, every x-pac has been fun though and worth the money. If I ever got burnt out or didn't like how things were playing out (like about 5 months into WoD), I just stopped playing and stopped paying a sub.
    Thank god legendaries are gone next expansion.

As I keep saying just do the Cape or Ring style legendaries. Work on them over the entire expansion and everyone gets them. Plus with catchup for alts.

Getting that cape in MoP felt rewarding to me. Getting some random one out of a box just feels meh.

I thought Legion was phenomenal compared to other expansions. Yeah, the RNG Legendaries were a bit lame, but spec design, artifact weapons, class halls, raids, mythic dungeons, etc... were all phenomenal. Definitely a step above practically every other x-pac this game has seen (imho). I've actually had much more fun playing in Legion than any other x-pac.

So far, for me, every x-pac has been fun though and worth the money. If I ever got burnt out or didn't like how things were playing out (like about 5 months into WoD), I just stopped playing and stopped paying a sub.
    RNG Diablo was not only in Legendaries - all gear starting from relics and ending with trinkets was at mercy of RNG. All Legion content you did players were doing not because they wanted (i mean each have their favorite things like dungeons/raids/wq) but because it would increase their chances to get orange and high titanforging. In the end some people were doing ALL content not because they liked doing it but because they hoped it will increase their chances.

Plus specs that were completely focused on Artifact Weapons. Its just bad concept.
    Last edited by Wildstars; 2018-05-22 at 01:30 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Truth is, WoW is so vast game that you can always find many things that you hate, many things that you love and there is still plenty room for stuff that you don't care about.

You can just enjoy game and ignore stuff that you hate. You can quit if negatives outweights good stuff or you simply need a break. You can also stay and spit hate and misery like our belowed @scarecrowz above, why not (not very smart choice, but some just love bitching).

I pre-purchase pretty much any game that catches my interest. If it turns out it's a flop, it's like $100 at most wasted and that isn't a big deal. Blizzard in particular has never let me down, pretty sure I'll be playing WoW until I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    RNG Diablo was not only in Legendaries - all gear starting from relics and ending with trinkets was at mercy of RNG. All Legion content you did players were doing not because they wanted (i mean each have their favorite things like dungeons/raids/wq) but because it would increase their chances to get orange and high titanforging. In the end some people were doing ALL content not because they liked doing it but because they hoped it will increase their chances.

Plus specs that were completely focused on Artifact Weapons. Its just bad concept.
    Gear has always been RNG. Not sure why you think it is a Legion specific thing all of a sudden. Legendaries and titanforging were a bit much, but otherwise, it was not much different from other x-pacs.

And I thought it was a ton of fun having specs focused on the awesome Artifact weapons. Awesome concept. It was part of what made Legion super fun to me. And it's ok that we have different opinions
    Last edited by yjmark; 2018-05-22 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinwoods View Post
    People asking for changes and class issues are going through deaf ears.
    I realize you're just trolling... But have you been paying attention to the forum responses, and changes based on quality player feedback at all?

Quote Originally Posted by lostinwoods View Post
    Look at the BfA situation. So many people pre-ordered on day one, it crashed the servers.

Now the devs and more importantly, Activision, has your money.

People asking for changes and class issues are going through deaf ears.

This is why you never pre-order anything digital, once they have your money, jobs done.

They are probably cracking beers right now because the game is already "done".
    Thank you for that thought out information, new account. Really appreciated.

Nah, not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah opinions. Legion was bad expansions through - we had a lot of content to do yes. But Diablo RNG and poor spec design made this content pointless.

Your content don't matter if base systems are in bad state.
    Legion bad? lol. People sure go nuts in the last months of each expansion, 'uh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    And both were low quality expansions.
    Hence why taking you seriously is a waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebster View Post
    Totally agree with this.
    So does most people.

Only the usual crowd of Negative Nancies are doing mental gymnastics in any shape or form they can in their desperation to pretend that Legion somehow is the exact same thing or worse than WoD...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    You've already proven my point.
    No I haven't, since you don't have a point, just a baseless, asinine statement which served no purpose what-so-ever.
    You can keep "not taking Blizzard seriously", whatever the hell that even means. I can keep thinking you're funny as I keep enjoying the product they've been putting out and dominating the genre with for over a decade.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-05-22 at 02:12 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Pancakes and waffles are a settled question. No advice necessary. Now where is that maple syrup? And bacon. Where's the bacon?

That said, no. Not taking advice about what games to buy or not or when from forums. Actually I think pre-ordering an expansion is kind of dumb anyway unless they're offering some major reason to do so. They've never crossed that threshold with me. I have always gotten an expansion like the day before.
    Even for stuff like early access to new classes?

I liked getting the DH content ahead of Legion 'cause it helped make the content drought a little less ... dry.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Even for stuff like early access to new classes?

I liked getting the DH content ahead of Legion 'cause it helped make the content drought a little less ... dry.
    I appreciate Blizzard making the effort to give us all something to do at the end of the expansion. The cynical here blather on about how they only did that to keep you subscribed and take your money. That's silly. People can make up their own minds about whether or not they want to stay when they've wrapped up most of what an expansion has to offer. It's true enough but we pay an amount to subscribe to the game and if we are expected to stay there should be some new things coming along in the often very long period after the last raid.

In this particular case what was offered was something I was less interested in but it was absolutely the right thing for Blizzard to do to encourage pre-orders and to have people hanging around.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Enlighten me please, cause i track every single patch they trow into beta and i see literally no content except allied races and scenarios, ah sorry its not called scenario anymore its isle something.
    So you never saw all the leveling to 120? You never saw all the new zones and new quests. That already shows you are wrong when you say you "literally see no content". There are also raids which aren't fully done yet. There are dungeons. Heroics, M+ dungeons. WQ's. THe finished product with the azerite stuff. All of that will go live. Yet, you still claim there is 'literally no content in BFA". You absolutely need to be enlightened because you have no sense of just how ignorant what you said is.

Gear has always been RNG. Not sure why you think it is a Legion specific thing all of a sudden. Legendaries and titanforging were a bit much, but otherwise, it was not much different from other x-pacs.
    Its half true. Gear drops were RNG. Gear stats being RNG started with MoP. In MoP it started as slightly higher ilvl raid gear drops. In Legion its on absurd level when you can get gear that better than non titanforged raid gear from dungeons and WQs. Should I tell about previous raids/mythic+ trinkets that were BiS with high titanforging ilvl proc?

And I thought it was a ton of fun having specs focused on the awesome Artifact weapons. Awesome concept. It was part of what made Legion super fun to me. And it's ok that we have different opinions
    The thing is some specs had really bad time until Broken Shore traits were introduced. Also you don't say "we don't want radical class changes each expansion" and introducing such system knowing you will remove it next expansion.

Artifact Weapons is part of gear. When your class/spec don't work as intended without gear its bad. Really bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Legion bad? lol. People sure go nuts in the last months of each expansion, 'uh?
    Yes it is. If it was such success as you say then why Blizzard keep pushing "oh shit" buttons like factions war, sub races, classic servers?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So you never saw all the leveling to 120? You never saw all the new zones and new quests. That already shows you are wrong when you say you "literally see no content". There are also raids which aren't fully done yet. There are dungeons. Heroics, M+ dungeons. WQ's. THe finished product with the azerite stuff. All of that will go live. Yet, you still claim there is 'literally no content in BFA". You absolutely need to be enlightened because you have no sense of just how ignorant what you said is.
    I think you have made a big mistake when reading "no content". I was refering to new, original content, not something that each expansion MUST have like raids, new lvl cap, new zones, dungeons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    I was thinking the same about you. At least we agreed on something.

Yes it is. If it was such success as you say then why Blizzard keep pushing "oh shit" buttons like factions war, sub races, classic servers?
    So, in other words? New features for a new expansion? SHOCKER

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So does most people.

Only the usual crowd of Negative Nancies are doing mental gymnastics in any shape or form they can in their desperation to pretend that Legion somehow is the exact same thing or worse than WoD...

- - - Updated - - -

No I haven't, since you don't have a point, just a baseless, asinine statement which served no purpose what-so-ever.
    You can keep "not taking Blizzard seriously", whatever the hell that even means. I can keep thinking you're funny as I keep enjoying the product they've been putting out and dominating the genre with for over a decade.
    You're trying to hard.

But people want changes to different things. It's not like Blizzard is deliberatly slacking, because they have all our money. They think the way they make the game is the best way to make the game. Lower pre-orders dont do much except for making it harder to justify investments into the game you want to play.

Don't pre-order, if you arent sure that you want to play the game. Don't pre-order, if you think Blizzard will fuck up BFA and you want to wait for reviews first.

But if you do want to play the game, give feedback and hope Blizzard agrees. Depending on your ideas that might be a long shot, but at least you have a chance of succeeding.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    I will keep pre-ordering them, and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

What a silly thread. 4 months of sub (3 via wow token) is the same money as buying the expansion. Of course they're not done, they make their money from keeping you engaged, not grabbing and running.