Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I really doubt that. My gold missions are like 10-15 hour long giving 3k gold....Unless you guys have better luck.
    Here is how I did my math:

3k/day = 90k gold/month.
    You should get a min of 1/day (with 6 hour resets), but usually more.
    So, getting 100k/month on a toon is pretty average.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt that. My gold missions are like 10-15 hour long giving 3k gold....Unless you guys have better luck.
    Part of this might be how many times per day you check your missions. If you use the app you might check 2-3-4 times per day or more. I don't use the app. I send my goldslaves (or whatever we should call them) away in the morning as I drink my coffee and then I don't check in again until the next morning. So if there is gold mission up that is great, if there is none then they get sent on something else. So I tend to go for missions that preferably last slightly less then 24h so that they are up again when I check next time. Some days as noted there are no gold missions, some days there are three (there has never been more then three as I recall) (per character if that was unclear).

For me this averages out to about 20k-30k per character per week, or about 110k per month. Multiply up with 14 toons and I bring in about 1.4M gold per month this way. If I checked more often and went for running many shorter missions it might be somewhat more gold. The yield per mission is usually about 2.5-3k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    I have this theory that the manic 50-alt guy is actually more common than we think. I have a feeling there's a lot of o called "casuals" who don't do much more than level and re-level alt, never really participating in the grouped or end-game content at all.
    My guild used to have a few of these - they'd level all their server slots - then delete and repeat (with same classes)
    That might be. I see the types of players as different tho, there is a difference between just frantic leveling and having characters ready and setup to be your gold-slaves. I know a few players that I would classify as grinders, they like leveling. It seems almost zen-like to them, or they try and be faster and faster or they have some other goal and then when they are done they start over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    spend 1 hour working IRL and buy a game token is by far the fastest way.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Part of this might be how many times per day you check your missions. If you use the app you might check 2-3-4 times per day or more. I don't use the app. I send my goldslaves (or whatever we should call them) away in the morning as I drink my coffee and then I don't check in again until the next morning. So if there is gold mission up that is great, if there is none then they get sent on something else. So I tend to go for missions that preferably last slightly less then 24h so that they are up again when I check next time. Some days as noted there are no gold missions, some days there are three (there has never been more then three as I recall) (per character if that was unclear).

For me this averages out to about 20k-30k per character per week, or about 110k per month. Multiply up with 14 toons and I bring in about 1.4M gold per month this way. If I checked more often and went for running many shorter missions it might be somewhat more gold. The yield per mission is usually about 2.5-3k gold.

That might be. I see the types of players as different tho, there is a difference between just frantic leveling and having characters ready and setup to be your gold-slaves. I know a few players that I would classify as grinders, they like leveling. It seems almost zen-like to them, or they try and be faster and faster or they have some other goal and then when they are done they start over again.
    Thanks I stand corrected then. Not bad if you can stomach the gameplay. After I had all the class mounts and stuff on each alt I just was to bored by it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    I suspect that most people with a lot of alts sort of did the same things. I wouldn't even call it "leveling" in the normal meaning of the word. A lot of alts was leveled up with the pre-legion event. It was more or less afk-leveling. Get to the zone and hang around there. In Legion you do the same but with the Invasion events, except you have to play a bit then. Actual zone questing and leveling is kept at a minimum and only done to progress the class order hall and quests to gain followers. The rest of the setup is mostly just waiting time to get the xp, gear and armor up on your followers. Which you really for the most parts can't, or couldn't, really do much about but wait and hope for the best. Beyond that there is the Meatball brawl you have to go back and forth a few times and then Argus which you could just knock out in a couple of hours at worst and then back to waiting and running missions again. So not hard, not a massive amount of effort, it just takes time and planning and it's fairly boring -- but once you are done it's just one giant gold mine.
    This is a perfect summary

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If you are starting now and have just a single level 110 then the best method is raw gold out of old raids and the like. Not efficient but if you put in the time you can get something at least.
    You can make more gold farming starlight rose than you can for old raids if you know how to server hop and know how to farm

- - - Updated - - -

You see, unfortunately I'm old-school MMO player, with roots in MUDs and EQ. I can't understand why anyone would want to play RPGs like this?
    Standing idle in invasion instances, waiting for level ups with 22 chars.. leeching off others.. for gold. Kill me now.

Also, designing a game that allows and encourages this behavior shows just how deep into the MAU-driven hell Blizzard is into.
    Your old school mentality is what prevents you from obtaining gold. I'm going to venture to guess that you weren't successful financially in those other games either. Means to a way, that's all it is. You call it leeching, I call it putting simple minds to work in order to accomplish a task. Most of my leveling was done while I watch tv, or at work (I had a laptop and an internet connection), or while I played Beta (legion pre-launch). It's all very simple, and your outdated mentality is a roadblock for you

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway it also comes down to what you enjoy in the end...I hate playing alts, only do it for collecting stuff really, so yea...And then I cant even imagine being on the phone every day doing that task...damn ;o Having to find down-time and then spend it on that app.-. meeh. Hated getting all the class mounts hehe.

AH play is just more fun to me. I can just pop on my bank alt at my own time when I want to, do just re-listing, or find time to buy mats, and later craft items on the 3-5 character's I use it for.
    There are 6 hour, 8 hour, 19 hour missions. Also, 6-8 hour primal Sargerite missions. You get multiple missions per day. It generally equals out to 35-40k per toon per week, so an average of 140-160k per month. If you need more information, professions tabs, class hall optimization thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    spend 1 hour working IRL and buy a game token is by far the fastest way.
    Sure, now consider 15m gold. If you want to spend that kind of money on a video game, that's your prerogative. But I don't see that being an intelligent use of money
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry if I offended with my comment, wasn't meant as such. Reading it back, I guess I was a bit condescending. Sorry.
    I've never been much to solo grinding anything in MMOs, I don't understand that kind of gameplay at all, my silly old-timer mindset makes it "group or nothing" game for me, but my guild sold our fair share of mythic and heroic clears after progression so gold has never been an issue to us, the raiding team was free to withdraw token money from the bank at will. Not that I ever did - I pay the sub with real money.

I guess more modern types of MMO gameplays fascinate me, because I could never do it myself.
    Oh pleasr, don't take what I said as being malicious, and I didn't take yours that way. Differing ideas doesn't make us enemies in anyway. I don't want you to feel as if I was attacking you, just simply responding. Sorry for the confusion
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Do whatever you like to do. Your comment was still useless.
    In context, I was offering my experience to the poster I quoted as an offering of what he may find helpful. Your complete lack of understanding has no bearing on whether or not my comment has any use. Thanks for playing, but you clearly don't have the brainpower to keep talking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    I was having a similar experience until I stacked Mission Duration Reduced By items on all my followers across all my characters. Now they're able to complete around12 missions a day (usually in sets of 4) with the first and third sets having a couple of gold missions each.

I still tend to make as much or more off AH as I do with this across all my characters in a week, but it's still nice and passive.
    Just one mission reduced duration per toon, then success on the two remaining slots?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Just one mission reduced duration per toon, then success on the two remaining slots?
    its just personal preference, but im using at most 1x30% reduced duration and 30% success+ 50% on their own counter on all toons.... but i also noticed that it doest really matter in the end, its rng what missions spawn. even my newest toons have no problem completing all missions at 200% with inferior items on 1-2 slots. just make sure u have 3 spell counter and 2 from the others. (double bonus loot counter is extremly often double spell)
    Last edited by mmoc2bd82fc0b8; 2018-05-23 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I'm not really seeing the "cash flow" from missions. Right now I get maybe 2-3 gold missions every few days?

600g reward and a whopping 1500g on a bonus! Whew!

A staggering 5k gold a week to be had honestly, not sure what the fuss is about.
    do you have 12+ order halls ? if you did you would see it.

most of people who rely on order halls have usually 20+ max level alts to farm gold this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    do you have 12+ order halls ? if you did you would see it.

most of people who rely on order halls have usually 20+ max level alts to farm gold this way.
    i think he neither cares nor has any knowledge about the topic, he doesnt react to quite a few different quotes.

i have 0,93 gold missions per login per character, depending on how often i want to login that are 37-111 gold missions per day (one mission is 2750~ gold on average)

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    This. I autopay both accounts every 6 months, and use gold I make in game for buying mounts/pets/etc...
    well tokens were nice pace change when they were costing 30k gold - now i find it hard to justify pushing 350k for a token - still it was a nice save over duration of 3 years when i used 36 of them - 13 euro x 36 months is nearly 470 euro saved - yes its not a big amount but its a nice extra pocket change.

in BfA im going back to paying for my sub but gonna sometimes liquidate excessive amount of gold for battlenet balance - its still nice not having to pay for expansions or new pets/mounts in game or even virtual blizzon ticket .

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Right now I get maybe 2-3 gold missions every few days?
    Every few days was before 7.3 and argus missions. Atm it's more like "few times per day with occasional dry spell due to rng".

P.S. Having even only 2 equipment slots unlocked vs 3 and having only the starting argus missions (ilvl 900) instead of full upgrade is still worth on new chars, they can have semi decent success rate just with krokul sledgehammer + green 30% to counter. To the point I'm thinking pushing an extra char in spare time might be worth over upgrading the ones that haven't done full argus. Only problem is some class campaigns are much more tedious than others... I still have few old WOD garrison mules hanging around lvl 100 (no I wouldn't level from scratch for that).
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-05-23 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Buy a token, sell on AH and you dont have to worry about gold anymore for at least a year.

spend $100 on tokens and have mill+ gold. easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Yes, one reduced duration and two increased success is what I'm using at the moment. Every one of my champions has at least a 25% reduction Argus token which cut down times considerably.