Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard decided to remove all the requirements for the LFR, thus the leveling of LFR-players have only gone down in the past expansions. At the beginning, LFR was a simpler version than the first difficulty, everything tuned down, for people to get used to mechanics.

But now, Blizzard doesn't even hesitate to remove a lot of the mechanics (Varimathras, Coven, Avatar etc are a complete shame), and this is where lies the problem.

So yeah, I'm doing quite a lot of LFRs, and that's been a long time I've not one-shotted Argus. There is always at least this "first necessary wipe", usually an enrage wipe.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauguy View Post
    As a 962 Affliction warlock who hasn't done LFR much at all this expansion, but moved more toward Normal/Heroic/Mythic. I being the poor sap that I am decided you know what I need some more of that "Bad Luck Protection" so lets hop into an LFR and kill some bosses. Well was I mistaken or what, 7 stacks of determination later Argus the Unmaker has fallen.

This group and possibly LFR as a whole, has made Argus in my opinion the Much harder to kill that its Heroic Counter part.

Allyourbasearebelongtous
    Regards,
    Tauguy
    largely depends on the group. I've been in one shot groups where everyone does the mechanics properly to a group just recently which had some knobhead dps who kept pulling with only one tank there. generally if you have people dps-ing somewhat properly and nobody dies in P1 then you should be good

LFR should be fine if you do it at a time these noobs are at work, and people are messing around with their alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    All LFR bosses are harder than heroic, because of the people you get stuck playing with.
    Even worse when those people start working on alts.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

As a 962 Affliction warlock who hasn't done LFR much at all this expansion, but moved more toward Normal/Heroic/Mythic. I being the poor sap that I am decided you know what I need some more of that "Bad Luck Protection" so lets hop into an LFR and kill some bosses. Well was I mistaken or what, 7 stacks of determination later Argus the Unmaker has fallen.

This group and possibly LFR as a whole, has made Argus in my opinion the Much harder to kill that its Heroic Counter part.

Allyourbasearebelongtous
    Regards,
    Tauguy
    No.

If you kill H Argus with the intended ilvl, which is 945 and pug it, you will probably wipe more than on LFR. LFR is almost always mostly made up of a lot of people who are of appropriate gear level for LFR. Those "AFK" players? They're not AFK. Their gear is just so poor that it looks like they are just auto attacking. 400K dps is not that bad at 890 ilvl. Admittedly, that's below what organised raiders were putting out in NH, but in the context of who is actually there, it is acceptable.

If you get a pug that is on Heroic Argus with the intended ilvl, you have no show of killing it. Not a fucking chance, especially this late into the raid. People who are 945 now are the shittiest players in the game. They've rolled through LFR and normal and fluked their way into some gear. They think they are ready for H content but they will get destroyed. If you have a raid full of these types of players, I see them killing 3 or 4 bosses. They wouldn't even make it to Argus.

In short, if you think LFR is harder than Heroic content, get your head out of your ass and stop being an elitist douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I would say no my old mythic guild decided to test if lfr was indeed harder and we had issues with the bosses dying under thirty seconds.

The average person who does Argus LFR is a considerably worse performer than someone who does HC/Mythic, despite what those 'I'm actually a really good player' people say.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Deleted

Allyourbasearebelongtous
    You are a true warcraft fan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Argus basically requires everyone in the raid to not be afk, since most people are freshly dinged 890 chars. I've 1 shot it a few times and wiped alot also just because you cant make the enrage with dead/afk people. heroic on the other hand, I'll join a group and if it isn't a 1 shot it will be dead the next try 90% of the time so yeah, relatively speaking, LFR is harder than Heroic.
    There's no way you can be 890 when freshly dinged. 800 at most, before heroic dungeons. 870 at most with full heroic dungeon gear.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There's no way you can be 890 when freshly dinged. 800 at most, before heroic dungeons. 870 at most with full heroic dungeon gear.
    Well you have the 880 unsullied boa gear and a argus quest line which gives you 3 910 items, so its pretty easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Timewalking gear is 880 and cost like 50 badges or less for an item and you get 500 badges from your first dungeon.

no, you're just playing with shit tier players, shit tier bads can make any content seem hard.

Depends on the group, it's just luck of the draw. Plenty of groups will one-shot it no problem, but sometimes the group is full of trolls, slackers, or people who just aren't very good at the game.

No he is objectively easier, however that of course doesn't account for people being idiots or not giving enough of a fuck to even try and do more than auto attack the boss or not dying on purpose early in the fight.
    Which I guess make him harder, but thats not the boss, thats the players making it difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    What surprises me is how Aggramar - a boss that has literally one relevant mechanic to look out for in LFR - is a source of so many wipes. That boss has no business wiping anyone in LFR, yet he does. HOW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Allyourbasearebelongtous
    Regards,
    Tauguy
    Argus lfr tuninig is completly retarded - i farmed it on less playerd alts for 925 relics some time ago and it ws average of 2 wipes untill kill

blizzard is letting in people with leveling greens and are surprised that people wipe to enrgae

this is blizzard dont care anymore about casual playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    What surprises me is how Aggramar - a boss that has literally one relevant mechanic to look out for in LFR - is a source of so many wipes. That boss has no business wiping anyone in LFR, yet he does. HOW?
    i can tell you how - because people do it different way in normal / hc then come in lfr with tank alts and wipe because tanks are not used to put 4 rends into raid.

Lfr is hit or miss the longer the week goes on, all depending on who is jumping in. Right now given that the expansion is dragging to its end its a lot of boosted characters with low gear.

The boss itself isn't harder. But the people you are raiding with in LFR, 25% are botting, 30% are 110 token boostsm 5% are AFK, 30% are just pure retards and then 10% are decent / half decent players

10+ Year Old Account
    No comms + people's inability to listen/read chat + the general lack of knowledge to not stand in stuff / soak stuff is what makes LFR atrocious from time to time.

And the 6 stacks into determination tank saying "oh yeah lol first time tanking for ez queue, no tacts, explain plx?".

usually asdasdassddas