As an Ivalice fan? The latest 24 man raid is brilliant. Lots of neat minor and major references to Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII and even Vagrant Story.

I'll be running it again with my partner in crime tomorrow evening. I didn't get any loot but I did roll a 99 on one of the orchestrion rolls. I only need the gear for glamour, though. So I'm not in any huge rush.

The fights are all interesting. I'd say Construct 7 is the 'toughest' but that's mostly due to basic math being a complexity for many players.

I'm surprised...I actually have genuine issues working with numbers but managed to complete it...so it was a shame to see so many people failing.

Off topic but is there anyway to play ff tactics outside the vita?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unless you emulate it you're SOL. For some reason they don't wanna put it on another platform (looking at you, Steam...)

The original version is available on the PS3, PSP and PSV. The War of the Lions version is on also on mobile but I don't know how good that is.

Not that I know of. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a remake/remaster to be announced at E3, though.

Speaking of E3, apparently there's going to be some announcement related to FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Not that I know of. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a remake/remaster to be announced at E3, though.

Speaking of E3, apparently there's going to be some announcement related to FFXIV.
    If they do I only ask one thing: Please, don't fuck with the gameplay. Don't go jamming any of that 'prevent this kind of thing in this battle' shit from Advance or any of that gimmicky geo-panel/lift-and-throw nonsense they did in Disgaea. Straight-up FFT gameplay. PERIOD.

Can play it on your phone if you want to play the War of the Lions version.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I did not expect them to have that much HP.
    On this note, did you complete the new dungeon? How did that final solo trial go as a healer? Doing it on DPS, I could only imagine it being very annoying as a healer. Then again, my death was due to lack of healing (NPC healing isn't the best in that fight) so maybe a healer just has a slightly longer DPS stretch but no worries with self healing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    FFXV cross over event is my guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    On this note, did you complete the new dungeon? How did that final solo trial go as a healer? Doing it on DPS, I could only imagine it being very annoying as a healer. Then again, my death was due to lack of healing (NPC healing isn't the best in that fight) so maybe a healer just has a slightly longer DPS stretch but no worries with self healing?

- - - Updated - - -

I switched whm after initially failing on it as smn. It went a lot smoother cos i wasn't relying on tataru to heal me

I hope so. It's been promised for a while now - and is supposedly meant to be fairly in-depth.

I have a feeling we may also get something to do with Kingdom Hearts 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I'm kinda glad that the upgraded 360 crafted accessories have "Advanced Melding Prohibited". I was not looking forward to having to re-pentameld all my tanking accessories.

Now they can be an upgrade for alt classes and such without making tanks dish out even more for what might have been 3 patches in a row.
    I'm on the tail end of a playthrough right now on my PS2 (game is PSX).

Such a good game. Also if you are new to game, GOOD luck on Dorter It's the games first difficulty spike.

So in the Lighthouse, on the first boss...... our tank just told me that the tide pod attack is the tank buster.

The tank has to eat the tide pod.

I'm just going to pre-emptively say this is Koji-Fox's doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in the Lighthouse, on the first boss...... our tank just told me that the tide pod attack is the tank buster.

I'm just going to pre-emptively say this is Koji-Fox's doing.
    I have to eat the Tide-Pods? Dangit...lol.

I've loved the story for this patch I have to say. I was skeptical of this arc from 4.0-4.2 but I'll be damned if they didn't bring it all around and make it into a really great story for me personally.

Not to mention the stuff that happens outside of Doma...now THAT is some interesting story we'll be getting to for 5.0 I have a feeling. It's really starting to give me a set direction for the next expansion.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I have to eat the Tide-Pods? Dangit...lol.
    You have to eat them and doing so is very bad for your health!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well over my 12 years of tanking I have been impaled, blinded, mutilated, ignited, frozen solid, shot with lasers, shot with flamethrowers, covered in acid, horrifically poisoned, turned to stone, decapitated (if Lei-shen is to be believed.) whipped with Lightning, struck by Lightning, covered in Lava, ripped apart, driven insane, had my soul ripped out of my body, had tentacle experiences some only dream of, breathed on and tail whipped by more dragons that I can cound, and been crushed by so many manners of things some of which I would rather not speak about it.

I think I can eat a tide pod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    On this note, did you complete the new dungeon? How did that final solo trial go as a healer?
    Did the dungeon, yup but did not have time to complete the quest yet, will get back to you.

Went into the 24man today. Fun stuff. I like the math boss.
    Is it possible that there is no mechanic that actually requires floating for the last one?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Did the dungeon, yup but did not have time to complete the quest yet, will get back to you.

Went into the 24man today. Fun stuff. I like the math boss.
    Is it possible that there is no mechanic that actually requires floating for the last one?
    I saw some people saying you need to be in the air for some mechanic. Personally I didn't seem to fail any mechanic by just standing in the proper zone depending if I got the positive or negative charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I saw some people saying you need to be in the air for some mechanic. Personally I didn't seem to fail any mechanic by just standing in the proper zone depending if I got the positive or negative charge.
    There is no mechanic which requires you to be in the air, you want to be on the ground for both the dust move and his final move before the magnetic zones disappear. So if you have a + charge just stand in blue and if you have - charge stand in red that's all.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

With respect to the NPC healing in the solo fight, she's actually quite good as long as you kite her out of the aoe since they cause her to be stunned.

everytime a new 24 man raid comes out it makes me question the skill of the average player...

mind you im not expecting perfection like world first kills but if the boss turns away from the tank and starts goin in a circle and after 5 times you keep gettin hit and ask how do you know which way hes facing im gonna question your inteligence...

I know that there are mechanics that are dificult to see (famfrit clocks on the ground ) and stuff but there are others that extremely visual and a normal person that has any amount of adaptability would prob go i probably should x to avoid that instead of, imma just keep smashing my buttons im sure the other people can keep me up if i screw up...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.