P2P servers, unplayable PvP, shame on them. My first and last Bungie game, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh god wasn't saying you were. The person in this thread knows who they are and was mostly referring to a lot of subreddit users.

As I said if you enjoy the game fine. But at least you're showing you understand why people are critical. Which I respect.
    Let's chalk this one up to too many cross-conversations going on :-)

And this is what I mean @Dhrizzle. Instead of listening they shove a 10 dollar emote behind Eververse and call it "content".

How does that kind of thing help when they've already pissed off people with shit like a Warmind strike being PS4 only? It really just adds fuel to the fire. Especially considering the people pissed off about Eververse initially.
    I can't even muster the energy to care about this because the emote system is so shitty I barely use it for the free things.

But I totally get why this annoys people. With fairly minimal effort this could have been tied to a series of challenges that give some sense of accomplishment and prestige to people that earn it, but at least you can buy it outright and don't have to rely on lootboxes :P

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, we will pass that along.
    I used to love seeing that from any CM...but the past 5 months of Destiny have made me get irrationally angry any time I see that anymore.

And jesus, they put a fucking $10 emote pack with a single emote for Iron Banner in the cash shop. The one place they'd been comparatively killing it was Eververse. They'd hard-pivoted away from it around February this year, moving most of the cosmetic rewards in-game while still keeping Eververse stocked with stuff, and the community response was hugely positive. Folks were happy at the move and the complaints about Eververse largely dried up.

Then when they have a touch of positive momentum from Warmind they do dumb shit like this? I get that the low player numbers are likely hurting their bottom line, but squeezing the remaining community isn't the solution to make up that revenue. Fixing the bloody game and rebuilding your brand for existing and lapsed players is, and they're super slow on the former and still largely shitting the bed on the latter.

God, if I didn't really want to love Destiny and see it thrive I'd be able to laugh about all this stuff because it's truly a comedy of unforced errors and painfully stupid decisions...but I do like Destiny and want to see it thrive, so instead I'm largely left feeling disappointed and depressed : (

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Doesn’t matter what you think. You can’t refute what I or Eleccy said.
    There is nothing to refute. That position has nothing to do with what customers themselves want.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the customers clearly wanted Bungie to stick to their word on a few things or sort the game out. Otherwise 85% of them wouldn't have left. It's really not healthy for a game when half a year or so after the release date you lose 85% of players and whenever people present stuff they give the really basic "we hear you" attitude.

I get the insight from you though. People will buy Destiny 3. But that is also part of the issue. When people act like a company does no wrong and shits rainbows it just encourages them to release shoddy products. Quite a few games I loved went downhill for this reason and it annoys me to no end.

I don't have any issue with people here saying they enjoy the game. Just those who sweep critique under the rug and call people "trolls" or "haters" for not agreeing with them or discussing the game how they want to. It's a forum. There will be critical discussion as well as non critical discussion.

Just right now with the way Bungie have handled the game it will lean more towards critical.
    You're assuming all of that 85% left because they were unhappy with the game, and not becuase they just moved on and wanted to play a different game.

I stopped playing shortly after the last dlc, haven't even touched this one yet, and it has nothing to do with me being upset at bungie

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    There is nothing to refute. That position has nothing to do with what customers themselves want.

- - - Updated - - -

You're assuming all of that 85% left because they were unhappy with the game, and not becuase they just moved on and wanted to play a different game.

I stopped playing shortly after the last dlc, haven't even touched this one yet, and it has nothing to do with me being upset at bungie

I can assure you, that you're in an exceptionally small minority with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Look, I hated the first DLC, I hated hated hated it, I thought it sucked the biggest dick in the world and it did cause me and my friends to quit. Even saying that though it is LITERALLY impossible for all 85 percent of people that quit (assuming that percentage is true to begin win) to all quit over the exact same reason. It doesn't happen on any game. Ever. Would a majority of people quit over it? Quite likely, but it is literally impossible for every single last person to quit for the exact same reason.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I may be, not trying to argue that point. Just saying that the claim that 85% left because they were upset with bungie is false.

I may be, not trying to argue that point. Just saying that the claim that 85% left because they were upset with bungie is false.
    Judging by how fast the numbers dropped and the amount of criticism posted at the time. I think it's safe to say a majority of the 85% quit due to the state of the game.

No game loses over 4/5 of it's playerbase that fast just because people "want to move on". I can't think of a game that lost that much of it's playerbase in such a short period of time.

But I agree. Maybe it wasn't all 85%. But it was most certainly a majority compared to the total number of players. I'll admit I should have worded myself better and that it was moronic of me to try and claim all 85% left for that reason alone.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-23 at 01:12 AM.

Source?

Because everything we’ve seen and heard to date says you’re wrong.

I mean its not like people hate destiny like they hate a person who hits puppies but it certainly could be better had they listened to even one trace of feedback, if you are treating your game as a service then provide the service your customers want...which is not what bungie did lol

10+ Year Old Account
    No game loses over 4/5 of it's playerbase that fast just because people "want to move on". I can't think of a game that lost that much of it's playerbase in such a short period of time.
    Well The Division also suffered a serious drop-off in players in the first few weeks, but they managed to recover pretty well - although be it that it took them some time to turn the game around. They pushed back their entire roadmap to fix their game and player numbers started increasing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Well The Division also suffered a serious drop-off in players in the first few weeks, but they managed to recover pretty well - although be it that it took them some time to turn the game around. They pushed back their entire roadmap to fix their game and player numbers started increasing again.
    Because they listened. And actually took the feedback into consideration. Although that game is getting a new one if I recall so they can try and avoid the initial mistakes they made with the first game.

Bungie are basically like "we hear you" and instead of doing something they are throwing a 10 dollar emote on Eververse.

Bungie haven't learnt from Destiny 1 whatsoever. If they did that roadmap would be way better.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-23 at 01:43 PM.

Because they listened. And actually took the feedback into consideration. Although that game is getting a new one if I recall so they can try and avoid the initial mistakes they made with the first game.

Bungie are basically like "we hear you" and instead of doing something they are throwing a 10 dollar emote on Eververse.

Bungie haven't learnt from Destiny 1 whatsoever. If they did that roadmap would be way better.
    Just because they don't give into every player demand doesn't mean they don't listen. Most of the changes that have happened and are still coming are because of player feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source?

Because everything we’ve seen and heard to date says you’re wrong.
    I'm not making the claim that 85% left because they were upset. Maybe someone should find evidence of that first don't you think?

I'm not making the claim that 85% left because they were upset. Maybe someone should find evidence of that first don't you think?
    The numbers have been posted before. It factored in concurrent players during stuff like Trials of the Nine and what not. And the numbers had dropped by ~80-85%. And things like repeatedly facing the exact same opponents in PvP queues over and over again because there simply weren’t enough people on at any given time to change up the queues. LFG sites went for stretches of time with next to no one posting in them when they had originally been flooded with people looking to do raids and PvP. The examples go on and on.

So please, stop talking out of your ass when you obviously don’t know the first damn thing about the very topic you are discussing. It just makes you look like a Bungie diehard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers have been posted before. It factored in concurrent players during stuff like Trials of the Nine and what not. And the numbers had dropped by ~80-85%. And things like repeatedly facing the exact same opponents in PvP queues over and over again because there simply weren’t enough people on at any given time to change up the queues. LFG sites went for stretches of time with next to no one posting in them when they had originally been flooded with people looking to do raids and PvP. The examples go on and on.

So please, stop talking out of your ass when you obviously don’t know the first damn thing about the very topic you are discussing. It just makes you look like a Bungie diehard.
    ? I never said 85% didn't leave. The reason why they left is another matter.

? I never said 85% didn't leave. The reason why they left is another matter.
    They left because Bungie screwed the pooch and didn’t give us an evolution of D1 like everyone wanted. They made the game more shallow, less rewarding, and more focused on the in-game store. There are fewer reasons to keep logging on than there has ever been.

This shit isn’t rocket science. And it’s been talked about to death across the internet since D2 launched. Why is it so hard for you to figure out?

They left because Bungie screwed the pooch and didn’t give us an evolution of D1 like everyone wanted. They made the game more shallow, less rewarding, and more focused on the in-game store. There are fewer reasons to keep logging on than there has ever been.

This shit isn’t rocket science. And it’s been talked about to death across the internet since D2 launched. Why is it so hard for you to figure out?
    For many, including myself, that's definitely the case. But you can hardly say that about all, or even most of them without providing some serious evidence to back it up. There's a natural player loss that can be pretty steep for AAA multiplayer games that accounts for a large chunk of those players, for example. How many? I couldn't say for sure, but they very much exist in large numbers and we see a similar trend time and time again with either online-only games or games that are primarily multiplayer.

So it's not rocket science, but it's also not as straightforward and simple as you make it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend and I just hit 340, and decided to roll alts. I hear the grind to 370 is tough so we're just going to get everything to 340 and see which class we like best to push upwards. We're still having a blast just running around doing pubs and strikes, and occasionally the Iron Banner.

I'm playing a hunter right now and really not a fan...it feels so much squishier than my titan did. And its V ability is fucking worthless. Both the Titan's and Warlock's V ability can affect other players, the hunter's saves you from like one shot. Garbage. And there are Exotics that SUPPORT this crappy ability, ew! I got an Exotic Hand Cannon, Sunshot. Damn that thing rocks. Kill one guy in a crowd, it explodes and kills or seriously damages all the others, which then do the same. SO MUCH FUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For many, including myself, that's definitely the case. But you can hardly say that about all, or even most of them without providing some serious evidence to back it up. There's a natural player loss that can be pretty steep for AAA multiplayer games that accounts for a large chunk of those players, for example. How many? I couldn't say for sure, but they very much exist in large numbers and we see a similar trend time and time again with either online-only games or games that are primarily multiplayer.

So it's not rocket science, but it's also not as straightforward and simple as you make it out to be.
    Bungie improves D1 to the point where most people like it. People then expect D2 to be an evolution of D1. Turns out it’s not and is actually worse in many, many ways. Players get mad/bored. Bungie refuses to listen and does not make necessary changes. Players leave in droves.

It ain’t rocket science. It literally takes just a bit of common sense to figure it out. Because if you think this isn’t what caused a majority of people to abandon the game, then you simply haven’t been paying attention.