Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    For you isnt endearing/engaging/emotional.

I loved it.
    you like characters who yoyo between emotions because writer aren't mature enough to develop them better? Well by all means, enjoy.
    #boycottchina

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with that in BfA - this is a total war scenario where both sides should be baying for the other's blood, so to speak. Teldrassil leaves very little room for politicking, and peace is probably only to go come about when one side finally relents or is rendered unable to continue to the fight. I think Anduin and Velen want peace but they have resigned themselves to war, though if Sylvanas were supplanted as Warchief by someone more amenable to sharing power then I have little doubt that peace talks would probably be in the future.
    Resigning oneself to war is a bit different from making your enemy suffer. The Horde has no hurdles doing this, the Alliance always has someone like Anduin giving his worthless opinion on the subject. Anduin and the humans of Stormwind have lost nothing, they don't get to dictate the terms of peace they should be kept as far from it as possible. Having someone more 'amenable' isn't going to bring back all those killed by Horde aggression nor is it a guarantee they won't just die or wander off and appoint another belligerent warchief. The Horde needs its capacity for war crippled and its people relocated. Silithus is now an open zone, the Orcs can stay there and loot Ungoro if they need anything.

Khadgar is many things, but "naive" isn't one of them. He simply knows that if the Alliance and Horde don't cooperate to save and preserve Azeroth then it won't matter who was right or wrong, or who was victorious in their war - both the Alliance and Horde will be a memory preserved only by ghosts inhabiting a dead world.
    And he never gave a thought to what would happen afterwards which is naive. The Horde is seeking to make sure the Alliance are nothing but ghosts and doing a good job of it and why the writing continues to be this awful is beyond me.
    The central conflict of BfA is already essentially feckless as it is set against the backdrop of a grievously wounded Azeroth while both Alliance and Horde have an arms race in the form of bickering over the world's lifeblood like vultures bickering over a gazelle carcass.
    Horde seeks it to make a super weapon to exterminate the Alliance. Why do people keep forgetting this? it's not feckless. The Horde leadership, for better or worse, has concluded it doesn't need the Alliance to 'defend the world'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The diffrence is that blizzard doesn't try to make sylvanas "likeable" and "sympathetic" on every step.
    Depends on which faction you thump your chest for. If you are Horde and love wrecking the shit out of the Alliance, SYlvanas is your girl. If you are one of those people who just wants to play heroes and be a milquetoast good guy with as much grit as a clean room in a microchip manufacturing facility, the Alliance is there waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Yeap I hope one day a *random person of any given race* does that to you, based on the scenario you defend. It also means you will forget everything good *the other person of that same race* did to you and you won't be able to remember it clearly.
    This line of thought never crosses the Horde's minds, why should it only apply to the Alliance? The Alliance has been saving the Horde from itself and the threats to the world from day one, and as soon as they are over, some idiot recalls Garithos or the internment camps or the meanie Scarlet Crusade and it's justification for exterminating the Alliance 'For survival'. lmao it's funny watching people squirm when an Alliance character feels that way about their Horde. All of them should feel that way and act on it. But the Alliance is weak and never will.
    Gotta go back to the roots. I don't remember that the tree and the soil are rotten and poisoned.
    Isn't funny how the only reason the horde is as strong as it is is because humans are written so weak, so forgiving, so spineless and their HUMAN POTENTIAL numbs the brains of their non-human allies, and the writers wouldn't have it any other way? I don't know about you but I'd rather be a loser on the Alliance annoyed that Anduin is a spineless lout than some puffed up peacock on the horde knowing the only pride comes because Anduin is going to be written as the Horde's saviour too. Then you will know HUMAN POTENTIAL yourself.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    Resigning oneself to war is a bit different from making your enemy suffer. The Horde has no hurdles doing this, the Alliance always has someone like Anduin giving his worthless opinion on the subject. Anduin and the humans of Stormwind have lost nothing, they don't get to dictate the terms of peace they should be kept as far from it as possible. Having someone more 'amenable' isn't going to bring back all those killed by Horde aggression nor is it a guarantee they won't just die or wander off and appoint another belligerent warchief. The Horde needs its capacity for war crippled and its people relocated. Silithus is now an open zone, the Orcs can stay there and loot Ungoro if they need anything.
    This isn't how disagreement between two powerful factions works, for better or worse - both the Alliance and Horde have valid points for conflict, and whether or not you view one side as the aggressor or the victim is largely a matter of perspective and specific demarcation (I've seen strong arguments for both sides from various parties, and both strike me as ultimately legitimate to a degree). But the goal of conflict is always resolution, it is only a matter of how you want that resolution to take form - peace struck between two parties or the complete removal of a party and thus the need for conflict itself. In the end, I doubt either the Horde or the Alliance truly has the power to completely remove its opposite from the board; it may beat them into a state where they can temporarily no longer fight, break their capitols and crush their standing armies, but it would only see elements of the enemy (Horde or Alliance) go to ground to regroup and reform over time.

And he never gave a thought to what would happen afterwards which is naive. The Horde is seeking to make sure the Alliance are nothing but ghosts and doing a good job of it and why the writing continues to be this awful is beyond me.
    What happens afterwards is that the world goes on living, and the beings on it continue to have their triumphs and tragedies accordingly. Khadgar's conflict is against external threats to life itself, not the push and pull of factions. Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall, after all; we know this from history. Neither the Horde nor the Alliance will last forever, and if there's to be a new people in a new society than there needs to be a world for them as well.

Horde seeks it to make a super weapon to exterminate the Alliance. Why do people keep forgetting this? it's not feckless. The Horde leadership, for better or worse, has concluded it doesn't need the Alliance to 'defend the world'.
    But we (the external we, the people who read and know the story) know that this is ultimately wrongheaded - the Horde, if it truly has come to such a conclusion, is simply in error. This is why the conflict is feckless, and ultimately pointless. The rising threat of N'Zoth playing like a low-level dissonant chord demonstrates it, and the coming conflict with the Void (and possibly the Light) underscores it. Without the combined might of the Alliance and the Horde Azeroth's World-Soul will be snuffed out or strangled lifeless, and this is if it doesn't bleed out completely while the two forces are busy fighting one another over shiny rocks.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Interesting comic, I liked it. I hope they continue with these more character-focused and introspective ones rather than the world-shattering stuff in previous comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you like characters who yoyo between emotions because writer aren't mature enough to develop them better? Well by all means, enjoy.
    quote for this... the way the comic is looking back on Admiral Proudmore's assassination just feels wrong. he wasn't going a field to protect theramore... he was hunting orcs fleeing the EK.

The Alliance never gets revenge. It's an ongoing theme.
    Yet they also get to instigate conflicts and don't get punished for it. Hell the main reason Theramore was a target was because their troops attacked the horde before Garrosh marched into Ashenvale. Durotar and Crossroads were hit hard by her own forces. She acted like she wanted peace yet she was the one who was allowing her troops to be the most aggressive. The damn woman doesn't even know what neutrality is either with her message to the Kirin'tor being "To be neutral you must side with the Alliance." speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

Dat Thrall tho
    Better than more "green jesus" portrayal. A morally-grey point of view on Thrall is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Better than more "green jesus" portrayal. A morally-grey point of view on Thrall is much appreciated.
    the way we're seeing it doesn't feel morally grey... more like disjointed from reality unless some other retcons are revealed.

For a 'morally grey' take on Thrall it would require some look into the actions of the character Thrall, NOT some weird out of context flash back of his face.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    the way we're seeing it doesn't feel morally grey... more like disjointed from reality unless some other retcons are revealed.

For a 'morally grey' take on Thrall it would require some look into the actions of the character Thrall, NOT some weird out of context flash back of his face.
    Considering that Thrall intentionally put Garrosh in charge and generally didn't do anything about it until it was far too late. He was more concerned with appeasing his own orc traditionalists than pursuing the peace that he bartered. From Jaina, and the Alliance's perspective, seeing Thrall as someone that didn't consider and weigh those options before putting Garrosh in charge of the Horde is far beyond shortsighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Morally grey = big teeth but mouth isn't agape

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    am i the only one not liking the way jaina is going. I want the old school jaina, despite everything that happened to her, she was never the one to decend into hate, she would always see past it all
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her

Even Jaina would get bored with this cycle. It is time to crush the Horde forever. Maybe make them slaves again. But it's probably a better idea to just kill all of them. They cannot be left alone it seems.

I will promote peace while letting the alliance use theramore to attack the horde
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Good to see that she's hated in Kul'Tiras for all she did.and was responsible for.

People like her cause the end of civilizations by being ultra naive and being easily exploited.

Deleted

I think this is actually the point. The story these people are telling is simply not true, or rather utterly tainted by their hatred and ofc by the fact that the lady Ashvane is simply poisoning their minds. The thing is, none of them was there, they simply know that their noble leader, husband and mightiest warrior got killed while he was trying to defend their land by some evil monsters from outer space. Remember the Kul Tirans still regarded orcs as the same force that came through the dark portal.
    These pictures in the comic do not show us how things really happened, they show us what the Kul Tirans think the orcs and Rexxar must have looked like when they killed Daelin. It's like the difference between a history class and a propaganda piece and the only one knowing it is propaganda is Ashvane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    The more they (and especially Golden) try to make Jaina sympathetic and misunderstood and show how she is the victim that had to endure so much the more I want to kill her and put her head on a spike outside of Orgrimmar.

I really hope that this guy is right about her, although unfortunately I can't see it happening as long as Golden is writing the story.
    hahahaha I can't wait for that to happen and all the alliance Sylvanas haters will sit there with their mouths wide open.

10+ Year Old Account
    quote for this... the way the comic is looking back on Admiral Proudmore's assassination just feels wrong. he wasn't going a field to protect theramore... he was hunting orcs fleeing the EK.
    Yep, looks like this comic was drawn by an alliance fanzie who decided jaina forgot why she stood against her father to begin with

Either that or she's become so jaded by what garrosh did, she hates all the horde now and has become so desperate to prove 'dur horde is evil wah wah daddy', that she's gone and done something reprehensible to her own allies to prove it.

That said given blizzards inability to turn the alliance into bad guys for once to show both sides of the coin, it actually be an achievement if they did turn Jaina out to be this messed up. At least that would be consistent
    Last edited by Trassk; 2018-05-23 at 08:48 AM.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Lots of triggered hordies from a mediocre comic that just about told us nothing new.
    Odd why do the horde and alliance fanbois gotta jump every single article about the opposing faction to just bash away at whatever story is being presented?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yep, looks like this comic was drawn by an alliance fanzie who decided jaina forgot why she stood against her father to begin with
    Unreliable Narrator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her
    -Attempt peace
    -Horde betrays her

Even Jaina would get bored with this cycle. It is time to crush the Horde forever. Maybe make them slaves again. But it's probably a better idea to just kill all of them. They cannot be left alone it seems.
    except shes well aware its not the whole horde, and mostly garrosh that did it?? They changed her too much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    except shes well aware its not the whole horde, and mostly garrosh that did it?? They changed her too much
    It's not just Gary. It's everyone who stayed with Gary. Then after him it's everyone who thought it was a good idea to have a mini war in Ashran, then it was Sylvanas. Now it's fucking everyone. Even Gary had less supporters and he put anything not orc in slums.

At this point it is the whole Horde.