Thread: Battlefield V

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    When does "Always" end in your book? Realism was out the window by the time we hit Bad Company.
    BF has always been about a certain level of realism. But don't confuse that with a sim like experience. The BF series is to warfare what Forza is to games like iRacing or rFactor.

No one is saying BF is realistic, but it strives for authenticity in many aspects of the game. With this game, it will again strive to a certain level of authenticity, but clearly they are taking creative licence too, which is totally within their purview.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    BF has always been about a certain level of realism. But don't confuse that with a sim like experience. The BF series is to warfare what Forza is to games like iRacing or rFactor.

No one is saying BF is realistic, but it strives for authenticity in many aspects of the game. With this game, it will again strive to a certain level of authenticity, but clearly they are taking creative licence too, which is totally within their purview.
    would everyone rather have to buy a season pass, or deal with a character skin thats a woman and maby have a prosthetic arm.

As long as they dont do stupid shit like cod with bright pink skins or neon moving skins im fine.

Realism in design. Fun in gameplay. People who want realism please go play Arma 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlefield got the SJW cancer too, so sad. You will be missed..

Battlefield 1 was amazing, hoping this one will be good to.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Stuff! Things! Explosions! more Stuff!.

Way to much chaotic shaky cam shit where something new and exciting! needs to happen every other second.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

There needs to be more focus put on the huge contributions made in WW2 by transgender little people of color in wheelchairs.

The one reason i definately wont be playing this is simply because it`s set in WW2, much like BF1 i personally just think that the game gets boring as absolute shit when they are set in simpler times, with simpler weapons and gadgets. Not asking for them to make Battlefield into Titanfall, i just want a good variation on a modern shooter, although we have many of them (of which, few are good imo)

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Battlefield got the SJW cancer too, so sad. You will be missed..
    you got this so wrong. She is not a soldier. She is a resistance fighter. How hard is it to understand. They fought nazis under ww2. my grandfather was in milorg duing ww2 and he fought side by side with females. Just plain janes defending their country. This game is showing that side of the war.

cod ww2 put females into the army as regular equal soldiers due to SJW cancer. And i hated it so much that i did not buy that game due to that aids. This is not the case in bf5. This is historical accuracy. Nothing else. Also. They had prosthetic arms that could move at the wrist in 1500's The one shown here is a really simple 2 hook mechanical prosthetic arm. Not powered and bionic and whatever thats been mention in this thread. Just google it. Took me 2 min to find out.
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2018-05-23 at 10:44 PM.

Deleted
    Looks like its a reskin of BF1, which was basically WW2 with other looks. I hated all the automatic weapons in BF1, but now they have an excuse to use the same weapons with different skins.

I want Bad company 3. Proper and more free destruction, intense infantry combat, lots and lots of destructible buildings, less but meaningful war machines, slightly more HP so it doesnt become a twitch shooter. That is some of the elements that made BC2 great, and could be made greater.
    I heard rumors about a BC3 coming, one can only hope, for even though im a hardcore WW2 fan, BF3, BF4 and the rest all felt a bit to same'ish to me, walking in call of dutys footsteps, forgetting the legacy of BF2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    would everyone rather have to buy a season pass, or deal with a character skin thats a woman and maby have a prosthetic arm.

As long as they dont do stupid shit like cod with bright pink skins or neon moving skins im fine.
    Those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. I really don't care what they do with the game from a character design stand point. I mean in general I don't care what they do with the game at all, if I don't like the way it looks on release I just won't buy it.

I agree though, retarded customization is a definite no go from me.

Looks like a more colorful Battlefield 1 honestly. Knowing how BF1 went, there will probably be some much bigger historical inaccuracies than a woman on the battlefield. Battlefield never claimed to be historically accurate, at least it shouldn't. I've always considered their goal to be a much more cinematic type of fps, not really accurate. If the game is fun, that's all that matters.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since they said ww2 with a twist from the start. Its good to know you can tell the entire of a game from a trailer.
    They found WW2 to be misogynist and racist towards women and Black people. Take a back seat Slavs and Jews. You’re not oppressed.

I hope you don't honestly believe that the game will have no microtransactions. They specifically said no randomized purchases, and no season pass.

AKA game is going to make up all that money in straight MTs be it skins or other shit. You will just be selecting what you want to buy instead of loot box hunting it.

So yea, instead of in game gambling you're probably going to get tons of over priced MTs EA is going to get their money either way and is playing people like you like a fiddle with this attempt at gaining good will.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post

This so much. There's a reason the hypest shit in BF games have always been absolutely bonkers shit like jumping out of a plane, sniping someone else who you've been dogfighting with in the head while falling, and then stealing their plane from them.

REALISM

Seriously, does an "alternate reality" WWII (similar to how BF1 wasn't historically accurate and was an "alternate" version) really make people that angry because oh em gee there are women on the front line? Because there's not historically accurate tech in a game that's not striving for historical accuracy? Is that really what's going to ruin the gameplay experience?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    They found WW2 to be misogynist and racist towards women and Black people. Take a back seat Slavs and Jews. You’re not oppressed.
    Did they ever outright state this? Or are you making this up because it makes it easier to shit on the game?

As I said a FUCKING BF1 RESKIN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Real2016 View Post
    As I said a FUCKING BF1 RESKIN!!!!
    Really? We didn't see too much gameplay, but it looks no more like a reskin of BF1 than BF4 was a reskin of BF3, or BF3 of BF2 etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    All they needed to do was remake Battlefield 1942.

That's it.

But nooooooooo. That would be too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This so much. There's a reason the hypest shit in BF games have always been absolutely bonkers shit like jumping out of a plane, sniping someone else who you've been dogfighting with in the head while falling, and then stealing their plane from them.

REALISM

Seriously, does an "alternate reality" WWII (similar to how BF1 wasn't historically accurate and was an "alternate" version) really make people that angry because oh em gee there are women on the front line? Because there's not historically accurate tech in a game that's not striving for historical accuracy? Is that really what's going to ruin the gameplay experience?

Did they ever outright state this? Or are you making this up because it makes it easier to shit on the game?
    IIRC she doesn't even fight on the front lines per se, she's a resistance fighter, and there were definitely women among those in WW2. They were uncommon, sure, but existed, so from a realism point of view it's fine and dandy. The prosthetic does look a bit too advanced for WWII however.

Deleted
    Meh, gone are the days of the good old shooters. Give me back the style of serious games like MoH:AA, CoD1/BF1942 or UT99.