10+ Year Old Account
    The All-ACL team is starting early today. Eagles LB Worrilow and Chargers TE Hunter Henry both tore their ACL and are out for the season.

I think I speak for everyone when I say "I hope no one on my team gets hurt". Football season definitely under way now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Chargers, I hear Antonio Gates is available...

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if he does sign somewhere, seeing as he claimed to have serious health issues.
    Yeah I'd be a little annoyed after all that BUT MAH HEALTHS if he just dipped off to somewhere else. I have no problem whatsoever with players with health issues retiring, but to play the health card and then manipulate your way to another team is pretty weak.

Packers stacking up on the (minor) injury list as well. Besides Arod, horrible year last year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good to see Edelman being able to some training again 8 months after his injury and he looks very healthy and so was Malcolm Mitchell.

Lol Patriots GM Nick caserio was also practising throwing balls at wide recievers as a QB haha
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2018-05-23 at 03:01 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Cook has failed to impress since last offseason, he was soundly beaten out of the backup spot by EJ Manuel. He was just better than McGloin, who absolutely sunk.

I reckon Cook may find himself cut or traded soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp... I guess there are other sports that don't let shitbag politicians dictate their rules, looks like I'll be watching those.

That bleacherreport thing has to be utter fucking nonsense. That can't possibly be true.

There is still an extremely easy solution to it all, just stop doing it before games at all. It is not needed and completely pointless to begin with. That is too easy and requires not taking government money to do it though.

Nashville won the bid to host the 2019 draft over Denver. I'm actually surprised Denver made it that far considering the NFLs stance with weed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They made it offical today. Nothing like mindless indoctrination and oppressing players to appease a pseudo-patriotic crowd of morons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Incognito went full "florida man" at a gym and is being held for a psych eval.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL reddit exploded.

Gonna prepare for the inevitable lockout after 2020

- - - Updated - - -

DV charges against aReuben dropped.

Gun charge reduced to a misdemeanor.

Good for Reuben, and can I repeat how much I hate lying women on serious shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm utterly stunned by this decision, I can see it being challenged in courts as unconstitutional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happens, its an immensely stupid issue to create such a divide between players and ownership over.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I'm utterly stunned by this decision, I can see it being challenged in courts as unconstitutional.
    There's some interesting law to be figured out here.

The NFL is a private entity and can thus dictate their employees code of conduct to a certain extent. What is that extent, though? Employees in the NFL certainly aren't at-will, but their contracts do have behavior clauses in them, but most of that pertains to criminal behavior. I'd be surprised if the NFLPA didn't argue that this type of behavior isn't something the league can dictate to players, since it has nothing to do with criminality. It is a subjective "tarnishing" of the image, in which case the recourse is firing - which they are free to do. But that would be a PR nightmare.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that they didn't even contact NFLPA when they passed it, I wouldn't be surprised if it violates a contractual agreement between players and the league. That said though, still want preseason to get here ASAP.

The NFLPA is notoriously weak, and the current CBA is absolute dogshit. I wouldn't be surprised if the players didn't have the right to challenge this.

Unless certain owners aren't owners anymore for the next CBA negotiations, it could be a very long process. With how the current CBA is they have all the power and can basically do whatever they want. I turn the channel or leave the room every time the national anthem is done for anything so I don't care about what they do with it, but there is a lot of other things that need to change too.

Kind of on that note, Jed York said they will be closing concession sales during the national anthem period. Sounds like a fantastic idea to do at a time that is probably the busiest for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some A+ forsight by the NFL here. Congratulations you now have the other side of the fanbase boycotting you.

Just get rid of the anthem bar afc/nfc champ games and superbowl.

I mean, they made a choice. The other side of the fanbase isn't going to hurt the bottom line as much.

Hell, I'm a pretty hardcore liberal, I'm not boycotting the games.

I'm actually pondering kneeling at the anthem in the stands now, though. But that might get me killed, even by my 30 year season ticket holder neighbors.