Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is there some weird social stigma in USA about males walking without shirt? That keeps buffing me.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..obviously that is what they are. I mean..in a way, every movie is...in the way that a studio wants to make cash. But you can go about it the Marvel way, where almost every Stand-alone hero movie brings something to the table, or in the uninspired Star Wars / DC Universe way.

Sooo...as long as you know there are people who just have to see everything Star Wars, no matter what - a standalone Yoda, Obi Wan, Admiral Ackbar, Lando Calrissian, Klacto Doofoo or 3rd kid on the left in Jedi Crowd will attract people

After Eps 1-3, I am avoiding SW like the plaque, gave TFA a chance, but that was it....no interest anymore
    Obi-Wan - A Star Wars Story will be great.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

I can't believe they killed Han Solo at the end of Solo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They are saying thats the hypocrisy. They pander to minorities but still dont have the balls to cast the leads as such. They still wouldn't cast an Indian or muslim girl as the main role instead of daisy ridley a white girl or hux a white male villain
    Oh, come on! Hux is ginger! He represents the diversity in Star Wars movie the most.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..obviously that is what they are. I mean..in a way, every movie is...in the way that a studio wants to make cash. But you can go about it the Marvel way, where almost every Stand-alone hero movie brings something to the table, or in the uninspired Star Wars / DC Universe way.

Sooo...as long as you know there are people who just have to see everything Star Wars, no matter what - a standalone Yoda, Obi Wan, Admiral Ackbar, Lando Calrissian, Klacto Doofoo or 3rd kid on the left in Jedi Crowd will attract people

After Eps 1-3, I am avoiding SW like the plaque, gave TFA a chance, but that was it....no interest anymore
    Maybe I have a different interpretation of cash grab.

Of course, every big movies aim is to make money. I have no issue with that. And after Disney bought the Star Wars brand, I can see how they want a return on their investment.

But Solo felt like the first movie that added nothing to the universe. It is just some random adventures. Han, Chewie and Lando could have been replaced with any other new character in the SW universe, and the movie would have made as much sense.

And I don'T think there are to many people who will blindly go. At least where I live, in one of germany's biggest cities, there is not one sold out screening of Solo this weekend. Saturday, 8 pm, barely half full. With TFA, Rogue One and TLJ, theatres were packed. The cinema actually cancelled other movie screenings to show them to do additional screenings. But this saturday, there are more people interested in seeing Infinity War again then Solo. And Deadpool 2 has been sold out for a week, I considered going again on saturday - no chance.

As far as I've heard, similar stories happened across the globe. Maybe check theatres newar you and see how it is there.

I don't think the movie will flop. As didn't think it was bad, either. But I'd assume it stays behind expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    That annoys me too, that in such a big universe the only non-human characters are relegated to side roles or comic relief. It'd be nice to see an alien in a main role; just make it a humanoid at first to ease people into it before going for the weird blob characters later.
    Well they did try to ease us into wookie culture with the christmas special.
    It did not end well.

(I get what you mean, I just like bringing that one up whenever I can.)

So, Solo made an amazing 117.000 Dollar in midnight premieres in China, and is estimated to gross 10 million Yuan in its opening weekend, which would translate to 1.56 Million USD.

Last Jedi made 550.000 Dollars at midnight premieres, Rogue One was better by a small margin, and Force Awakens pulled 2.5 million USD in its midnight premiere. Safe to say at least the Chinese are fed up with Star Wars. As opposed, Infinity War made ~10 Million Dollars in its midnight premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
    Oh, come on! Hux is ginger! He represents the diversity in Star Wars movie the most.
    Of course! Whats more evil than white men? White men who are also ginger! Dw Hux is going no where, thats movie gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Safe to say at least the Chinese are fed up with Star Wars. As opposed, Infinity War made ~10 Million Dollars in its midnight premiere.
    The OT wasn't a thing in China.

Without nostalgia and identity politics to blind them, it's almost as if the Chinese can tell quality and milking apart.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2018-05-24 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    The OT wasn't a thing in China.

Without nostalgia and identity politics to blind them, it's almost as if the Chinese can tell quality and milking apart.
    Edit: Nevermind, I misread your post. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Nonsense, Disney would never do political pandering!

Oh...
    Mark Hamill: ...Oh god why...

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Mark Hamill: ...Oh god why...
    ??? Last I checked Mark Hamil had his own social media and wasnt called "Jon Kasdan"

??? Last I checked Mark Hamil had his own social media and wasnt called "Jon Kasdan"
    I know. Was just stating his possible reaction to all of this. Remember the Last Jedi?

I know. Was just stating his possible reaction to all of this. Remember the Last Jedi?
    I remember him having some questions over the script and some reactions to the change in his character, so the fans took that and absolutely ran with it as much as they could to support whatever theories they had

I remember him having some questions over the script and some reactions to the change in his character, so the fans took that and absolutely ran with it as much as they could to support whatever theories they had
    I also remember him just talking down on the movie in general.

Deleted

I also remember him just talking down on the movie in general.
    I remember from being in denial in the middle of the movie to hatred towards the end of the movie and THEN seeing his interviews. I almost expected him to go full Dark Jedi on Rian Johnson. Or the Joker. Preferably both.

Deleted
    I remember from being in denial in the middle of the movie to hatred towards the end of the movie and THEN seeing his interviews. I almost expected him to go full Dark Jedi on Rian Johnson. Or the Joker. Preferably both.

Oh yeah...

I forgot...

He did play the Joker in the Animated Series, didn't he? Nice.

Oh yeah...

I forgot...

He did play the Joker in the Animated Series, didn't he? Nice.
    Serious? How does one forget Mark Hamil is the joker? Its one of the best voice performances of the animated era

- - - Updated - - -

He ended up regretting sharing his thoughts about the film. Because the fans went overboard with it