Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    They are only removing the mage tower quest so you cant do it at lvl120. Without the quest you cant get apprearances. If you have done the quest you can get all the apprearances.
    Better solution to that would be locking the quest availability to 110 as a maximum. That way you can lock experience gain on your character and still work for them at any given time, rather than removing content for the sake of removing exclusive content restricted to one expansion.

I mean, it renders it obsolete because imagine if a new player comes (child ages up enough to play the game) two expansions from now and sees a Demon Hunter with awesome burning glaives, gets a boner and wants to compete with the challenge for it. Bad luck eh? Growing up in the wrong time and not being able to do it now, supoose it's a generation issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah don't remove stuff so everyone can have it so it won't be cool that someone has it said no one ever!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, classic MMOChampion.

1. Fact that they removed it gives us more reason to play current content, simply as that. I can't speak for other, but if they wouldn't remove anything, I'd just unsubscribe and wait for more exciting months. Now I must get decent gear, level my weapon, grab some legendaries, consumables, learn how to play spec and fight itself. This must works, because they have been doing this for years.

2. They warned you almost YEAR ago. Also, they revealed release date sooner than usual. Now they even gave more than promise with M+15 change (that can be more frustrating than Mage Tower, because in addition to whole gearing/learning process you also must find decent group).
    And what you do in response? Whine of course. Jesus, this is so pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    So if I understand this right, as long as you've unlocked the base appearance by clearing the mage tower you'll be able to unlock the other tints in BfA if you haven't had the time, right?
    Cause I unlocked the frost mage staff on my nightborn and I really want the tint from winning i think it was 10 battlegrounds, since that color tint matches her heritage armor.
    You only need to complete the quest/challenge for the Mage Tower artifact skin, for the base model.
    You can do the rest of the tints at your own leisure, whether before or 5 expansions after Battle for Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If every football player had a superbowl ring, it wouldn't really mean much would it?
    People also don't pay a few hundred bucks a year to play football now do they?
    Also anyone can go and buy a replica of a football ring, expensive but they can ,but guess what in wow you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    You only need to complete the quest/challenge for the Mage Tower artifact skin, for the base model.
    You can do the rest of the tints at your own leisure, whether before or 5 expansions after Battle for Azeroth.
    That is still doing the mage tower 36 times because maybe just maybe some day you will class change. Or blizzard will make the artifact mogs free game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Ah, classic MMOChampion.

1. Fact that they removed it gives us more reason to play current content, simply as that. I can't speak for other, but if they wouldn't remove anything, I'd just unsubscribe and wait for more exciting months. Now I must get decent gear, level my weapon, grab some legendaries, consumables, learn how to play spec and fight itself. This must works, because they have been doing this for years.

2. They warned you almost YEAR ago. Also, they revealed release date sooner than usual. Now they even gave more than promise with M+15 change (that can be more frustrating than Mage Tower, because in addition to whole gearing/learning process you also must find decent group).
    And what you do in response? Whine of course. Jesus, this is so pathetic.
    Just because they gave us a lot of time does not male the idea that we need to do something 36 times or forever for all of eternity be punished, a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwing View Post
    Yeah don't remove stuff so everyone can have it so it won't be cool that someone has it said no one ever!
    Or you know, they could design a game that allows completionists to play. And allows for lots of customization and choice instead of appealing to the ego stroking narcissists.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Saves me some grinding time just 2 classes left for mage then.

Thanks Blizzard. My alts are happy now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    So if I understand this right, as long as you've unlocked the base appearance by clearing the mage tower you'll be able to unlock the other tints in BfA if you haven't had the time, right?
    Yes they mentioned this some time ago. I would link the tweet from WarcraftDevs but I can't post links on here.

Here is what it says though: "UPDATE: If you unlock the Mage Tower's base appearance before the end of the expansion, you can obtain the color variants for that appearance post-Legion."

EDIT: Screenshot of tweet: imgur.com/a/yymx7q7

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I've been saying this since the challenge mode stuff: Just make the rewards doable, but, make them a challenge is all... RIGHT? I mean I didn't work that hard, and I'm sure most people would like to have a Challenge mode set from Mop.. Hell I'd love to have the priest one.. (I only have warr and PAL), but sadly they were removed. ( If you're reading this blizz, put all the challenge mode items on the Black Market AH <3 )

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Good to see they're at least keeping that appearance obtainable. I don't see any reason to remove it.

I wish they would stop removing things from the game to keep them 'exclusive'.
    It all started with the ZA bear. At the time achievements were new, so anyone who actually obtained the bear mount felt special. As time went on, they stopped doing this with mounts but then Draenor came around and we got the moose mount from Heroic/Mythic Archimonde. I see it from both sides. I do wish some things weren't removed just because but I also understand why some things in this game are considered special. The Mage Tower challenge makes sense to go away though. It's a challenge for level 110 players. After 110, what's the point of it having been a challenge if it would still be available? :/

Deleted
    Very nice. Glad I don't have to gear my alt rogue for mythic+15 before BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wish they wouldn't make things time exclusive. With the scaling tech they have now, there is no reason they can't lock the Mage Tower at 915 item level (or whatever the scaled down equivalent will be) and let people complete it as they will.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2018-05-24 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Good to see they're at least keeping that appearance obtainable. I don't see any reason to remove it.

I wish they would stop removing things from the game to keep them 'exclusive'.
    They don't do this NEARLY enough.

And I haven't played seriously since sometime before the Arcanist's Manasaber came out with a brief return during the Dragons of Nightmare event so it's damn near impossible for me to come back and gear up enough to get that artifact appearance at this point I think. I'm 875 ilvl. Actually thought I was lower but still...
    I REALLY wanted the Prot Warrior one so I could rock it with the Garrosh shoulders one day. FUUUUCK.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2018-05-24 at 12:32 AM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    it's damn near impossible for me to come back and gear up enough to get that artifact appearance at this point I think. I'm 875 ilvl. Actually thought I was lower but still...
    I REALLY wanted the Prot Warrior one so I could rock it with the Garrosh shoulders one day. FUUUUCK.
    There are so many catch up mechanisms including free 910 items for a bit of solo farming on Argus that if you really cared to gear up for mage tower, you could definitely manage in the 1+ month we have left. People have done it when we haven't had free concordance (free because it requires basically 2 world quests from 0), no netherlight crucible buffing weapon 15 ilvls, no ilvl 1000 legendaries (if you have lower ones you can definitely grind the upgrade item twice within few weeks) and no 910+ gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with exclusive things in game. There are no veteran rewards of any sort in WoW, so having items/mounts/whatever that only exist from a current point in time is a good way to show that you were there so to speak.
    Why? No one cares about when or for how long you've been playing. It's just pointless ego masturbation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwing View Post
    As someone with 33/36 Mage tower appearances (no real desire to get the monk ones but will probably do it anyway), I have absolutely no problem with them keeping those skins available forever. Other people having them doesn't diminish from my gaming experience.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2018-05-24 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

And I haven't played seriously since sometime before the Arcanist's Manasaber came out with a brief return during the Dragons of Nightmare event so it's damn near impossible for me to come back and gear up enough to get that artifact appearance at this point I think. I'm 875 ilvl. Actually thought I was lower but still...
    If you do the Argus stuff you should be able to get to 930 within a few weeks. From there you can get into an Antorus normal group and you should be able to brute force the prot challenge. At least that's what I did.

But yeah, I agree it sucks that they remove things as liberally as they do.

If you spend time on getting 910 token gear its doable. I did that with most of my alts that I didn't actively play this expansion. You can still do it before the august.

This is nice news for a lot of people--thanks bliz ^.^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    It in incredibly stupid, but they insist on catering to the 5% population of elitist d-bags who just can't enjoy something unless they know other people don't have access to it. Not sure why rewarding their arrogance at the expense of the majority of their players is a good business choice, but it's their player-base to alienate... not mine.

Doesn't make it any less incredibly stupid, though. e_e
    It's nothing to do with being "elitist", nor is it a "stupid" decision just because you don't agree with it. Blizzard gave plenty of warning, you only have yourself to blame if you were too lazy to obtain them.

good now if they just use that scaling tech they love to force on players and leave the mage towers in.. all will be well (my opinion)

Deleted
    I'm done now with all 36 challenges, would love it they add like an achievement for completing all:P