Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    "Hey guys you know what's worse than people who want changes? People who want no changes! I don't like vanilla! So lets just change vanilla, okay? -Hansol333"

The reason these servers are happening is because a large number of people want vanilla servers, were asking for them years and playing on them until they evolved in to such a stable, accessible state, that Blizzard realized a large amount of people were interested. Hence y'know, Blizzard finally giving in an adding vanilla servers. Some of these posts go beyond ironic shitposting and venture in to the realm of the bizarre malice. Years ago people would screech when ever anyone mentioned classic servers and readily parroted the dull old line of "they'll never happen and we don't want them!". Now you're trying to sabotage it.

It smacks of a spoilt, selfish, child throwing a tantrum.
    This is just complete rubbish. First off, i have said it before, multiple times, and i find myself saying it again, but these servers are NOT happening because "a large number of people want vanilla servers, WERE ASKING FOR THEM YEARS (sic)" its just not the case. There is this weird elitist little group (and it is TINY) who are taking credit for a business decision made by a multi million dollar, listed company. The majority of the classic fanbase is actually pretty reasonable and good to talk with. Sadly, there is this TINY vocal minority who like to lash out wildly at anyone who has an opinion that doesnt perfectly line up with THEIR vision of classic. Oh, you want a change made? BURN THEM! NO CHANGES! REEEEEE....oh, you think its not coming out this year? UNACCEPTABLE! TROLL! REPORT REPOOOOOOORT!

Whats ironic is that many of this little group of twerps blatantly and aggressively attack both retail as a game, and anyone who dares suggest they enjoy the current state of the game.

What smacks of a spoiled, selfish child throwing a tantrum is the handful of vanilla fans hell bent on taking credit for the release of classic.....when it is not even released, or confirmed really, just announced as a project. You know, like Ghost, Titan, The dance studio, or endless examples of major content announced, and then 'trimmed' down the line.

I dunno, there are some quality of life changes I'd like to see (area loot, can't remember if autoloot was a thing in vanilla, stuff stacking to 200, etc.) but the problem is that everyone has their own list of changes that are acceptable to them and the lists don't necessarily overlap. The safest thing is just to keep it "pure," although even then the question is what patch is acceptable to use as the basis for the server? I think the last patch prior to the BC prepatch is probably Blizzard's best bet.

And yes, a server that matches that last BC prepatch with few if any changes IS what I'm looking for, can't speak for everyone else.

Deleted
    This is just complete rubbish. First off, i have said it before, multiple times, and i find myself saying it again, but these servers are NOT happening because "a large number of people want vanilla servers, WERE ASKING FOR THEM YEARS (sic)" its just not the case. There is this weird elitist little group (and it is TINY) who are taking credit for a business decision made by a multi million dollar, listed company.
    <image snipped>

Whats ironic is that many of this little group of twerps blatantly and aggressively attack both retail as a game, and anyone who dares suggest they enjoy the current state of the game.
    "I want vanilla but I don't want vanilla, and if you critcize me for that you're wrong!"

What smacks of a spoiled, selfish child throwing a tantrum is the handful of vanilla fans hell bent on taking credit for the release of classic.....when it is not even released, or confirmed really, just announced as a project. You know, like Ghost, Titan, The dance studio, or endless examples of major content announced, and then 'trimmed' down the line.
    Looks like you're throwing a hissy fit to me. Also you quoted my old posted that I edited it some.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-05-24 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    I dunno, there are some quality of life changes I'd like to see (area loot, can't remember if autoloot was a thing in vanilla, stuff stacking to 200, etc.) but the problem is that everyone has their own list of changes that are acceptable to them and the lists don't necessarily overlap. The safest thing is just to keep it "pure," although even then the question is what patch is acceptable to use as the basis for the server? I think the last patch prior to the BC prepatch is probably Blizzard's best bet.

And yes, a server that matches that last BC prepatch with few if any changes IS what I'm looking for, can't speak for everyone else.
    See this person gets it. Great post and great attitude. You dont claim to speak for some 'group' of people, you just speak for yourself and thats a fantastic, and sadly, rare thing here. I too would be comfortable with whatever changes blizzard want to make, so long as the overall vibe of vanilla remains in tact. There is ZERO percent chance of this game being released with zero changes (if at all) as that is just not possible. At VERY LEAST there will be some changes to hardware, and most likely, the optimisation of the game to run on modern hardware. Remember, this game is from 2004, that is a LONG time ago, and we already run into some trouble running games from that era, so "changes" are going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    <image snipped>

"I want vanilla but I don't want vanilla, and if you critcize me for that you're wrong!"

Looks like you're throwing a hissy fit to me. Also you quoted my old posted that I edited it some.
    Hahaha. Look at this guy. "800 000 registered accounts". Hahahahaha. 750 000 of those were bots trying to sell gold to people stupid enough to buy gold from a dead server. "150 000 active accounts". 120 000 of those were bots that were not caught yet. If it really was so popular, why does Nost throw the towel in as soon as there was any indication of trouble? Is it because Nost was a failed experiment and was losing money? Is it because there is only a tiny fraction of players who actually like Vanilla?

You are typical of the people who want vanilla. You get angry at people who disagree with you. You fantasize that you are the one that saved Blizzard because of the "announcement" that Classic is coming. You throw tantrums when people suggest minor changes to the game. What is worse is that your arguments are so stale that you cannot think of any new ones and end up just throwing other people's arguments back at them.

"Looks like you're throwing a hissy fit to me..."

This is truly pathetic. No wonder Blizzard's community is so toxic.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-05-24 at 03:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if the experience will be the same for people or not. But I think it should be given a chance with as few changes as necessary to make it work on modern systems and back-end databases.

If changes are deemed necessary after a while there will be time for that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    750 000 of those were bots
    Source needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha. Look at this guy. "800 000 registered accounts". Hahahahaha. 750 000 of those were bots trying to sell gold to people stupid enough to buy gold from a dead server. "150 000 active accounts". 120 000 of those were bots that were not caught yet. If it really was so popular, why does Nost throw the towel in as soon as there was any indication of trouble? Is it because Nost was a failed experiment and was losing money? Is it because there is only a tiny fraction of players who actually like Vanilla?

You are typical of the people who want vanilla. You get angry at people who disagree with you. You fantasize that you are the one that saved Blizzard because of the "announcement" that Classic is coming. You throw tantrums when people suggest minor changes to the game. What is worse is that your arguments are so stale that you cannot think of any new ones and end up just throwing other people's arguments back at them.

Um...it was because Blizzard was threatening legal action because Nost was growing quite large.

Failed experiment my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Source needed.
    You know how to use google? Find it yourself. This isn't university.
    why so mad bro

Smile

Amazing how much louder the audience clapped at blizzcon for vanilla than anything else..

10+ Year Old Account
    Moderation Note: Do not post information, historical or otherwise, about illegal private servers. If you have anything to say about this note, please send me or another moderator a private message.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Um...it was because Blizzard was threatening legal action because Nost was growing quite large.

Failed experiment my ass.
    Nost was peaking at 6000 users online just after it had the big article done on them. 6000 users is pitiful. It wasn't making any money, it was too expensive to run. Nost "developers" were glad they were going to get "sued" so they could cancel the experiment and look like heroes to the Internet.

Blizzard is not the first company that has sent a cease and desist letter to a company and the ones made to profitable companies are laughed it.
    why so mad bro

You know how to use google? Find it yourself. This isn't university.
    The burden is on your to provide it. It's your statement lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Amazing how much louder the audience clapped at blizzcon for vanilla than anything else..
    You also saw the video when it was announced. All of the clapping was done through the sound system. It was canned applause. The crowd stood there and couldn't give a shit. Vanilla as a game is not very popular. A lot of people are sort of excited about Classic but there is no such thing as this mass hype where there are millions of players foaming at the mouth waiting for Classic to come out. If there was, it would be hear by now. No, we will have to wait till 2020 for it and like the vast majority of people, I am OK with this.
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Nost was peaking at 6000 users online just after it had the big article done on them. 6000 users is pitiful. It wasn't making any money, it was too expensive to run. Nost "developers" were glad they were going to get "sued" so they could cancel the experiment and look like heroes to the Internet.

Blizzard is not the first company that has sent a cease and desist letter to a company and the ones made to profitable companies are laughed it.
    Really? Because I remember at least 10k to 11k. Server could get quite laggy when it started peaking over 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    The burden is on your to provide it. It's your statement lol.
    OK professor. I will help you. Go to google.com and type into the box thingy "amount of bots in Nost". There you go. I hope I get an A.
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    You also saw the video when it was announced. All of the clapping was done through the sound system. It was canned applause. The crowd stood there and couldn't give a shit. Vanilla as a game is not very popular. A lot of people are sort of excited about Classic but there is no such thing as this mass hype where there are millions of players foaming at the mouth waiting for Classic to come out. If there was, it would be hear by now. No, we will have to wait till 2020 for it and like the vast majority of people, I am OK with this.
    Tinfoil hat much?

Seriously, why do you hate vanilla so much. Let people love a thing lmao

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Really? Because I remember at least 10k to 11k. Server could get quite laggy when it started peaking over 10k.
    That is your rose tinted glasses again.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I mean OSRS is what I'd like Vanilla WoW to follow.

They have introduced new content in the style of the game, they just don't mess with the ultimate principles of the game.

Don't remove or alter the functionality of the game, just add stuff on top of it that works with it.

Blizzard can do the same thing.
    This. I don't really care about having vanilla exactly as it was, I just want a version of WoW that operates the way vanilla did rather than the streamlined, heavily formulaic stuff we have now.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is your rose tinted glasses again.
    No, legit, it was 10-12k.

Some people thought the fact that there were Chinese players caused the problem.

I know because I played on Nost. So don't give me this line of crap you are putting out.

"Rose tinted glasses."