Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    This was posted today, i'm sure you'll find it interesting.
    I agree with him too. ML is (was) better for raid progress, which he explicitly stated by mentioning gearing prios and reasons for them. He also explicitly stated that for his own personal reasons (not a GM, not a raid leader, not as raider BUT as a m+ pusher!) PL will help him more. What is there not to understand? I mean ... I know people will want to use words without their context as arguments - it seems like basic mmoc "discussion" culture to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    1 player who isn't even the raid leader/guild master speaks for the entire guild? Or even better the entirety of high end mythic guilds?
    Is Jdotb even in Method? Isn't he just using the name for his m+ team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    Is Jdotb even in Method? Isn't he just using the name for his m+ team?
    I think he was part of the Method brand, exactly for his m+ team. I mean, even Cdew is part of that, doesnt mean he knows shit about high end raiding or even ML in general. And even if he is actually in the guild itself, he is a social there. He has nothing to do with the raid team
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    So wait, let me get this straight; you actually think that getting a job is the reward? So what's your salary, a bonus? Charity?

Let me know where you're from, so I can avoid that place like the plague.
    he probably didnt work even day in his life if he is making ridiculous statements like this .

- - - Updated - - -

1 player who isn't even the raid leader/guild master speaks for the entire guild? Or even better the entirety of high end mythic guilds?
    oh ye - you should try to call him lfr scrub next, to descredit him ^^

its beyond hillarius when both exorsus and method players are happy with PL yet there are still people here, desperate to defend ML just to keep the abuse circle going

also cant deny a bit of personal satifaction when he is giving argument that i made earlier about healers being abused by giving loot to dps first as general rule ^^
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-05-23 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    The next time I am invited to some 2-3days assessment center or asked to develop and propose a dedicated strategy/product/solution as part of my hiring process I will ask to be paid for the time spent on these. MMOC experts said I should, must be legit.
    wow, you trying to be sarcastic...

If company you interviewing for is profiting from what you did during the interview - yes, absolutely, you can and should ask for compensation. If not - no.
    And no, it is not from MMO experts, it is from common sense and in some cases/coutries - by the law.

Raid group is clearly profiting from what new raiders do during boss fight.

So no surprise - you failed. Again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JackWest View Post
    I think he was part of the Method brand, exactly for his m+ team. I mean, even Cdew is part of that, doesnt mean he knows shit about high end raiding or even ML in general. And even if he is actually in the guild itself, he is a social there. He has nothing to do with the raid team
    You are 10/11M now. He was 11/11M in Feb. It takes me 30 sec to check.
    why are you doing this....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dikka View Post

If company you interviewing for is profiting from what you did during the interview - yes, absolutely, you can and should ask for compensation. If not - no.
    And no, it is not from MMO experts, it is from common sense and in some cases/coutries - by the law.

- - - Updated - - -

You are 10/11M now. He was 11/11M in Feb. It takes me 30 sec to check.
    why are you doing this....
    What does my 1 boss lower than him have to do with what region/guild he plays in? Let me clear smth. I am not saying jdotb doesnt know what he is talking about. I am saying peiple like the guy who quoted it it shouldnt take the first sentence as thenholy grail, without reading everyting. Jdotb never days ml is bad or should be removed. He simply states he is happy with it being removed, because he has personal problem with how its used

P.S. about my post that you quoted. Method is EU guild and Jdotb is US player
    Last edited by JackWest; 2018-05-23 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realfleks View Post
    Getting a job after an internship/getting tested is a reward yes - that the wage coming along with said job is a reward too is rather easy to understand.

Theres many companys testing you before giving you the actual job - some of them without payment too.
    Getting it means getting a stable income (your reward,remember?) so it shouldnt be too hard for you to understand the concept of "making it" being a reward in itself already.
    Oh the density. Trials aren't interns. You're not hiring them for the purpose of teaching them a skill. They're not assigned a mentor who guides their education, development and growth. Now do yourself a favour and stop using this utterly flawed comparison. It's not a very difficult concept to comprehend, even for you.

In regular, non third world countries, you get paid for a job; there is no unpaid trial period. The trial period is either one or two months, thereafter the employer decides whether to keep you on and what type of contract to offer you. But in the meantime you receive proper compensation for the vacancy you fill, unless you're dimwitted enough to accept a slaver's terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Ontopic: ML should just stay because of the CHOICE to use it. Taking it away reduces choices.
    That's one opinion. I believe ML takes away choices, rather than increasing them. As I explained, a Hobson's choice isn't an actual choice.

The next time I am invited to some 2-3days assessment center or asked to develop and propose a dedicated strategy/product/solution as part of my hiring process I will ask to be paid for the time spent on these. MMOC experts said I should, must be legit.
    Well, whaddya know. You're doing the same thing you've been doing all along!

Henceforth thou shalt be known as "Tsharna, Master of Fallacy and Supreme Ruler of Inconsistencies. ".
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-05-23 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dikka View Post

I like my failed career. Will your parent's insurance pay as much as my failed job if I follow through with your social justice wisdom in the real world?
    In other words: if you only had any clue about the topics you expertly address in them internetz. I wish you all the best on your long and painful journey from sjw to real life. May you get there some day.

Deleted
    No, they don't. Only if any other member doesn't want that item.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wish I could edit the title to "Trials will get loot too."

The thread seems like it's stuck on loop-until-implemented.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are not saying that, don't be silly.

They are saying there should be a lottery deciding who gets paid, including you, CEO and everyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    They are not saying that, don't be silly.

They are saying there should be a lottery deciding who gets paid, including you, CEO and everyone else.
    A lot of them are saying "wtf are you saying? this is a computer game and not similar enough to those."
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    A lot of them are saying "wtf are you saying? this is a computer game and not similar enough to those."
    Actually the comparison was drawn and kept up later many times by the ML hate group.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    It's idiotic comparison, but both sides are doing it anyway. And it only shows that, regardless of anyone's opinion on the subject, Blizzard picked a perfect argument to support it. Makes me wonder how the game didn't collapse on itself when Loot Master Tyrants were supposedly running rampants for over a decade.

If you are developing a solution for the company then yes, you should be paid...wtf? Why would any company ask you to develop a solution for them during the hiring phase?

Unless you are talking about just some whiteboard work the company asks you to do to prove you know how to program. I can't tell since this comment makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    If you are developing a solution for the company then yes, you should be paid...wtf? Why would any company ask you to develop a solution for them during the hiring phase?

Unless you are talking about just some whiteboard work the company asks you to do to prove you know how to program. I can't tell since this comment makes zero sense.
    Tell me about it. No one here claimed that you should be compensated for applying to a guild and sitting through an interview, yet he keeps bringing up this laughable “argument”.

It’s as you said mate, his comments (in general) don’t make any sense at all. Their only use is to distract inattentive people in an attempt to support his delusions of adequacy.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-05-23 at 12:25 PM.

In my opinion, guilds should have the posibility to manage the loot in their raids as they want to. If the main reason of that are "trials", you need to change mentality of the people, not the permissions of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataz View Post
    In my opinion, guilds should have the posibility to manage the loot in their raids as they want to. If the main reason of that are "trials", you need to change mentality of the people, not the permissions of loot.
    You’re not the only one with that opinion. But why should the guild be able to manage the loot, if the loot is not theirs to begin with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its beyond hillarius when both exorsus and method players are happy with PL yet there are still people here, desperate to defend ML just to keep the abuse circle going

also cant deny a bit of personal satifaction when he is giving argument that i made earlier about healers being abused by giving loot to dps first as general rule ^^
    I didn't know Jdotb spoke for the entire method guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know Jdotb spoke for the entire method guild.
    He is not even in the guild. He just uses the "brand" as his M+ team is called like that. He is on Turalyon US and the actual "guild" is on Tarren Mill EU. I do understand why he is happy for ML being removed. He dislikes how its used(healers last on prio for loot), but never ever he said ML is bad system and should be removed, which is what mr. Kamuimac keeps preaching about