Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's different to play a premade compared to your own character. I know I would test more with my character copy.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If you want to provide proof you have to provide proof. You can tgive me an hour of audio and say " it's somewhere in there you find it" if you want to claim it you need to provide the proof, you can't just go "well you find it dummy"
    Also oh look below. They said planned soon. Not next couple of weeks... So its coming. But they are literally doing as they said. Its coming soon. That's it that's all they said.
    - - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's what I thought. I knew they said planned soon. But the guy was claiming " couple" and that "couple" has already passed.

- - - Updated - - -

And guess what. Letting people test that on the beta does absoutly nothing... That is what the ptr is for.

You really think people on the beta are going to go teat OLD vontent? On mass?

- - - Updated - - -

1more week of may
    June
    July
    August first two weeks

Yeah we have awhile.
    Except we have 1 month less than that, because the prepatch is a thing, so they have maybe 2 months. Beta started what? 2 months ago? And it wasn't anywhere near feature complete, just as right now, it's still missing a bunch of stuff. They're behind, it's that simple. And you realize that beta and PTR are the same thing, except one is invite-only, right?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    You don't need your main to test the beta though. But from your comment i can guess you do not care about testing, which is a shame.
    I have done my fair share of testing. Sent multiple bug reports feedback on almost all quests ive done. etc etc. I still want char copy. So i can test out for myself mainly. The difference between live and squished beta. Checking multiple things.

I don't see what the big deal is - there isn't any reason why you need your character to test things vs. just making a character on beta. Sure, it's nice to have access to different mounts/transmog, but that's about it.

Gear will be irrelevant in like 4-5 levels anyways. Everything else is just edge scenarios (toys, food, legendaries, etc.) that don't really matter at all.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2018-05-24 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is - there isn't any reason why you need your character to test things vs. just making a character on beta. Sure, it's nice to have access to different mounts/transmog, but that's about it.

Gear will be irrelevant in like 4-5 levels anyways. Everything else is just edge scenarios (toys, food, legendaries, etc.) that don't really matter at all.
    Usually toys and such get fixed extremely fast when they don't behave like they should. Especially when they offer an advantage or are just fun to use.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    actually you do. There are a lot of things our mains have that a fresh character wouldn't: special mounts, gear, specific trinkets, legendaries, etc. It helps identify bugs, it's just not on their priority list at the moment. Same reason they start with no addons and allow them later on. They test the game without any modifiers and then with them all. Same can be said for fresh character versus a live character. Trust me, you do need your main to test.
    How do "Special mounts" affect your ability to test the game?

Legion gear is already in the game, gear levels are available. There is no testing needed here beyond knowing that people with lower-level gear (which you get in the beta) will be able to get through the content. Anything above that is a bonus for players with better gear.

Specific trinkets: Same thing. Code is already in-game, no need to further test how these work. They will be obsolete by the time you hit 120, so however they affect the leveling experience it's fine.

Legendaries have been tested in an earlier build. They work. It's done.

Trust me, the last thing you need to test leveling is your main. What we need to know is: "Will it work for weaker characters?" If yes, it's fine.
    Anything beyond that is a credit to people with better gear.

I hope it is soon too.
    I have already done a bunch of testing but i just want to feel how my character will play when we go live.
    leveling premade was pretty easy as Veng DH just like legion.
    but i know alot of people that have bad tastes in their mouths because the premades dont stack up against their live toon

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    I hope it is soon too.
    I have already done a bunch of testing but i just want to feel how my character will play when we go live.
    leveling premade was pretty easy as Veng DH just like legion.
    but i know alot of people that have bad tastes in their mouths because the premades dont stack up against their live toon
    I mean...it's the same as a pre-made with better gear. There's nothing eye-opening about this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except we have 1 month less than that, because the prepatch is a thing, so they have maybe 2 months. Beta started what? 2 months ago? And it wasn't anywhere near feature complete, just as right now, it's still missing a bunch of stuff. They're behind, it's that simple. And you realize that beta and PTR are the same thing, except one is invite-only, right?
    So here is the thing.
    Let me get this through for ya cause you seem abit confused
    PTR=prepatch
    BETA=full launch
    So if they want to balance the pre patch... Why the fuck would they test the prepatch on the full launch servers that are invite only and not... Oh my the prepatch server with anyone can play!

They are exactly NOT the same thing, are you serious?

"Hey guys we want to test the normal difficulty of this boss, we are gunna out you in heroic have fun."

But let me do it more simple for ya

Test prepatch balance on prepatch servers.
    Dont test prepatch on not prepatch servers.
    Gooood

If you want people to test the prepatch and make sure the current stuff will still be balanced and will still be at least semi difficult you put them on a ptr with only current content... Because then they will do it.

If you put them on beta. Guess what they will just go do new content. Something that is not meant to be balanced. Leveling is simply "can people with no gear do it? Alright then it's good" so sending everyone through it but geared accomplishes very little. Only catching stuff like "what if you DPS too fast" but that is easy to fix on their side. And our side.

Again you have to be very dull to think A. Ptr and beta are the same exact thing. And B. That putting players on the beta. Will do any testing for current legion content.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I have done my fair share of testing. Sent multiple bug reports feedback on almost all quests ive done. etc etc. I still want char copy. So i can test out for myself mainly. The difference between live and squished beta. Checking multiple things.
    Well when the ptr comes out soon you can test it on there where it will actually matter.
    Or you can patiently wait for them to get it working like a good boy.
    People complaining on the forums about them not adding character copy is going to do anything. And if it does it Will most likely be them spending time that could be done bug fixing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snoogentz View Post
    really? they said "soon" for like 2 months ago. how long does it take....

anyone seen any info about this shit? been waiting for leveling my char cuz of i want to level my main..

zzzzzz
    They said soon less then a month ago.
    Also yes making games takes along time, and getting a buggy alpha or beta to allow for new features can take along time too. Its not like they gain AnYTHING by holding this back. So it will come when its ready. For not just learn a thing called patience.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-05-24 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    You don't need your main to test the beta though. But from your comment i can guess you do not care about testing, which is a shame.
    Yeah, you kinda do but sure.

People seem overly attached to their characters pixels.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2018-05-24 at 01:52 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You literally don't.

Leveling: What you need to know is where to draw the line before weak characters can't get through content, this excludes all characters with high-level gear.
    And no, they aren't looking to tune leveling for higher level gear, that would make no sense whatsoever.

End-game: You need current-tier gear, your main character gear from Legion has nothing to go on here.

In none of these scenarios do you NEED your current main to test.

Oh and "I want to know how my character performs until 117" is not at all a concern that needs to be addressed at this point.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2018-05-24 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I mean...it's the same as a pre-made with better gear. There's nothing eye-opening about this.
    and? i want to see how MY toon plays is that hard for you to grasp lol

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    And here we foolishly thought a beta was centered around finding bugs and tuning relevant content as much as possible before release.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    And here we foolishly thought a beta was centered around finding bugs and tuning relevant content as much as possible before release.
    which i have already done...reading is hard?

i am not testing every class every spec like some people.
    i test the classes i play they seem fine but prot warrior which i have given feedback on so yeah...

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    which i have already done...reading is hard?

i am not testing every class every spec like some people.
    i test the classes i play they seem fine but prot warrior which i have given feedback on so yeah...
    Good for you, but the beta sadly doesn't stop when you feel you're done. It becoming your personal demo is just not a priority.

Ok? What's the difference between your toon and a pre-made apart from some prettier pixels and higher numbers?

Nobody has given a good reason as to why transfers even matter - frankly, I'm not sure why Blizz even does them.

They should have done this at the last char wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    There is not a single reason and you did not list one after stupidly bashing my comment. Soooo, you don't have a reason as well other from "i don't want to test i jsut want to play beta with my main for no use to the beta at all". You sir, could improve the game with beta access but you chose to give no shits about it. I'm curious if you are also the kind of person that crys over every bug, would be hilarious, right? :P

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    You don't need your chars to test anything, stop with the bullshit about you needing things you have on it, nothing you have on it on Live is relevant to test on BfA. wtf you going on about testing mounts and irrelevant lvl 110 gear... are you serious?
    But actually testing how it feels in raid gear is appropriate as well as it gives a good idea of the power creep gained from leveling gear as well.