Poll: /played to 60 if power-leveled by one other 60

/played to 60 if power-leveled by one other 60

How many hours /played did it take to get to 60 if you had one other person level 60 helping you with everything? Also, were the experience calculations changed in any patches?

Under 2 days /played
    3-4 days /played
    5-6 days /played
    7-8 days /played
    9-10 days /played
    10+ days /played

There where pretty harsh penalties for grouping outside of your level range, if memory serves.... To the point where I'm fairly certain you where actually best off soloing your way to cap.

As far as timers to get there:

Speed leveling hunter/Warlock/Feral: 4.5-5.5 days /played

Most classes speed leveling: 6ish days /played

People who know what they're doing but aren't specifically racing: 8-10 days

People who have no idea what they're doing, where they're going, and just playing straight: ~15 days

People straight mob grinding: 8-12 days /played

Much of these numbers have other variables that will impact you:

-PvP server fighting
    -PvP server builds (less efficient leveling specs that are better at PvP)

-Time spent in /rested experience is one of the largest factors as well
    You're going to see some crazy power nerds going 0-60 in the first two weeks, by brute forcing their way up the levels without caring about rested XP.... On the other hand there's also going to be players like me who end up getting 2-3 lvl 60s within a month by trying to maximize my efficiency and only leveling while rested where possible.

Hope this helps a bit.

I think there were certain level ranges that having a pocket 60 was basically a warp whistle, though: Scarlet Monastery's Cathedral in particular comes to mind.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a technique that worked in Vanilla and TBC (I think) where you partied with a high level warlock and zoned into an instance. The warlock would dot a bunch of stuff up then zone out right before it died. If done correctly, the mobs would all die with the warlock zoned out and the lowbie would get XP as if solo. I did this with a friend and got to around 50 I think. I'm not sure if it was faster than normal power leveling though.

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    There was a technique that worked in Vanilla and TBC (I think) where you partied with a high level warlock and zoned into an instance. The warlock would dot a bunch of stuff up then zone out right before it died. If done correctly, the mobs would all die with the warlock zoned out and the lowbie would get XP as if solo. I did this with a friend and got to around 50 I think. I'm not sure if it was faster than normal power leveling though.
    Several variations of this was possible, but the most efficient ways required two level 60 chars. In Deadmines you would bring both at holy/prot pala and a mage/lock/aoe class. The Pala would pull as many mobs as he could without dying and kite them back to the entrance. The aoe class would than leave party just before the paladin got back. The Paladin would now have 55-60 seconds to AOE all the mobs down to 10-20% HP, he would than BoP the char that is getting boosted and run out of the instance. As soon as he exits the instance the AOE class engages in combat and kills the remaining 10-20% remaining on the mobs. If done correctly the boosted char would get full EXP as if he soloed all those mobs himself.

Oh did they use that 60-second doom spell that did no damage until the massive hit?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Several variations of this was possible, but the most efficient ways required two level 60 chars. In Deadmines you would bring both at holy/prot pala and a mage/lock/aoe class. The Pala would pull as many mobs as he could without dying and kite them back to the entrance. The aoe class would than leave party just before the paladin got back. The Paladin would now have 55-60 seconds to AOE all the mobs down to 10-20% HP, he would than BoP the char that is getting boosted and run out of the instance. As soon as he exits the instance the AOE class engages in combat and kills the remaining 10-20% remaining on the mobs. If done correctly the boosted char would get full EXP as if he soloed all those mobs himself.
    Interesting. My wife and I are planning to roll Paladin and Mage when Classic comes out. Maybe we can sell some boosts, assuming it doesn't get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    You could also do the tap elites leveling, you just needed a couple of semi geared 60's. Take the low level character to a zone with elites that are above his level, have him get the tag on the mobs and have the 60's kill everything. We took a level 30 to 60 in 9 hours played. You start outside of BRD till level 50 and then move to Winterspring blue dragon cave for the last 9-10 levels.

If that works it'd make split runs even in the first week or two realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    -Time spent in /rested experience is one of the largest factors as well[/U] You're going to see some crazy power nerds going 0-60 in the first two weeks, by brute forcing their way up the levels without caring about rested XP.... On the other hand there's also going to be players like me who end up getting 2-3 lvl 60s within a month by trying to maximize my efficiency and only leveling while rested where possible.
    On the topic of leveling up several characters using rested EXP. There are very good reasons to level up characters to level 35, so that you can use the profession cool down to produce cured rugged hide, mooncloth and arcanite bars.

I will likely level 7 warlocks to 10, put them in an inn and slowly level them up with rested only to level 35 over a month or two. Then keep 1 slot for my main and 1 slot for an alt of my choosing.

Why warlocks? So you can use them to summon people. Very useful when world bosses spawn.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

5+ Year Old Account
    My warrior in vanilla: 18-20 days.
    My warrior on recent vanilla servers: 8-12 days.

Knowing the quests, having quest helper addons etc basically halves the time it takes.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

15+ Year Old Account
    Would you include the whole "drop group to tag" exploit as being power levelled?

If so you can cap in under a day /played if I remember Athene's antics (obviously only worked for classes with immunities like Paladins or Mage, and required longer real-time because of waiting to bank rested XP).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there something in place in the likes of 'if a party member is 20+ levels higher than you, you won't earn xp'?

Memory might serve me wrong tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Wasn't there something in place in the likes of 'if a party member is 20+ levels higher than you, you won't earn xp'?

Memory might serve me wrong tho.
    You could easily skirt that issue simply by having a high level tag the whole dungeon and drag to the entrance.

The low level drops group, uses an immunity and a single AoE spell to tag and then the high level destroys everything.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

If i recall correctly, they disabled and "fixed" the EXP gained after the first few months of TBC, i had a friend level a few alts in Vanilla with the help of another friend.

Attack to tag mob-->Higher geared char kills off outside of party-->Continue because full EXP was given.

Ultra boring, but combined with someone very geared with elite mobs it can be quiet quick leveling for Vanilla standards.

Either way, its 14 years after, leveling wont take that long cause you know everything.

All my alts on PServers have been 4 days xx hours, so probably less than that.

5+ Year Old Account
    I only had two 60's in Vanilla, a Priest and a Mage. And I didn't get to enjoy powerlevelling, although I do remember getting a lot of help from higher lvls for things like elite quests/zones (like the old Jintha'Alor in the Hinterlands).

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    On the other hand there's also going to be players like me who end up getting 2-3 lvl 60s within a month by trying to maximize my efficiency and only leveling while rested where possible.
    You can't get "2-3 60s within 1 month" while only playing with rested exp. It takes approximately 10 days of being logged out at an inn to get full rested exp, which is 150% exp. You can blow through all of that rested exp in just a few hours.

Playing 2-3 characters and only playing with rested exp is possible, but hitting level 60 on all 3 of them in under a month is not. If you were just playing until you ran out of rested exp and then switching to another character, you'd be out of rested exp on all 3 characters real fast.

And while it is less time /played, it is much more real time.

It MIGHT work if you were leveling 3 hunters and ignored the rested exp and played 10+ hours a day, but outside of that, no.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-05-27 at 04:48 PM.

Depends on the method. Going into a dungeon/an area with a lot of free high level mobs with a bunch of 60's, have them pull everything, kick you out of the group, have you tag everything with AoE and then having them kill all the mobs will make it possible to get from 1-60 in like 1½ days playtime.