Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Again, they did, but the general populace is too stupid to understand.
    If that was true how did trump win? Or is there where your gonna claim I million nazi's suddenly appears over night to vote?

He repeated the same message over and over about jobs and economy and rebuilding industry and he won over the working class states. White, black, male and female it's all about which candidate is most likly to point cash in my pocket.

You can boil trumps message down to a few bullet points.

No globalist economy - bring industry back home
    No immigration - reduce supply in the workforce driving labour demand
    Infastructure spending - making jobs
    And hillary is a criminal and part of the government that made you poor - a nice propaganda lie to get the pot stired.

Hillary in contrast was all over the fucking place.
    When I watched her it was talk of minoritys and talk of women's liberation. She had fucking forever dedicated to jerking her self off over "how hard its been for her" (bitch please your rich as fuck)
    Then she spent ages defending the status quo ( who the fuck votes for zero change?)
    Then some lgbt shit and I switched off and placed a bet on trump winning.

The boys from Stranger Things could have done more damage using their slingshots.

I'm guessing that what really happened is that Emmanuel Macron, hearing about the imminent terrorist attack, infiltrated their compound by himself and replaced all of their bullets with blanks. Flummoxed and embarrassed, they will soon return to society as productive citizens.

But obviously, their intent was to send a message or to terrify, because even Mr. Magoo firing an AK-47 into a crowd would have hit someone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I won't dispute that media most certainly can be biased. But they aren't completely in the business of getting each one of their politicians elected. You'll find that even they will tend to discourage against the more extreme ones.

I've never seen a leaflet that was identity politics. Now, that is of course dependent on where you live and what the political climate is like. But I will give the caveat, that even something like that, can actually be quite effective, which might be why they do it some places.

Now, I will have to admit, I didn't actually see much of Hillary's campaign, mostly because the US elections have never been that much of interest here across the pond. Only really Trump got noted from time to time, because he made some bold claims. But I do know that she did actually make a lot of speeches on jobs and economy, and they flew under the radar for a lot of people it would seem.

So I will have to mention again, that just because you don't see something, doesn't mean that it doesn't exists. And it is likely where the problem lies, that it absurdity sells more than rational.
    I live in the UK but I spent massive amounts of time following the election, because it was fascinating on multiple levels from a democracy stand point. And it was the main topic of my friend group about what was going on. I watched every debate and saw every ad and trump made jobs and economy far more prevelant than hillary. And essentially its a safe bet that the one who promises to make the most people better off wins.

Not that he will do that. I doubt protectionism is gonna work out well long term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's not a separation. A lot of poverty issues have roots in discrimination.

And now you're back to claiming you can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.

This is empty anti-left whinging. It's meaningless slander, and just makes you look ridiculous.
    Not when the bubble gum your trying to chew is stuck to your damn foot.

Your trying to solve an imaginary problem for a minority of of the population and using the majority of you media platform to talk about it.

And you want to win an election?

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    I don't want you in my country so why should I define my culture to you ?

also just noticed why your in this thread..... you like masked men don't you
    It's a shame you cannot define a word you choose to use... so sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Ignoring, of course, the fact that the real animus in all of this has to do with cultural obsessions on the right. Polling data bares this out. Trump had little to do with economics.
    You lost to an orange painted painted billionaire how's talents include being on home alone and grabbing women by the pussy.

Yet you don't get any inclination you might have a problem..... Right..... Good luck

Deleted
    I live in the UK but I spent massive amounts of time following the election, because it was fascinating on multiple levels from a democracy stand point. And it was the main topic of my friend group about what was going on. I watched every debate and saw every ad and trump made jobs and economy far more prevelant than hillary. And essentially its a safe bet that the one who promises to make the most people better off wins.

Not that he will do that. I doubt protectionism is gonna work out well long term.
    Well I can't really contest that, and it certainly on the surface looks as such. Which is likely where the American problem lies, economic leftist being undershot as a valid political alignment to have (great example, Obama made one speech on wealth inequality, the entire media goes crazy about class warfare, and he went back to never talk about it again).
    It just seems to go against their premise to accept economic leftism, and that certainly make someone like the democrats hardpressed to really come up with anything valid to run on, other than social justice, because they can most certainly be just as corporatist as the Republicans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Again, they did, but the general populace is too stupid to understand.
    If you truly belive that then why bother? You will never win anything, and your only serving to stress your self out being involved in politics. If humanity is so lost why cause all the hassle for your selves?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Why the fuck did that get turned into a gun controll issue?

...jesus fuck American media..
    Typical they are desperate to find one occasion of a gun related event elsewhere totally ignoring the fact that we have mass shootings basically everyday in the USA

The dailywire got it completely wrong, the shooters aimed at policemen. Hence the no casualties. Linked to a big drug traffic case.

http://www.europe1.fr/faits-divers/p...-passe-3659309

@Cecil Harvey
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2018-05-22 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    That's not a separation. A lot of poverty issues have roots in discrimination.

And now you're back to claiming you can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.

This is empty anti-left whinging. It's meaningless slander, and just makes you look ridiculous.
    Also Yea class discrimination.

Or are you gonna claim there's no poor white people? Or no poor men. Ever been to Glasgow?

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    You lost to an orange painted painted billionaire how's talents include being on home alone and grabbing women by the pussy.

Yet you don't get any inclination you might have a problem..... Right..... Good luck
    Where did I say that? The DNC does have a problem, but it's not its platform.

You can ignore the data however you want, but the truth is that this election was about cultural anxiety. That's precisely why the Republicans have done precisely dick except punch a giant hole in the deficit and shit on minorities whenever they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not when the bubble gum your trying to chew is stuck to your damn foot.

Your trying to solve an imaginary problem for a minority of of the population and using the majority of you media platform to talk about it.
    It isn't an "imaginary problem".

And they never used "the majority of their media platform" on it.

Like I said; you're dealing with your own fantasy world, not reality.

And you want to win an election?

Good luck.
    To be utterly frank, I live in Canada. This stuff isn't even a political football up here.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Yea class discrimination.

Or are you gonna claim there's no poor white people? Or no poor men. Ever been to Glasgow?
    I have family in Glasgow. My paternal grandmother was a war bride; second cousins and great aunts/uncles and such all over the place in Scotland, mostly in the Glasgow area. I've visited them several times.

You're now arguing against a position I never made. Because you, again, prefer your inner fantasy world to reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me you realize this is a condemnation of the voting public, not any political party, yes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's a shame you cannot define a word you choose to use... so sad.
    masks ? there a face covering, used to hide identity or for warmth or to get you excited

To be utterly frank, I live in Canada. This stuff isn't even a political football up here.

- - - Updated - - -

I have family in Glasgow. My paternal grandmother was a war bride; second cousins and great aunts/uncles and such all over the place in Scotland, mostly in the Glasgow area. I've visited them several times.

You're now arguing against a position I never made. Because you, again, prefer your inner fantasy world to reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me you realize this is a condemnation of the voting public, not any political party, yes?
    The voting public you so desperately need to win. It's funny how you guys expect votes for your side when you keep defaulting to calling people stupid for not voting how you see fit.

masks ? there a face covering, used to hide identity or for warmth or to get you excited
    I guess you are unable to define what culture you want people to follow... so sad.

It's almost like you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about, and it's merely dog whistling for your rampant racism and xenophobia.

Go ahead and let me know when you can define what culture you ant people to follow.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

passing the buck ?

if one football team loses to another was it the balls fault ? no.
    Obama managed to win didn't he ?

that's also your problem you think your good, righteous, virtues and cant do any wrong. its fucking sickening, especialy when you lecture from your ivory towers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The voting public you so desperately need to win. It's funny how you guys expect votes for your side when you keep defaulting to calling people stupid for not voting how you see fit.
    You say 'you', but I have to remind you I'm Canadian.

Also, you seriously have a misplaced sense of inevitability based on the results of one single national election, and ignoring the general pattern of elections since that time.

If the position of voters who vote Republican is "I didn't vote Democrat because they didn't have a position on these issues", and I can go to the DNC platform and point out their exact position on those specific issues, then yeah, those particular voters are stupid. Or lying. They might just be lying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I guess you are unable to define what culture you want people to follow... so sad.

It's almost like you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about, and it's merely dog whistling for your rampant racism and xenophobia.

Go ahead and let me know when you can define what culture you ant people to follow.
    where have I voiced those views ?
    oh wait you cant..so sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    passing the buck ?

if one football team loses to another was it the balls fault ? no.
    Obama managed to win didn't he ?
    I have no idea what buck you even think I'm passing.

that's also your problem you think your good, righteous, virtues and cant do any wrong. its fucking sickening, especialy when you lecture from your ivory towers.
    Aaaand now you're delving into anti-intellectualism. Anyone got a BINGO yet?

You say 'you', but I have to remind you I'm Canadian.

Also, you seriously have a misplaced sense of inevitability based on the results of one single national election, and ignoring the general pattern of elections since that time.

If the position of voters who vote Republican is "I didn't vote Democrat because they didn't have a position on these issues", and I can go to the DNC platform and point out their exact position on those specific issues, then yeah, those particular voters are stupid. Or lying. They might just be lying.
    Alright. And everyone that called Trump Hitler or compared them to each other is just as stupid.

It was a stupid election with a lot of stupid voters.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea what buck you even think I'm passing.

Aaaand now you're delving into anti-intellectualism. Anyone got a BINGO yet?
    Sounds like he's calling you out for being a moral superior type rather than your self stroking your "intellect".